Page 56 of 127 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Guys.

If the best idea of Tini have continued? Rogue will be more interesting or less interesting?

Roguepoccy was a good idea poorly executed.

How would y’all have felt if Rogue got to keep those apocalypse powers, blue skin and all? Would you have considered that character growth?

It might have been an interesting to see her with Apoc powers for a few issues, but it's not something I'd like to see last any longer than that.

Rogue is awesome as is, a great looking character with a cool powerset that fits her perfectly, I see no reason to change her.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Guys.

If the best idea of Tini have continued? Rogue will be more interesting or less interesting?

Roguepoccy was a good idea poorly executed.
    There were a couple of threads they could of played with but I don't really like Apocalypse's visuals as far as powersets go. Reminds me of Roguecrawler in a bad way.

If we're talking power-sets the main missed opportunity was Genis-Vell Rogue. That's more my style, she looked so cool in HoM.

The silvery blue aura compliments her white streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter
    How would y’all have felt if Rogue got to keep those apocalypse powers, blue skin and all? Would you have considered that character growth?
    I think she's already pretty powerful as it is and I wouldn't consider it character growth exactly but I would have been interested in seeing how the council might have reacted if she kept those abilities permanently. It would have been a very hard to ignore reminder she killed one of the Council and violated a Krakoan law which could have opened up story possibilities. It's what I was hoping Tini was going for when I first read the issue but was quickly disappointed in the following issues...

I mean look at Shaw, he's been continuously tortured in Marauders since killing Kitty lol. Plus Apocalypse in Rogue's head or being in his debt post-revival would have made more sense than Rogue willingly going with any of his very obvious manipulative plans in Excalibur.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-03-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Mighty Member

While I thought it was great for the time it lasted. I was always disappointed that No Surrender was the only time where we got "Leader of all the Avengers" Rogue. The whole arc through Uncanny to No Surrender really felt like a culmination where I went "Her, that's who the Leader of the Avengers should be!"

I dunno, it's just, the completely divorcing her from the X-men for a while really highlighted how good Rogue just works in any scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    While I thought it was great for the time it lasted. I was always disappointed that No Surrender was the only time where we got "Leader of all the Avengers" Rogue. The whole arc through Uncanny to No Surrender really felt like a culmination where I went "Her, that's who the Leader of the Avengers should be!"

I dunno, it's just, the completely divorcing her from the X-men for a while really highlighted how good Rogue just works in any scenario.
    OMG same. I loved the No Surrender event, even if Rogue was a bit insecure in her leadership and I think butted heads with Roberto a bit too much. But you could tell Quicksilver was getting on her nerves the entire event.

Actually was Rogue the main leader of the event? Roberto didn't do as much and Falcon was kinda just... there lol.

I feel like Excalibur was extra disappointing just because of how good her Avengers run was. Then again, maybe it was good for her to jump ship. Aaron's stuff is really not good.

Unrelated but reminder the Rogue: Untouched novel is out! I just got my copy digitally though I probably won't read it till tomorrow.

So rereading excalubur after acana and really taking in the story i don't know why i never noticed Rogue literally birthed the gate to avalon. Rogue was touching the gate as besty destroyed it and took that energy into herself and the vines from the gate wrapped around her so basically she was a dormant avalon gate while it was repairing itself.

Oh snap she was also the apex conduit in the realm she went to solidifying the era of mutant magic. Low key Rogue did a lot in this book looking back or rather due to her powers she was used to complete the curcuit necessary by bringing that krakoan energy morgana was worried about and saving the avalon gate via holding on to it's energy.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-04-2021 at 04:30 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    There were a couple of threads they could of played with but I don't really like Apocalypse's visuals as far as powersets go. Reminds me of Roguecrawler in a bad way.

If we're talking power-sets the main missed opportunity was Genis-Vell Rogue. That's more my style, she looked so cool in HoM.

The silvery blue aura compliments her white streak.

I think she's already pretty powerful as it is and I wouldn't consider it character growth exactly but I would have been interested in seeing how the council might have reacted if she kept those abilities permanently. It would have been a very hard to ignore reminder she killed one of the Council and violated a Krakoan law which could have opened up story possibilities. It's what I was hoping Tini was going for when I first read the issue but was quickly disappointed in the following issues...

I mean look at Shaw, he's been continuously tortured in Marauders since killing Kitty lol. Plus Apocalypse in Rogue's head or being in his debt post-revival would have made more sense than Rogue willingly going with any of his very obvious manipulative plans in Excalibur.
    The one time I wanted Bendis to have his plans come to fruition... He wanted Rogue to keep Genis' powers.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post

Agreed 100%

Rogue's such a versatile character, she could fit in with most superhero teams

I love this moment in Heroic Age where Steve comments on the qualities of some heroes and thinks Rogue would make a great leader even if he doesn't know her much at the time

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    The one time I wanted Bendis to have his plans come to fruition... He wanted Rogue to keep Genis' powers.
    Yep! Cosmic-powered Rogue would've been fun and also kept her as a contrast to Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis
    I love this moment in Heroic Age where Steve comments on the qualities of some heroes and thinks Rogue would make a great leader even if he doesn't know her much at the time
    I think I remember that. Is this the same comment about her leading the Thunderbolts?

