Page 23 of 127 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Got my issues with Excalibur but I do like her outfit on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Rogue is definitely stronger than CB. I say that bc WM is stronger than CB and Rogue has WM strength not MM. Then again I wonder if CB powers are connected to England like Meggans? If so then i would say CB is on par but I will have to look that up. You can still hold back but not get over taken. Honestly all Rogue had to due was drain her @$$ and subdue her.

Ok I'm seeing this and LOVE it

Ok anyone else get this costume bc its ROCKIN'. Kicking butt and taking names I am LOL. Nightcrawler and X-23 costumes are pretty Bad @ss! Now I just need to get Gambit and Cable's new costume
    I T3'd her yesterday. It was between she and Gambit, and she won out. I love the effects on her new skills

Well I finally got Rogue's new costume in MFF. Only took about 2 weeks. T_T

Speaking of costumes, I've always been kinda curious on how her 90s suit would look with different color palette's. MvC2 has several different options that look nice and I've always liked Rogue with more white.

Switching the conversation a bit, we talked a bit before regarding Rogue's greatest villains in the X-Men but now I'm curious on what villains you'd think would fit Rogue in general? In that they would be able to keep up with her current power-set (Class 100) or would thematically create an interesting parallel or contrast regarding Rogue's personality and history?

Some greater MU villains I think could serve as a good villains as well as a couple from the X-verse.

Absorbing Man
    Associated Franchise: Hulk, Thor, Avengers
    Strength Level: Class 100+ (variable)
    Creel matches up to Rogue in terms of strength and has an absorbing motif that goes well against her. As far as I know, Rogue's only faced him in an AU (as a Red Guard in HoM), where's she beat him but Creel wasn't really utilizing his abilities to his fullest. Carl has various energy forms which might be difficult for Rogue to absorb and so could prove to be enough a challenge against her.

Titania
    Associated Franchise: She-Hulk, Thor, Avengers
    Strength Level: 100
    Like her husband, she is an imposing physical threat and usually gets matched up against other female powerhouses like She-Hulk, Thor (Jane) and Captain Marvel. Unlike Creel, she does not posses any inherent resistance to Rogue's absorption so she would need to be wary of Rogue's ability but given enough caution she should be a formidable adversary. Both Creel and Titania have been on the straight and narrow for the past couple of years, so these two might need a more compelling reason to go against Rogue.

Moonstone
    Associated Franchise: Thunderbolts, Avengers
    Strength Level: Class 10
    While much physically weaker than Rogue is currently, Karla does possess certain abilities which can circumvent the gap. She is able to become intangible which protects her against both Rogue's absorption and physical blows, as well as photon blasts that can punch through steel. But probably Karla's most dangerous aspect is her mind, while not a telepath, she is a psychiatrist with a history of manipulation which if used creatively could be used to put Rogue in a disadvantageous situation.

Lorelei
    Associated Franchise: Thor
    Strength Level: Class 20
    As a base Asgardian, Lorelei would not be much of a physical threat to Rogue, but her durability should be enough to tank a couple of direct hits. Instead Lorelei would pose a challenge through her sorcery. While the above mentioned villains could feasibly be written into an X-Men story, Lorelei is firmly rooted in the Norse pantheon, so her encountering and fighting Rogue does require more of a stretch. I think thematically she matches up against Rogue well; as a goddess of love/seduction vs a mutant that struggled with expressing her sexuality for most of her adult life. I also find it neat that Lorelei has her own patented kiss move, except instead of absorbing abilities Lorelei's turns her opponents/victims into stone. It's an interesting contrast.

Ultra-Adaptoid
    Associated Franchise: Avengers
    A power mimic but through a rather unique mechanization; he gets beamed via satellite random powers by the supervillain group AIM. It makes him a very mercurial threat and the database seems to have pretty formidable powers to pull from including various powers from the FF, Scarlet Witch, Living Lazer, and Monica Rambeau.

Southpaw
    Associated Franchise: She-Hulk
    Strength Level: Class 90
    Southpaw would be an interesting enemy. She is a misguided youth with an attitude problem (sound familiar...?) who has gotten mixed up with various villains. Its exactly the sort of character Rogue would be sympathetic to and that's what makes her dangerous because not everyone wants to reform (despite the X-Men's own track record). As far as abilities go, her extraterrestrial glove allows her to match She-Hulk in strength and create energy arms ala Unuscioune or Armor; so she should be able to hang around Rogue's power level.

