Page 9 of 127 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Rogue had to work her power control issues rather than born without them.

She is not a Omega de facto- but is a Omega for her work in getting her power in control.

Hope the "Rogue power control thing is not ret-ret-ret-ret-conned again for the 12 time"
    I agree w/Rogue Working hard to control her powers. I'm ok with Rogue being an Alpha mutant. They are just more bad a$$ and can be more flexible to use in stories

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I agree w/Rogue Working hard to control her powers. I'm ok with Rogue being an Alpha mutant. They are just more bad a$$ and can be more flexible to use in stories
    Yeah! I mean if she get touchy she can beat all Krakoa if she Want too.

I Mean who is stopping some evil Mutant to try take over Roguey Mind and permabsorb all Krakoa in her? She kinda Hope now

[QUOTE=ChronoRogue;5337434]Ahh you gotta point there. Can't believe I forgot about Carol. Hmm it may be that because Cody was fully human, his mind was more delicate? I'm not sure tbh, it should've been something a writer addressed at one point.

Meh don't worry. I forget carol all the time. Its sad I will HAVE to watch a movie of hers just to see Rogue introduced to the MCU if that happens. Ugh just the thought. In all honesty as MUCH as the telepaths muck around in human minds I'm sure they could have helped Cody. I mean if they can shut your mind down or mind control you then I'm sure they can re wire your brain to wake your butt up from a coma. They just need Rogue there to help with the missing pieces and a little mental coercing to help heal the mind. Then again its never that easy lol

Well the flyng brick Rogue isnt potrayed since TAS.

But is kinda bad the thing that happen between them. Maybe a version where Rogue acts a primary antagonist and then join the final battle against the villian and ask Carol Forgiveness and they are in good terms.

Yeah! I mean if she get touchy she can beat all Krakoa if she Want too.

I Mean who is stopping some evil Mutant to try take over Roguey Mind and permabsorb all Krakoa in her? She kinda Hope now
    THAT's the thing i don't get. Why is Hope being compared to Rogue? If anything Hope should be compared to Mimic or Synch. I get the similarities but Rogue absorption is a completely different animal. Rogue absorbs your very being. In essence she IS you, not a copy or mimicry. I think I just confused myself but does anyone else understand what I'm trying to say? lol On a side note, why doesn't some writers acknowledge the fact that when Rogue absorbs you that she has an understanding of their power. She absorbs psyches as well and I'm sure there's a guide in the person's brain on how their power work.

Well the flyng brick Rogue isnt potrayed since TAS.

But is kinda bad the thing that happen between them. Maybe a version where Rogue acts a primary antagonist and then join the final battle against the villian and ask Carol Forgiveness and they are in good terms.
    OK NO. I'm ok with being by myself on this one but WHY should Rogue ask for forgiveness?

How much control does everyone think Rogue has currently? Post flower coffin (eye roll) she seems "magically" more in control again, even though it's still completely unclear why Krakoa was messing with her control prior to that . 16 issues later ... and we wouldn't even know that's a thing (Krakoa) if Tini hadn't mentioned it offhandedly in an interview.

I kind of like the notion of her borrowing powers on occasion if the situation warrants it, especially with close friends and partners. It being an imperfect process makes it risky and requires an element of trust between then. But I'm guessing she can't easily parse out pyches and powers anymore? Or can she? Is the ranged absorption just gone? If so, why? Again, 16 issues and no answers. Not even a hint really.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

THAT's the thing i don't get. Why is Hope being compared to Rogue? If anything Hope should be compared to Mimic or Synch. I get the similarities but Rogue absorption is a completely different animal. Rogue absorbs your very being. In essence she IS you, not a copy or mimicry. I think I just confused myself but does anyone else understand what I'm trying to say? lol On a side note, why doesn't some writers acknowledge the fact that when Rogue absorbs you that she has an understanding of their power. She absorbs psyches as well and I'm sure there's a guide in the person's brain on how their power work.
    I agree.
    As powersets go...Rogue's is very much unique. There are other elementals, psis, metal manipulators, speedsters, teleporters but Rogue is quite singular, which I've always loved.

It has been acknowledged. It doesn't have to be acknowledged every time she absorbs a power plus, it would be dependent on the type of power she took. A writer doesn't have to go into deep explanation on how Colossus' power works, or Juggernaut's, or Nightcrawler.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree.
    As powersets go...Rogue's is very much unique. There are other elementals, psis, metal manipulators, speedsters, teleporters but Rogue is quite singular, which I've always loved.

It has been acknowledged. It doesn't have to be acknowledged every time she absorbs a power plus, it would be dependent on the type of power she took. A writer doesn't have to go into deep explanation on how Colossus' power works, or Juggernaut's, or Nightcrawler.
    I get that, She and Sam were talking about it in legacy. For example, that time in UA when Rogue absorbed some of SW powers. She didn't know use them. SW stating that Rogue lack imagination. I can see that she is not ATTUNED to magic like SW but a lack of imagination is a stretch for me but whatever. I'm sure there were others in the past, I'll try looking around. I know there were some times she borrowed/stole some powers and she didn't know how to use/handle them. Then again Rogue hasn't absorbed anyone who uses magic before so I get why she couldn't use it properly. Curiouser and Curiouser

I get that, She and Sam were talking about it in legacy. For example, that time in UA when Rogue absorbed some of SW powers. She didn't know use them. SW stating that Rogue lack imagination. I can see that she is not ATTUNED to magic like SW but a lack of imagination is a stretch for me but whatever. I'm sure there were others in the past, I'll try looking around. I know there were some times she borrowed/stole some powers and she didn't know how to use/handle them. Then again Rogue hasn't absorbed anyone who uses magic before so I get why she couldn't use it properly. Curiouser and Curiouser
    Or maybe it was just Remender who made sure Wanda was "the best" all along

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I seem to recall recently she burrowed Scott's Optic Blast and was able to very proficiently use them just as well as he can despite not having his experience.
    Same when she absorbed Storm's powers in Rogue: Public Enemy. It took only a little while for Rogue get the hang of how Storm is able to control the weather the way she does.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

That's not quite true. During the Fall of the Mutants, Rogue was able to absorb the magical power of the Adversary and use it to open a portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I seem to recall recently she burrowed Scott's Optic Blast and was able to very proficiently use them just as well as he can despite not having his experience.
    Same when she absorbed Storm's powers in Rogue: Public Enemy. It took only a little while for Rogue get the hang of how Storm is able to control the weather the way she does.
    Are you talking about the Supernovas arc and the issue where she borrows Scott and Emma's powers and combines them in a rather ingenious way ?

It also seems to me that she had a great ability to creatively use the powers of the New X-Men in Fraction's run

The upcoming Women of Marvel special will feature a story about Rogue and Mystique, written by Natasha Alterici.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The upcoming Women of Marvel special will feature a story about Rogue and Mystique, written by Natasha Alterici.
    That's great !