Page 75 of 127 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1891

Yea, while strength and durability usually tie together, it's not always the case.

Like Sunspot, he's very strong but also very fragile.

Or Luke Cage and Frenzy, who usually are shown to be more durable than they are strong.

So yea, it's nice to shown differences in that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think the only thing I would change on this card would be her Fighting Skill. It should be a 4, as Rogue is a experienced fighter
    Agreed.

But this card is still wrong. They continue to describe her with the Miss Marvel powers.

ROGUE IN STRENGTH and invulnerability is now 7/7 she is a class at 100 now and she has proven it to plenty at U. A.
    Even when he defeated Apocalypse.

People must understand that those powers come from wonderman not from carol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Personally I disagree there. Well... I mean I definitely agree we have our own personal preferences to how Rogue should behave in the comics as a character, but I do think there were positives to that era of Rogue in the media. The biggest one IMO is reminding people that Rogue's original power is her absorption. I prefer her having the flying brick set but if a writer ignores her base power they are not writing her right IMO. It's a common issue that writers will ignore her absorption powers when she has her flying brick set. Or worse, her absorption gets treated like a complete handicap.

TAS was very guilty of this as well. How many times did TAS Rogue actually use her absorption powers to beat an enemy instead of getting overwhelmed and treated as a weakness? Way too much.

Compared to Evolution, where she only has one power available. It's like night and day, she's not as afraid to touch opponents and uses her powers creatively. I would say Evolution did a ton in helping to portray how dangerous and effective her base absorption powers were. Carey also did this, I don't necessarily like that he felt like he needed to strip away permanently absorbed powers, but I appreciate the era with how Rogue was written as thinking more outside the box because she couldn't just rely in being invulnerable to get her out of tough situations.

Ideally we'd have a Rogue that could balance giving the high-action of being a super-strong and mobile high-flying character with the creativity of having the ability to steal powers from other superhuman, but that's rare to see. I think it's helpful to see both sides and to remind the audience that's she's not one or the other in terms of power-set, both should be core to her identity. It's funny because I started out disliking Evo Rogue for similar reasons like design and her stripped down powers but now I like her just as much as TAS Rogue.
    Agreed with you Chrono.

That's how it is. ROGUE TAS had all of her classic powers .. But her powers that make her one of the most powerful characters in Marvel .. In that series they were useless. The absorption ones.

I have seen all 3 series currently. And we must tell things how they are.

EVO Rogue was the most powerful of her group. And she proved it multiple times and for what she should be. Because of her absorbing powers. She was also the best worked and most important character in evolution. The best without a doubt.

ROGUE TAS is supposed to be the most powerful of her group because of her set of powers. And she possibly she did. But despite being sexy and fun. She always ended up defeated or beaten .. To show that the enemy was powerful lol. She hated that and she didn't seem like a thinking being many times.

Rogue wolverine atx despite not coming out much what little she did proved to be much in truth much more powerful than rogue so.

The only advantage of Roguetas is that she could fight with sentinels better .. But against powerful enemies she was not really of much use. Just to get hit and show that the enemy was powerful.

So what if I do a power scale. From the 4 film and tv versions of her so far.

EVO Rogue >>>>>>>>> wolverineatx Rogue >>> Rogue tas = NO no Rogue fox movies

If I put the paquin the same as Rogue tas because at least her absorption powers were made clear they were very powerful even though she almost never used them.
    But in tas the powers of absorption were a joke.

As a story, character and importance in the plot.

EVO ROGUE >>>>>>>>> WATX ROGUE = ROGUE TAS> NO ROGUE fox movies.

I don't understand how a true Rogue fan wouldn't love Evo Rogue. She is the best of all and most powerful by far.
    If they missed her her flying brick powers, she would eventually have them and better in that series.

Despite how much they downplayed her absorption powers in TAS, I think that version of Rogue is still the strongest. The other two versions of Rogue are dependent on how they can get their hands on first, while TAS Rogue is much more independent.

I would say Evolution Rogue edges out WATX though. Evo Rogue should a huge amount of potential through the power recalling latent ability.

Anyway, I managed to read this weeks issues. Not gonna spoil anything, but it was... alright.

BANNED

Despite how much they downplayed her absorption powers in TAS, I think that version of Rogue is still the strongest. The other two versions of Rogue are dependent on how they can get their hands on first, while TAS Rogue is much more independent.

