Page 53 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

It's times like this, I wish wasn't so attached to my avatar. There is probably going to be lots of gorgeous new Larraz Rogue art in our future. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    It's times like this, I wish wasn't so attached to my avatar. There is probably going to be lots of gorgeous new Larraz Rogue art in our future. T_T
    I know what you mean. I've kept my avatar a long time too, but Larraz may put something out there this time that will get me to change it.

Especially since she'll be wearing my favorite uniform now instead of the one she had on when he was drawing her in UA.

I actually wish she'd worn more of her Excalibur look. Instead To couldn't present a distinct look which worked against the team IMO.

But yes, Larraz will make her look great in the 90s uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Absolutely!
    Duggan has been one of my favorite writers for Rogue, and Larraz has been one of my favorite artists, so I am Definitely excited for this!
    right there with you! in just 3 pages, he's got her being the ass kicker we know and love
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Yes! I love the action already. Duggan really knows how to write a super-strong Rogue. I know we'll at least get that fulfilled in this run.

Remains to be seen if he'll play around with her absorption at all. I don't think he touched upon it at all during his run, outside of the Deadpool kiss.

Also a Polaris and Rogue friendship moment. <3 Hoping for more organic friendship and equal relationships than being Betsy's cheerleader in Excalibur.
    It will be interesting to see her interaction with Lorna anf Laura. And i hope to see how Rogue use her absorption power.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenada View Post
    It will be interesting to see her interaction with Lorna anf Laura. And i hope to see how Rogue use her absorption power.
    Expect some magnetic fastball specials.
    I would love for Rogue to use her absortion abiloties more too.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenada View Post
    I do wish more writers would develop her female friendships in an organic way. Excalibur is an example on how to do it wrong, by ignoring any history and having it only be a one way street ie Rogue only comforting Betsy without much explanation and not the other way around. Friendships should be equal and help explore different aspects of the character.

Ororo: While she can confide in Ororo, it's not an equal relationship. Ororo rarely lets her emotional guard down around Rogue, she'd rather lean on Jean or someone else.
    Betsy: Have gotten closer, regardless of my feelings on Excalibur, but I don't think have yet to resolve key issues with their relationship. Potential to be close if Betsy ever opened about feeling like a body snatcher, since Rogue can relate on some level.
    Jean: Friendly but has never been shown to be around each other much. Jean struggles from a lack of relationships beyond her lovers and very close friends (Storm).
    Polaris: A consistent team member but they never confide or really get deep with their friendship. Awkward angle of "I dated your dad" and "I find your boyfriend/husband attractive".
    Jubilee: Age-gap but also hasn't had much significant interactions with regardless. I think it was a missed opportunity for Rogue to interact with Shogo and Jubilee more and really get a feel if she wanted or was ready to have children. I don't think kids in superhero comics are handled very well, see Jubilee, but going through a magical coma is the most boring way of exploring that.
    Shadowcat: Has had some nice stories here and there but similar to Jubilee, they are rarely on the same team. Rogue did help Kitty a lot during her wedding jitters, too bad it was all for naught.

Though I suppose it's not just Rogue who has this problem. Due to changing creative teams, it's hard to establish long-terms relationships. Friendships also sometimes get ignored for the drama of who is sleeping with who soap opera aspect of the X-Men, when friendship used to be a much stronger focus in the franchise. Another thing CC did right, even if Rogue in particular was usually isolated in the 80s from it.

And yes, as much as I appreciate team Muscle!Rogue, her most interesting ability has always been her absorption.

Now that Rogue will be in the main book by Duggan and Larraz, I hope she finally gets to ask Xavier and Magneto why hasn't her other mother been brought back from death. Her relationship with Destiny has always been lovely, it's odd to have just Mystique asking for Irene's return.

That is true. Though I feel we don't see a lot of requests which should of been important to ask ie James asking about John. (which iirc was anti-climatic was revealed to be revived and with no reunion on panel for them)

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    What's the status of her powers these days? For a while she could touch people with no problem...can she still? I seem to recall she could summon back powers without touching as well. She was using Northstar as her basic loadout for a while...now she's Wonder Man?
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    What's the status of her powers these days? For a while she could touch people with no problem...can she still? I seem to recall she could summon back powers without touching as well. She was using Northstar as her basic loadout for a while...now she's Wonder Man?
    She can use her absortion at will. And has ionic energy.

Yep, at least one artist in recent memory remembered she got her powers from Wonder Man.

Yep, at least one artist in recent memory remembered she got her powers from Wonder Man.

I'm fine with other artists forgetting about it, it doesn't really contribute anything visually.
    I'm guessing it was included here so the artist could add his initials (RAT)?

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Expect some magnetic fastball specials.
    Honestly I like seeing Rogue go for her typical punch someone in the mouth first.

Then go for the absorption when necessary.

I 've missed seeing Rogue in a good brawl.

But does she still have to be careful of her long she is in contact with another?

What about needing to be all covered up, lest the skin-to-skin trigger the transfer? Or is that the control Rogue now has?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!