Anyway I'm about 50% of the way through Rogue: Untouched novel, giving my early impressions (with spoilers) with things that caught my attention with the book so far so read at your own risk!

spoilers:
    First up, unlike the Academy X book featuring Anole, this book is very much an AU. There are some changes to canon which probably I should have noticed sooner by the summery.

It's pretty light on the action so far but I do think Kwitney has got Rogue's voice down. A bit this an inexperienced Rogue that gets approached by Mystique much later than in the comics.

Rogue's around 20 when it starts off. She's working as waitress and has dreams about moving away and getting a decent job. Clear interest in psychology but her mechanic skills are mentioned, as well as adaptability as a strength.

The author knows her history or read Rogue's solo series, Aunt Carrie makes an appearance and the hippie cult her mom was apart of is referenced several times. also blindspot omg Her religious upbringing also slightly plays into her beliefs but it's acknowledged Rogue herself isn't totally a believer.

Cody is African-American and does not stay in a coma for as long as the comics. He's also a deputy officer in the town Rogue lives in.

It's commented that her powers work stronger on humans since there is no powers to "distract" them in the process of absorption. I'm not sure if it's because her powers are slightly more subtle or if Rogue's powers of denial are so strong, but she doesn't know she's even a mutant at first despite her age. Her first kiss is actually someone named Lenny? I wonder if that's someone important that I'm forgetting.

Gambit is very chill, which I'm surprised about. I sort of like how mysterious he is but I do wish he was a bit more... flamboyant? His charm is mentioned but it's more subtle in this story. Then again, for the first half of the story he's basically recovering from a beating and he does end up getting Rogue caught up in some of his drama.

Various X-Men cameos but I won't name them all. Anyway, it's enjoyable so far, but I do wish there was a bit more action. The pacing is a bit off too, it feels both slow and fast at the same time? Kinda weird but it feels like a lot happens at once with periods of nothing happening for several chapters, I wish it was a bit more consistent there. Also not enough Destiny and Mystique but maybe we'll get more later.

Anyway I would recommend the novel for people who like base-power or evolution-like street smart Rogue. Not so much, cocky and confident super-strong Rogue lol. That's probably gonna take awhile to get to.
    end of spoilers

Yes, there is so much "untapped potential"---pardon the pun----with Rogue. I hope we get to see some new powers/power usage this year, as well as personality and friendships.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

^ Agreed. Hopefully Duggan uses her absorption more than he did in UA.

Finished the new Rogue novel. Again some spoiler-y thoughts

spoilers:
    The latter half of the book did indeed have more action. Rogue has some smart uses of her abilities, really reminds me of how Carey would find creative ways to get enemies to drop their guard. It's not as inventive as the iconic, beams through diamonds scene, but enough to where you wonder why Rogue hardly uses hers like this in the 616.

In terms of characterization, Rogue sounds like herself. I do wish there's been a little more sass but considering a lot of the plot focuses on mutant trafficking, not exactly appropriate for the situation.

I'm mixed on Candra being the main villain for the book. On the one hand, she's showed up consistently as an enemy to both Rogue and Gambit. On the other that also works against her, since I wanted to see Rogue go against someone new. I think Selene could've easily filled the same role, while being a bit more refreshing. But... yea, Candra does have the stronger connection the guild so maybe this was the right choice. I don't know, thus the mixed feelings. xD

The supporting cast was probably a bit too large to introduce into a new book. Mystique, Destiny, Spiral, Blob, Pyro, Blindspot, Nature Girl, Zeitgeist, and whoever Lylod and Tessa are. The writer does an admirable effort, but I think it would've been more effective to kept a tighter focus and develop Rogue, Gambit, Mystique and Destiny more. Leave the introduction of some of this cast for a sequel, which by the way, this book is totally setting up for that.

I do like that they are portraying Raven as an Xavier-like figure here. She has a bit of a edge but she seems more down to earth and less cruel. I guess we'll see if that changes next book. Also no introduction to the X-Men yet, I am curious to see how this version of the Sisterhood or Brotherhood will interact with them.

All in all, a good read. Not the best, as I had some problems with pacing and focus, but I think worth the money. I give it a solid 7.5 out of 10.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-04-2021 at 02:30 PM.

https://twitter.com/thexwifepodcast/...11162079297541

It'd be interesting to see Kwannon and Rogue on the same team. I know she's a mother but shouldn't she technically be a student?

https://twitter.com/WaywardCrossArt/...95286996680707

And a podcast with Kwitney, the author of Rogue: Untouched.
    https://twitter.com/XisforPodcast/st...80135865507840

Hey Chrono I read some of the stuff you written in the CM2 movie thread about those Rogue Rumors and how they should introduce Rogue when it came to Carol. I wanted to get your thoughts on something. I see a lot of people wanted Rogue to appear in CM2 which wouldn't make sense b/c Carol is already CM. Would it be better for marvel to make a CM prequal to do Rogue introduction justice? Or just keep it to Flashbacks? I've heard/read that after Marvel acquired their franchises (X-Men & F4) rights back that they weren't going to rehash the whole who these characters are and how they came to be, but just introduce them to the MCU and fit them in somehow.

Although I personally would prefer them to introduce Rogue w/the current power set she has now and go from there but that's me. Everyone nowadays should have a friend/relative (or Google lol) that can drop knowledge on current events or starting points concerning the X-Men & F4.