Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
The X-Men redesign thread got me thinking about Rogue in different color schemes and now I want it so bad. Maroon or hot pink would look so good. ;_:

Original Concept by Luke Werner

by Peter Nguyen

I'm surprised none of the X-Women really ever wear pink, outside of Betsy during the Outback and Rogue briefly with the Shi'Ar Miners Outfit. I know these are Claremazons and everything but nothing wrong with a pink palette. Too many X-Women dip into the green color scheme as it is (Polaris, Jean, Rogue, Siryn, Meggan) while orange and pink are nowhere to be found rip.
I have always really loved Rogue in red when she does street clothes, so I'd be up for a change. I like the Lukas Werneck design in both his original green and this crimson version. Or, since they can dredge up old costumes, a rework of the X-Treme costume could be interesting. And I have a strange fondness for the Shi'ar mining costume, even if Rogue doesn't strike me as a "pink" kind of gal.

I agree the green gals need some visual dissemination though. Jean could easily move into one of her non-green costume choices, but Polaris is generally just in all green. I actually love Rogue's 90's get up when the yellow is toned down to a softer light butter (not bright dandelion) and the green is very emerald dark. But a huge no thanks on that orange poncho. Woof.

And I actually prefer Gambit in all black. He's a thief! Even if he won't be in X-Men (which I'm still pitifully hoping for at this point). So no worries about a clash then either.