Gideon
    Associated Franchise: X-Men
    Strength Level: Class ??? (variable)
    An immortal power mimic that can copy not just superhuman abilities but those of androids and battle-suits. I'm curious on what would happen if Rogue attempted to drain his life-force... technically his only weakness is getting drained or having his heart eaten by another External.

Mountjoy
    A mutant from Bishop's future AU, Mountjoy is a mutant parasite; able to hitch a ride within a body and utilize their abilities. Written well, Mountjoy would be a dangerous opponent and has given the X-Men trouble in the past. Depending on what body he hitches onto, he could be a match for Rogue both physically and mentally. Mountjoy also as the ability to slow time to certain degree around him, allowing him opportunities to both escape and preemptively strike.

Trevor Fitzroy
    Strength Level: Class 0, Class 40 (power-suit)
    Another AU mutant criminal, Trevor has the ability to drain lifeforce from others to power time and teleportation-based abilities. Like any other power parallels, it would be interesting to see how this might interact with Rogue's own natural abilities. Either way, Fitzroy is a dangerous enemy able to create time paradoxes and maneuver himself around her powerhouse abilities. He also at times uses a powersuit which could be written to be able to challenge Rogue physically.

Feel free to give any thoughts or provide your own suggestions on who you'd like to see Rogue go toe to toe with!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

Speaking of costumes, I've always been kinda curious on how her 90s suit would look with different color palette's. MvC2 has several different options that look nice and I've always liked Rogue with more white.

Switching the conversation a bit, we talked a bit before regarding Rogue's greatest villains in the X-Men but now I'm curious on what villains you'd think would fit Rogue in general? In that they would be able to keep up with her current power-set (Class 100) or would thematically create an interesting parallel or contrast regarding Rogue's personality and history?

Some greater MU villains I think could serve as a good villains as well as a couple from the X-verse.

Absorbing Man
    Creel matches up to Rogue in terms of strength and has an absorbing motif that goes well against her. As far as I know, Rogue's only faced him in an AU (as a Red Guard in HoM), where's she beat him but Creel wasn't really utilizing his abilities to his fullest. Carl has various energy forms which might be difficult for Rogue to absorb and so could prove to be enough a challenge against her.

Titania
    Like her husband, she is an imposing physical threat and usually gets matched up against other female powerhouses like She-Hulk, Thor (Jane) and Captain Marvel. Unlike Creel, she does not posses any inherent resistance to Rogue's absorption so she would need to be wary of Rogue's ability but given enough caution she should be a formidable adversary. Both Creel and Titania have been on the straight and narrow for the past couple of years, so these two might need a more compelling reason to go against Rogue.

Moonstone
    While much physically weaker than Rogue is currently, Karla does possess certain abilities which can circumvent the gap. She is able to become intangible which protects her against both Rogue's absorption and physical blows, as well as photon blasts that can punch through steel. But probably Karla's most dangerous aspect is her mind, while not a telepath, she is a psychiatrist with a history of manipulation which if used creatively could be used to put Rogue in a disadvantageous situation.

Lorelei
    As a base Asgardian, Lorelei would not be much of a physical threat to Rogue, but her durability should be enough to tank a couple of direct hits. Instead Lorelei would pose a challenge through her sorcery. While the above mentioned villains could feasibly be written into an X-Men story, Lorelei is firmly rooted in the Norse pantheon, so her encountering and fighting Rogue does require more of a stretch. I think thematically she matches up against Rogue well; as a goddess of love/seduction vs a mutant that struggled with expressing her sexuality for most of her adult life. I also find it neat that Lorelei has her own patented kiss move, except instead of absorbing abilities Lorelei's turns her opponents/victims into stone. It's an interesting contrast.

Ultra-Adaptoid
    A power mimic but through a rather unique mechanization; he gets beamed via satellite random powers by the supervillain group AIM. It makes him a very mercurial threat and the database seems to have pretty formidable powers to pull from including various powers from the FF, Scarlet Witch, Living Lazer, and Monica Rambeau.