I would say Evolution Rogue edges out WATX though. Evo Rogue should a huge amount of potential through the power recalling latent ability.

Anyway, I managed to read this weeks issues. Not gonna spoil anything, but it was... alright.
    Her absorption powers were downplayed in TAS because she had already absorbed Mrs Marvel powers of flight, super strength and invulnerability. Neither Movies, Evolution or Wolverine and the X-MEN Rogue had Mrs Marvel powers.

Also while I liked Rogue in TAS, She could be of an ass to Gambit.

I always agree with you Chrono a lot, and although I respect your opinion, this time I do not share it.

Friend. More complete? Yes. More versatile? Hmm it depends. Stronger physically? Yes.

More powerful than Evo Rogue? Hell no. The other two versions are much more powerful than Rogue tas, especially the evo.

What makes Rogue one of the most powerful characters is not the flying brick powers, but the absorption powers and that has been the case since her creation.

I'll explain it despite having so many Rogue powers.
    And possibly also the most powerful of her group.
    I didn't consider her very powerful anyway.

Rogue tas had a problem with Sauron. And she couldn't even beat someone inferior to her like omega red. That she ironically beat her with absorption. Even magneto treated her like someone inferior. In fact, Rogue was on the ground more often than defeating someone.

She was not as weak as storm and especially jean.
    But just as Rogue was there just to get hit.

Instead in Evolution. Without a doubt she was the most powerful character, only remembered.

Rogue defeated Blob alone, in the same chapter where Blob easily humiliated Jean Scott and Logan.

Jugg EvoRogue was the only one who could hurt him and defeat him and make him run away. The others were sad.

EVORogue defeated the full xmen twice alone.
    In the introductory chapter of her and when she showed the advancement of her powers

Rogue alone defeated Wanda and the brotherhood

Rogue alone defeated Magneto and all the acolytes.

ROGUE increasing the powers of leeche stopped Apocalypse's plans and how they said in the final chapter of evolution Rogue saved the world.

The power difference between Evo Rogue and Roguetas is between heaven and hell. ROGUE TAS rarely beat someone.

As for Rogue watx.

Only with the chapter that she defeated tildie the omega mutant. And she did a lot more than the rest of the group combined. That makes her already far superior in power to Roguetas.

I don't hate Roguetas. Her personality is funny. And she was very beautiful and sexy. But her power level and how easily she was hit bothered me.

Hopefully and in the next interpretation of her in a series or movie. Let's have a combination of both. A flying brick but what level of absorption powers of it is respected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I always agree with you Chrono a lot, and although I respect your opinion, this time I do not share it.

Friend. More complete? Yes. More versatile? Hmm it depends. Stronger physically? Yes.

More powerful than Evo Rogue? Hell no. The other two versions are much more powerful than Rogue tas, especially the evo.

What makes Rogue one of the most powerful characters is not the flying brick powers, but the absorption powers and that has been the case since her creation.

I'll explain it despite having so many Rogue powers.
    And possibly also the most powerful of her group.
    I didn't consider her very powerful anyway.

Rogue tas had a problem with Sauron. And she couldn't even beat someone inferior to her like omega red. That she ironically beat her with absorption. Even magneto treated her like someone inferior. In fact, Rogue was on the ground more often than defeating someone.

She was not as weak as storm and especially jean.
    But just as Rogue was there just to get hit.

Instead in Evolution. Without a doubt she was the most powerful character, only remembered.

Rogue defeated Blob alone, in the same chapter where Blob easily humiliated Jean Scott and Logan.

Jugg EvoRogue was the only one who could hurt him and defeat him and make him run away. The others were sad.

EVORogue defeated the full xmen twice alone.
    In the introductory chapter of her and when she showed the advancement of her powers

Rogue alone defeated Wanda and the brotherhood

Rogue alone defeated Magneto and all the acolytes.

ROGUE increasing the powers of leeche stopped Apocalypse's plans and how they said in the final chapter of evolution Rogue saved the world.

The power difference between Evo Rogue and Roguetas is between heaven and hell. ROGUE TAS rarely beat someone.

As for Rogue watx.

Only with the chapter that she defeated tildie the omega mutant. And she did a lot more than the rest of the group combined. That makes her already far superior in power to Roguetas.

