Page 106 of 127 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1891
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think he's done great work, all things considered but...one's man's great is another's garbage,

If he hasn't written anything to your liking since his X-Men book started what makes you think he will write your one favourite character (whom he's not written at all) any better in a four issue LS?

It's the same with Excalibur's detractors...and Marauders...and X-Force (just about any X-book that many myself included have issues with)...If you didn't like the book/writer at issue one, and still hated the book/writer at issue ten and issue fifteen, what makes you think you will suddenly like the book/writer at the end of the run?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-21-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Just because people don't like Hickman, doesn't mean they don't want to like him or his work. I haven't cared for most of the X-Books since HoX/PoX (which I loved), so I know he can do some good work and him including Rogue in Inferno could have been a step into getting me interested in his work again.
    THIS.

We're stuck with this era and these writers if we want to read X-characters. If there was somewhere else to go and read them in continuity, I would be there already. I wish I liked Hickman and Tini better. I wish they made better efforts with the characters I want to read. I have dropped all the X-books at this point except X-Men, after multiple tries and disappointments. Before this era, I was reading many more X-books and enjoying them. Inferno was my last best hope to enjoy something from this era with Rogue in it, a story where she very much should be, and now I don't even want to read it. So that's where we're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I think he's done great work, all things considered but...one's man's great is another's garbage,

If he hasn't written anything to your liking since his X-Men book started what makes you think he will write your one favourite character (whom he's not written at all) any better in a four issue LS?

It's the same with Excalibur's detractors...and Marauders...and X-Force (just about any X-book that many myself included have issues with)...If you didn't like the book/writer at issue one, and still hated the book/writer at issue ten and issue fifteen, what makes you think you will suddenly like the book/writer at the end of the run?
    Anything and hate are two very strong and absolute words. I would say that few people here have expressed hate or a dislike of everything Hickman has done during this era. Often people can like and dislike different aspects of something. Also realising why they do so.

We don't have an example of Hickman's Rogue yet. So it doesnt' seem unreasonable for people to hold out hope that it can be good. The fact that he hasn't used her yet doesn't mean that he can't write her. It's not a good sign, for many reasons, but it's not in any way an absolute on if he can write a good Rogue.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    THIS.

We're stuck with this era and these writers if we want to read X-characters. If there was somewhere else to go and read them in continuity, I would be there already. I wish I liked Hickman and Tini better. I wish they made better efforts with the characters I want to read. I have dropped all the X-books at this point except X-Men, after multiple tries and disappointments. Before this era, I was reading many more X-books and enjoying them. Inferno was my last best hope to enjoy something from this era with Rogue in it, a story where she very much should be, and now I don't even want to read it. So that's where we're at.
    Yup, when you're limited in where you can read your favorite characters, finding out that they were cut from a book, whether from a writer you like or not (and, again, I have liked Hickman's stuff in the past, so I don't see why it's so crazy of a concept that I might like more of his stuff in the future), is super disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Anything and hate are two very strong and absolute words. I would say that few people here have expressed hate or a dislike of everything Hickman has done during this era. Often people can like and dislike different aspects of something. Also realising why they do so.

We don't have an example of Hickman's Rogue yet. So it doesnt' seem unreasonable for people to hold out hope that it can be good. The fact that he hasn't used her yet doesn't mean that he can't write her. It's not a good sign, for many reasons, but it's not in any way an absolute on if he can write a good Rogue.
    Exactly. Obviously, I'm not alone in hating Austen's run on the X-Men, but when I found out he introduced Gambit to the Ultimate universe, I decided to check it out bc I care about the character and lo and behold, I really enjoyed it.
    Make Good Art

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rogue getting in that first shot on the HE was delicious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Rogue getting in that first shot on the HE was delicious.
    Long overdue he got his ass beat!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ooook Where is this from and Why don't i have it?

Also did anyone see this

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...ue-series.html

It reads legit, i could be wrong but I'm geeked if so

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Ooook Where is this from and Why don't i have it?
    I believe it's X-Men Gold (oddly enough Guggenheim's Rogue wasn't that bad)

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I believe it's X-Men Gold (oddly enough Guggenheim's Rogue wasn't that bad)
    Thank you. I think I stop collecting gold at one point. Well its time to dig around to see where I left off

Thank you. I think I stop collecting gold at one point. Well its time to dig around to see where I left off
    Rogue joined Gold in issue 23 and left after the wedding

Also did anyone see this

Holy smokes! Yes please!

Also did anyone see this

I so hope this is true!

I also so hope they do NOT bring Paquin back!
    Nothing against her, but she just doesn't look like Rogue to me, plus I want a complete break from the Fox x-men films, everyone should be new.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I so hope this is true!

I also so hope they do NOT bring Paquin back!
    Nothing against her, but she just doesn't look like Rogue to me, plus I want a complete break from the Fox x-men films, everyone should be new.
    Sadly I agree. It's time to move on from Fox and lets hope they find a real good actress that can nail down the sassy brawling southern gal we all know and love.