Page 118 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1891

Ohh a small squad of young mutants. That'd be a nice callback to Legacy teacher era and they did already have that episode with Cannonball (as much as the animation might influence people to forget it lol).

And yes, a over-arching story regarding the dairies would be very entertaining. It's about time for Destiny to get some attention, especially considering her importance in the current era.

Messiah Complex could be fun... as long as they change Rogue being passed out for most of the event. (just like Rogue in the new X-Men preview >_>)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too!

R.I.P. Black and Green, my preferred Rogue aesthetic.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too!

Back in the day, this look was the sh1t. lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Back in the day, this look was the sh1t. lol
    still is! She should go back to this color scheme.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    still is! She should go back to this color scheme.
    Hell yes yes and yes.

so i asked this in the Gambit thread and Mr/Mrs X Remy/Rogue thread, so i definitely need to ask it here for Rogue specifically.

Thanksgiving is my group's BIG announcement and ill share that announcement here on CBR. its the fan collab Marvel anime series. the promo poster is fantastic, i love the new design twists on the avengers and xmen most importantly its something for ALL marvel fans to participate in!

now the producer of this multiverse of series IS a major Gambit fan and has come up with prolly THE best character arc ive seen FOR this character. shes also doing a lot more with Rogue as well and as far as I know this is THE MOST ive ever seen Rogue rly explored and highlighted. her story involves some interesting twists, theres tragedy and theres a major focus on her becoming a pinnacle of synergy between humans and mutants. i rly like the ideas even as they serve as "base" narratives (so other fans can contribute ideas of their own) and i personally feel this realizes Rogue as a powerful and impactful hero very well and uniquely from what ive seen via cartoon and tv/cinema. i also like that the animator chose to have Rogue and Remy be the focus pair story wise which i feel has long been needed.

now that said im not too versed on Rogue in comics i know more about Remy's comic canon than Rogue's. i say that bc with these ideas for Rogue id personally like to look at actual comics where she really shined or were fan faves to compare with the narrative on the table.

all that said (and i know ive been talking about this ghost project for a yr now but its finally being announced for thanxgiving), id like to know what are GOOD comic reads FOR Rogue...

1. What comic/run is good showcasing her pwrs?

2. What comic/run does best exploring her backstory?

3. What comic/run do FANS love most for Rogue?

4. which comics are best in exploring her relationship with Gambit and friendships?

see im know her from more the cartoons and a few games but not so much from comics. i know this will become open for fan suggestions and collab but for her development of her base narrative i personally wanna know more of her character so i can better assess the ideas she has created.
    Last edited by GMikey; 11-23-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Mark Brooks just tweeted this https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...87903451291651
    some time ago he sayed Rogue was his favorite Marvel characther, and now he liked one tweet asking him if she was... Maybe Anna will have a big role in Destiny of X, finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    1. What comic/run is good showcasing her pwrs?
    Avengers Annual 10
    Uncanny X-Men 194

If you want a deep dive into her absorption base powers, Carey's X-Men Legacy (226-275) run probably does that best.

2. What comic/run does best exploring her backstory?
    Uncanny X-Men 171
    X-Men Unlimited 4

There is also general family background information given in her solo series (Rogue vol 3) but lots of Rogue fans don't really regard it well...

3. What comic/run do FANS love most for Rogue?
    Chris Claremont in general is her creator and probably best writer. Specific highlighted issues are probably

Uncanny X-Men 182
    Uncanny X-Men 194
    Uncanny X-Men 218
    X-Men vol 2 103
    X-treme X-Men 13 & 17

Outside of Claremont, there are few writers that have written great Rogue stories or runs. These include Mike Carey, Steve Seagle, and a few others.

Uncanny X-Men 359
    Rogue vol 1 4
    X-Men vol 2 188-200
    X-Men Legacy 226
    X-Men Legacy 228
    X-Force (2008) 26
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3 14
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3 24-25

4. which comics are best in exploring her relationship with Gambit and friendships?
    I think the Romy thread has it covered on her relationship with Gambit, as for her friendships.