Southpaw
    Southpaw would be an interesting enemy. She is a misguided youth with an attitude problem (sound familiar...?) who has gotten mixed up with various villains. Its exactly the sort of character Rogue would be sympathetic to and that's what makes her dangerous because not everyone wants to reform (despite the X-Men's own track record). As far as abilities go, her extraterrestrial glove allows her to match She-Hulk in strength and create energy arms ala Unuscioune or Armor; so she should be able to hang around Rogue's power level.

Gideon
    An immortal power mimic that can copy not just superhuman abilities but those of androids and battle-suits. I'm curious on what would happen if Rogue attempted to drain his life-force... technically his only weakness is getting drained or having his heart eaten by another External.

Mountjoy
    A mutant from Bishop's future AU, Mountjoy is a mutant parasite; able to hitch a ride within a body and utilize their abilities. Written well, Mountjoy would be a dangerous opponent and has given the X-Men trouble in the past. Depending on what body he hitches onto, he could be a match for Rogue both physically and mentally. Mountjoy also as the ability to slow time to certain degree around him, allowing him opportunities to both escape and preemptively strike.

Trevor Fitzroy
    Another AU mutant criminal, Trevor has the ability to drain lifeforce from others to power time and teleportation-based abilities. Like any other power parallels, it would be interesting to see how this might interact with Rogue's own natural abilities. Either way, Fitzroy is a dangerous enemy able to create time paradoxes and maneuver himself around her powerhouse abilities. He also at times uses a powersuit which could be written to be able to challenge Rogue physically.

Feel free to give any thoughts or provide your own suggestions on who you'd like to see Rogue go toe to toe with!
    Gideon would be cool. I would like to see Selene again, now that Rogue has control of her powers. If Yelena Belova still has Adaptoid abilities, her too. Bring back Pandemic too.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

by Nico Bascuñán

by edricluffie

The pose is still ridiculous (I'm reminded of when Hawkeye was used as parody art to show why poses like this are dumb) but it's still very nicely drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Gideon would be cool. I would like to see Selene again, now that Rogue has control of her powers. If Yelena Belova still has Adaptoid abilities, her too. Bring back Pandemic too.
    Yea Rogue vs another power mimic is an interesting contrast. Plus his ability works on machines (somehow).

I'm sad we didn't get any real interactions between the Externals and the Excalibur (outside of Rictor). There's a lot of unanswered questions there and their connections to mutants as a whole.

Selene would be neat too. Rogue beat Emplate at the mutant vampire game in Legacy but Marius is nowhere near as old as Selene.

Yelena as an adaptiod is kinda weird to me, but I guess I wouldn't mind. And yes Pandemic needs to come back.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

by Nico Bascuñán

by edricluffie

The pose is still ridiculous (I'm reminded of when Hawkeye was used as parody art to show why poses like this are dumb) but it's still very nicely drawn.
    Oh god, I know. I love Joe Mad but that cover was so ridiculous.

I really like that Bascuñán art, too. The sparing use of colors is really cool and I like that she looks fairly muscular
    Make Good Art

Absorbing Man

Titania

Moonstone

Lorelei

Ultra-Adaptoid

Southpaw

Gideon

Mountjoy

Trevor Fitzroy

Great list of potential foes, Rogue also took on Absorbing man in AOA, she ko'd him there too.

I just happened to see this video about Powerhouse, never heard of her before, but she sounds like an evil Rogue doppelganger.

She has superstrength, invulnerability, flight, energy absorption powers, and even has the white hair stripe. Also has energy blasts (and costume) similar to Ms Marvel.
    It would be cool to see Rogue take on someone who can match both her physical and absorption powers, and has ranged attacks as well, so she should be a formidable challenge.

by Nico Bascuñán

by edricluffie

Yea Rogue vs another power mimic is an interesting contrast. Plus his ability works on machines (somehow).

I'm sad we didn't get any real interactions between the Externals and the Excalibur (outside of Rictor). There's a lot of unanswered questions there and their connections to mutants as a whole.

Selene would be neat too. Rogue beat Emplate at the mutant vampire game in Legacy but Marius is nowhere near as old as Selene.

