Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Aquaman 80th Anniversary Special #1

story by DAN JURGENS, GEOFF JOHNS, BRANDON THOMAS, CHUCK BROWN, STEPHANIE PHILLIPS, MICHAEL MORECI, MARGUERITE BENNETT, DAN WATTERS, JEFF PARKER, SHAWN ALDRIDGE, AND FRANCIS MANAPUL!
    art by STEVE EPTING, PAUL PELLETIER, VALENTINE DE LANDRO, HENDRY PRASETYA, POP MHAN, TRUNGLES, MIGUEL MENDONÇA, EVAN "DOC" SHANER, TOM DERENICK, FRANCIS MANAPUL, AND MORE!
    cover by IVAN REIS & JOE PRADO
    ON SALE : 8/31/21
    $9.99 US | 96 PAGES | FC | DC | Prestige format

After defending the seven seas for eight decades, it's time to throw Aquaman a party! This all-star-filled anthology spans across the ocean king's legacy, not just celebrating his own triumphs, but also those of his greatest allies and enemies. We look at his ongoing romance with Mera, his bitter rivalry with Black Manta, his brotherly conflict with Ocean Master, and the inspiration he lends to younger heroes like Tempest and Jackson Hyde, the newest Aqualad.
    It would not be an Aquaman celebration without also looking at how he's changed over the years, including a brand-new tale of Bombshells Aquaman.
    This special brings together Aqua talent past, present, and future, including reuniting fan-favorite creative teams such as Geoff Johns and Paul Pelletier, Dan Jurgens and Steve Epting, alongside Dan Watters and Miguel Mendonca. Plus, two of the stories are prequels to two new Aquaman miniseries launching in September, kicking off another 80 years of undersea adventure!

I wonder what these two minis will be about.
    Hope one being about Arthur and Mera and another with Jackson and Garth or Andy(depends if its future or present).
    Aquaman cast is too crowded to be put into one book. All in one book would end taking space from each other as most of it would be taken by the two co-leads.
    Besides a separate book could help build characters like Jackson, Andy etc Giving them a chance to shine on their own.
    I also hope that they give them some good writers that understand the characters so they can achieve that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Hope one being about Arthur and Mera and another with Jackson and Garth or Andy(depends if its future or present).
    Aquaman cast is too crowded to be put into one book. All in one book would end taking space from each other as most of it would be taken by the two co-leads.
    Besides a separate book could help build characters like Jackson, Andy etc Giving them a chance to shine on their own.
    I also hope that they give them some good writers that understand the characters so they can achieve that.
    Agreed. If one of the minis contains Jackson, I hope the writer is Brandon Thomas because so far he writes my favorite Jackson.

I don't think they'll put Andy in one book and her parents in another. I think she'll be with them like Jon with his parents and Damian with Batman. I think a book with the Aquafamily would be a bigger pull. Maybe it would be Garth and Jackson.

Agreed. If one of the minis contains Jackson, I hope the writer is Brandon Thomas because so far he writes my favorite Jackson.

I don't think they'll put Andy in one book and her parents in another. I think she'll be with them like Jon with his parents and Damian with Batman. I think a book with the Aquafamily would be a bigger pull. Maybe it would be Garth and Jackson.
    Depends if book is current or future, if its the later its a safe bet that it would be Andy and Jackson, if its current Jackson and Garth. With arthur, Mera and Andy in the other book.

As for the writer, I disagree. I am of the opinion that Thomas wasted Jackson, he threw him in a jail for six years, when he could have had him searching for Andy through the confluence. With various adventures in due course. Do you see the new Bat, Superman or WW thrown into jail? Neither his handling of Andy impresses me, giving her a water limb in Aquaman ain't that much original. Not all was bad mind it, I liked the reunion at the end, the connection between the two and his teachings that helped Andy survive, but still throwing him in jail, I cannot really accepted. Besides six years in a jail deprives of possible Jackson adventures that could be related in a future state book.

A writer with a better standing, preferably well versed in Aquaworld, is needed to push and build Jackson further, up coming talent is not enough. As for that, neither Arthur himself can benefit from such writers.
    Having a mini for the sake of one, won't really help and could do more harm, especially if not up to standard. Same applies for the regular Aquaman book, it won't sell or survive with writers that have no pull. Aquaman and with that I mean also the rest of the cast, being mini or regular series, needs an A List writer or at least someone getting there. Since DC will never promote such book as it should. We have the example of KSD (btw I liked her run) she wasn't one of those writers and ran the book to aground.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 05-27-2021 at 09:35 PM.

I love when Travis Moore draws Jackson

I love when Travis Moore draws Jackson

A beach episode within a nice illustration .

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hell yeah !

Loved Brandon Thomas on future State Aquaman so I’m in, can’t wait to read this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Brandon Thomas is the writer and Diego Olortegui is the artist.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Just wanted to add my "All of 'YES!!!' to this" alongside everyone else's.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I'm excited to see Jackson get a series, I dont think I'm as excited its under the Aquaman banner.

Astonishing Member

Really hope they stick with the Young Justice and/or Future State depictions of Jackson for this. His time in Teen Titans was disgraceful and I'd love to see more of him (even if my boy Garth will never get this kind of respect or play now).

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Really hope they stick with the Young Justice and/or Future State depictions of Jackson for this. His time in Teen Titans was disgraceful and I'd love to see more of him (even if my boy Garth will never get this kind of respect or play now).
    I think it's more likely they'll write him like he was during the KSD Aquaman era than in TT or the YJ show.

There's supposed to be another Aquaman mini coming out so hopefully Garth is in that one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more likely they'll write him like he was during the KSD Aquaman era than in TT or the YJ show.

There's supposed to be another Aquaman mini coming out so hopefully Garth is in that one.
    Why can’t Garth jump into titans academy as an instructor
    Their should always be an adult on campus anyway