Uncanny X-Men 185 (Storm)
    Uncanny X-Men 319 (Iceman)
    Uncanny X-Men 239 & X-Treme X-Men 3 (Psylocke) technically we could also count the new Excalibur series but...
    Uncanny X-Men 173 & X-Men 103 (Wolverine)
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 11-23-2021 at 08:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    Mark Brooks just tweeted this https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...87903451291651
    some time ago he sayed Rogue was his favorite Marvel characther, and now he liked one tweet asking him if she was... Maybe Anna will have a big role in Destiny of X, finally!!!
    Oh cool! I won't get my hopes up too much, but that's promising. And his art is soooo good

This cover he did for Legacy is still a favorite of mine. I got a copy signed at a con he was at a few years ago

Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 11-24-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    Make Good Art

I'm going to spare the expectations for the fans, issue 5 x-men Rogue again does nothing.
    IT SURPRISES ME? Well, absolutely not.

Rogue in this issue again is wallpaper, no development and worse still spends most of the time passed out, which is even more stupid. Duggan forgot Rogue's Skin is INVULNERABLE, and he didn't bother to explain it either.

This topic is supposedly to focus on Lorna but obviously this wasn't going to stop Jean from stealing shots and receiving development.

Give Rogue to another writer what if he is interested in her by God, it is obvious that this book is only by Jean and Synch, something absurd is supposed to be Duggan's favorite character is Rogue, and since he started this book it does not seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh cool! I won't get my hopes up too much, but that's promising. And his art is soooo good

This cover he did for Legacy is still a favorite of mine. I got a copy signed at a con he was at a few years ago

that's awesome, love this cover

Rogue helped Lorna get rid of some radioactive waste by flying the Proudstar to the sun, and she punched a giant bug during another Games World attack.

LOVE that Mark Brooks cover!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Rogue helped Lorna get rid of some radioactive waste by flying the Proudstar to the sun, and she punched a giant bug during another Games World attack.

LOVE that Mark Brooks cover!
    2 panels of disgusting filler, in fact once again Rogue is the least featured in the book........And this time it was even worse, they didn't even spend it waking up, not even the final and predictable part of the xmen Sharinga with the civilians lol, and Rogue???? Bad wallpaper lol.

The issue was from Lorna (the only positive).
    AND BECAUSE OF JEAN Zzzzz, despite the fact that the previous issue looted us with a fanboy story just for her.

Rogue is always the one who does the least in this book, but here not even an effective wallpaper was, since they did not remember its existence in the final X_x panels, if you are a Rogue fan, do not spend money on this issue, it is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Avengers Annual 10
    Uncanny X-Men 194

If you want a deep dive into her absorption base powers, Carey's X-Men Legacy (226-275) run probably does that best.

Uncanny X-Men 171
    X-Men Unlimited 4

There is also general family background information given in her solo series (Rogue vol 3) but lots of Rogue fans don't really regard it well...

Chris Claremont in general is her creator and probably best writer. Specific highlighted issues are probably

Uncanny X-Men 182
    Uncanny X-Men 194
    Uncanny X-Men 218
    X-Men vol 2 103
    X-treme X-Men 13 & 17

Outside of Claremont, there are few writers that have written great Rogue stories or runs. These include Mike Carey, Steve Seagle, and a few others.

Uncanny X-Men 359
    Rogue vol 1 4
    X-Men vol 2 188-200
    X-Men Legacy 226
    X-Men Legacy 228
    X-Force (2008) 26
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3 14
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3 24-25

I think the Romy thread has it covered on her relationship with Gambit, as for her friendships.

Uncanny X-Men 185 (Storm)
    Uncanny X-Men 319 (Iceman)
    Uncanny X-Men 239 & X-Treme X-Men 3 (Psylocke) technically we could also count the new Excalibur series but...
    Uncanny X-Men 173 & X-Men 103 (Wolverine)
    WOW! Thanks for all your info!

I've got reading to do! luckily/unluckily I work at a UPS freight facility so there are a good number of downtime moments to read on this stuff. im also gonna pass this to the producer so she can have more solid info to help with writing the base narrative. while this project IS for fans to create and experiment we all want these characters to really be done justice.

Rogue is a character with a LOT of development, new ideas, new twists and even some changes that i feel contributes majorly to Rogue even her character in canon. The producer has her in a good amount of solos, team leader, adventurer, and lots of opportunity for her to discover all the more she can do and she can be.

the first promo drops on FB and i'll share the poster of it and start sharing a lot more info starting tomorrow

Good thing I am a Rogue fan who also loves Jean and Lorna and Ev and Scott and Laura and Shiro...and never read a team book solely for one character.