Yelena as an adaptiod is kinda weird to me, but I guess I wouldn't mind. And yes Pandemic needs to come back.
    I just loved Yelena as an Adaptoid... ��

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh god, I know. I love Joe Mad but that cover was so ridiculous.

I really like that Bascuñán art, too. The sparing use of colors is really cool and I like that she looks fairly muscular
    Totally. I'm glad we don't usually get weird anatomy covers as often, outside of variants.

Yes! Rogue's never really been depicted with a lot muscle usually but it can be fun when she breaks the mold of feminine beauty at times. To me she works best as a mixture of feminine and tomboy.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo
    Great list of potential foes, Rogue also took on Absorbing man in AOA, she ko'd him there too.

I just happened to see this video about Powerhouse, never heard of her before, but she sounds like an evil Rogue doppelganger.

She has superstrength, invulnerability, flight, energy absorption powers, and even has the white hair stripe. Also has energy blasts (and costume) similar to Ms Marvel.
    It would be cool to see Rogue take on someone who can match both her physical and absorption powers, and has ranged attacks as well, so she should be a formidable challenge.
    Totally missed his appearance in AoA. I'll have to check that one out and thanks!

And omg, she does lol. Flight, strength, an ability to drain the lifeforce of others to increase her power and she's a mutant too? She feels like a very direct inspiration. xD

She looks like a weird mismatch of Storm and Rogue here. inb4 it's revealed she's a chimera xd And yea, I think she would be great villain for Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz
    I just loved Yelena as an Adaptoid... ��
    To be fair, Lorelei is more left-field than Adaptoid Yelena, so she definitely could work as a Rogue antagonist. Yelena has a history as a spy and assassin, all it takes is someone dislike Rogue enough to put a hit on her to pull her into the story. which i'm really surprised more supervillains don't come after heroes for the same reason

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post

Powerhouse would be fun! Plus I'd love to see her more.

Powerhouse' costume also reminds me a bit of Ms Marvel's old one. a bit that's just a generic bathing suit with opera gloves look with more lightning bolts for some odd reason

It'd be so petty but if Powerhouse took the name Warbird or Ms Marvel code-name just to mess with Rogue would be entertaining lmao.

Spectacular Member

Yep totally for racist reasons...or maybe she is too similar to Rogue, one or the other lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Yep totally for racist reasons...or maybe she is too similar to Rogue, one or the other lol
    Why would you think she's a racist character? It's not a flattering thumbnail picture but she is drawn better in different comics and while it is a derivative design (elements of Storm, Ms Marvel and Rogue); as a villain it sort of makes sense. I actually like her design a bit, though would prefer her getting a more unique look for herself eventually.

Why would you think she's a racist character? It's not a flattering thumbnail picture but she is drawn better in different comics and while it is a derivative design (elements of Storm, Ms Marvel and Rogue); as a villain it sort of makes sense. I actually like her design a bit, though would prefer her getting a more unique look for herself eventually.
    I don't see the racist aspect of the character either, her features are certainly exaggerated in some of those pictures, but that's on the artist.

I think she needs to be used more, we could use more black females in comics, and she's clearly tailor-made to be a villain for Rogue.

A unique costume would help set her apart so she doesn't look so much like a knockoff, but I do like the long skunk striped hair.

I don't see the racist aspect of the character either, her features are certainly exaggerated in some of those pictures, but that's on the artist.

I think she needs to be used more, we could use more black females in comics, and she's clearly tailor-made to be a villain for Rogue.

A unique costume would help set her apart so she doesn't look so much like a knockoff, but I do like the long skunk striped hair.
    I don't know, maybe I'm missing something but I don't see it.

And yes, she looks like a cool character. I'd say she'd make a cool hero as well but she's a bit too similar for her to fit in completely I think. I think she would work best as a villain or anti-hero.

Oh no, I like the stripe too. For some reason she's giving me Lily Munster vibes with it. also she pulls it off way better than Eva Bell and Domino, who are shameless copycats D:<

I meant more the costume itself; it looks like a last minute cosplay costume lol. It needs some tweaks and the lightning motif doesn't make much sense with her powers.