I don't hate Roguetas. Her personality is funny. And she was very beautiful and sexy. But her power level and how easily she was hit bothered me.

Hopefully and in the next interpretation of her in a series or movie. Let's have a combination of both. A flying brick but what level of absorption powers of it is respected.
    When you are the flying brick in television your main purpose is often to get beat up in order to show how tough the baddie is. It's sad but all to frequently true.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Her absorption powers were downplayed in TAS because she had already absorbed Mrs Marvel powers of flight, super strength and invulnerability. Neither Movies, Evolution or Wolverine and the X-MEN Rogue had Mrs Marvel powers.

Also while I liked Rogue in TAS, She could be of an ass to Gambit.
    Yea, I understanding the writers reasoning for down-playing her but it's still a bit frustrating as a fan. The only time we really say her cut loose with her strength was vs Sentinels, Juggernaut and Gladiator and she lost against 2 of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylermax
    I definitely agree with you that her absorption abilities were used more impactfully in those series, but I'd argue that Rogue in WaTX was used so infrequently it barely counts and Rogue in Evolution did get captured or taken out as well. She had to get rescued during the Sentinel attack and she was knocked out vs X-23, as some examples.

I do think Rogue was used to show opponents as a threat in TAS, which lowers how dangerous she should have been in that show. I'd also argue though that the TAS team faced much stronger threats in general. But yea, if TAS Rogue was allowed to use her absorption in a non-handicapping way, she would have had much more impressive showings in that show.

Moving on to talk of today's Hellfire Gala issues. Spoilers of course

spoilers:
    Not a lot of Rogue, as expected in Excalibur, the story is all about Betsy and to a lesser extent Rictor. I regret purchasing the issue, should of known Tini wouldn't change her ways. We do get a small bit of information regarding the living situation with Gambit and Rogue, apparently they will end up living separately for her tenure but with the gates being a thing, this shouldn't really be much of an issue.

In X-Men 21, Rogue gets some cute moments when announced as part of the team. What's interesting from that is apparently the voting was done with the idea of which mutants best represent the idea of the X-Men, as mutant heroes. So I guess mutants have a high opinion of Rogue? Makes sense, given her redemption arc and recent stint with the Avengers.
    end of spoilers

Looking forward to more Rogue and Jean in the future

Yes! Rogue, Jean and Lorna should all get along pretty well. Lorna and Jean were the OG X-Women for a hot minute during the 70s, while Lorna and Rogue have been on a couple of teams together (Austen, Milligan). Rogue and Jean have had less interaction, but they've always been friendly.

Laura is the only unknown there. Age gap with the rest of the X-women, though Jean is dating (?) her father and Rogue is the wife of a mentor (Gambit).

Yes! Rogue, Jean and Lorna should all get along pretty well. Lorna and Jean were the OG X-Women for a hot minute during the 70s, while Lorna and Rogue have been on a couple of teams together (Austen, Milligan). Rogue and Jean have had less interaction, but they've always been friendly.

Laura is the only unknown there. Age gap with the rest of the X-women, though Jean is dating (?) her father and Rogue is the wife of a mentor (Gambit).
    Not that I expect to see it acknowledged, but Jean and Laura were friends from their time in All New X-men together

Most recently, they were teammates in X-men Red and Uncanny

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Looking forward to more Rogue and Jean in the future
    The X-Men female trinity
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not that I expect to see it acknowledged, but Jean and Laura were friends from their time in All New X-men together

Most recently, they were teammates in X-men Red and Uncanny
    I don't blame them, I try to erase Bendis run from my mind too xD

But you are right, they were teammates for a bit with Red! That series really should've gone on longer.

Actually same goes for X-Men. I'm sad we're only getting this for a year. T.T At least let us have two.

Originally posted in the Upcoming Art thread, so kudos to Dthirds3.

Some more preview pages from X-Men #1!

Originally posted in the Upcoming Art thread, so kudos to Dthirds3.

Some more preview pages from X-Men #1!

I want this book right now

Same! Marte and Larraz are providing some of the best artwork in the line right now! Rivaled only by Schiti on S.W.O.R.D. IMO.

The action definitely doesn't hurt, especially with the Gala recently, I can appreciate the plot but sometimes I just want to see the characters punch something lol.