Page 92 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Well yes and no, that uniform works very well but the color combination for god no, what really makes the uniform good is the jacket, most of their other uniforms are better, and if you add that jacket you only improve them and they would look the same or even better than the one from the 90's.

As I said it is too simple a uniform.
    what makes it so good is the jacket my only problem with that uniform is the horrible combination of colors, green and yellow don't match.

That uniform would work better if it was green with black, or better yet green and black and white, plus the jacket, it would be a 100% improvement.

The Yellow and green look great together. You can find plenty of sports teams with that combo as well, so it's a popular color scheme.

And the simplicity of the uniform is another part of what makes it great, just the form fitting tights, jacket and belt.
    It looks so much better than many of her other uniforms that have all of the extra nonsensical items like the hood, tunic, and especially the scarf (I hated that thing)

Romy moment in X-men2

Beautiful moment and art.
    But I still don't understand why in casual clothes Rogue is wearing gloves here and she's so covered lol.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-30-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    The Yellow and green look great together. You can find plenty of sports teams with that combo as well, so it's a popular color scheme.

And the simplicity of the uniform is another part of what makes it great, just the form fitting tights, jacket and belt.
    It looks so much better than many of her other uniforms that have all of the extra nonsensical items like the hood, tunic, and especially the scarf (I hated that thing)

Well sbo depends on personal tastes, personally I would prefer that uniform in another less garish color scheme.

But I love her jacket I have always said so.

I love seeing Rogue in a chunky oversized alma mater sweatshirt. Its adorable.

I STILL miss the days of yore when Rogue's platinum hair was less bangs and more swept back length (the skunk, as it were).

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I STILL miss the days of yore when Rogue's platinum hair was less bangs and more swept back length (the skunk, as it were).
    Same... too bad they went the movie route with her hair. I miss the uni-stripe.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Yeah I do love how she’s essentially trademarked the loose hoodie top over a full body suit look since the 80’s. It looks fresh even to this day.

I do wonder if Rogue and Black Cat have ever interacted beforehand? I know she probably dislikes Rhino cause he’s a bad guy and probably doesn’t care about The Thing at all hence her angered reaction.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

All-New Member

I’d be very content never seeing the Jim Lee costume ever again, I do dig the jacket for a civilian look as it’s kind of a callback to Carol.

My faves:
    Uncanny Avengers (well her first costume, esp when Olivier Coipel drew it)
    Bachalo late 90s original costume homage
    Outback Green/Black

Green was always the color of a villain and with Rogue as a codename, that makes sense; as does the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdarkholme View Post
    I’d be very content never seeing the Jim Lee costume ever again, I do dig the jacket for a civilian look as it’s kind of a callback to Carol.

My faves:
    Uncanny Avengers (well her first costume, esp when Olivier Coipel drew it)
    Bachalo late 90s original costume homage
    Outback Green/Black

Green was always the color of a villain and with Rogue as a codename, that makes sense; as does the hood.
    Yes I agree, Green is Rogue's color, with the current uniform the only thing that strikes me are those two colors together that do not combine at all x_x lol

I also like their hooded uniforms as long as it is well drawn, that is, the hood should be wide and loose.

We need a new uniform for her, but I would like you to keep her jacket.

A curious note. the few versions we have of Rogue in the future I would like to be addressed in some future story. The funny thing is that all the views of her that we have in the future have something in common, she has lived many centuries, all current x-men are dead (or most, maybe Wolverine or Laura are still around) and Rogue is still with her youthful appearance.

I only see two possible options.

1) One of her absorption powers, the absorption of vital energy, will keep her young and with a life without expiration in normal terms. This I think is the most obvious option, the absorption of vital energy yes or yes should have effects of immortality and youth in the long term.

2) In all future versions she has full control of her powers as well as multiple additional powers, for which she already has her power fully developed and can channel powers absorbed in the past, including the healing and immortality powers that she has accumulated to Over time, she has already touched various gods so I wouldn't be surprised by that.

Although I continue to bet that her eternal youth is more due to an effect of the taking of vital energy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Eventhough I absolutely loathe the Jim Lee costume I can understand why Duggan will have her wear it as Jean is already in her all-green dress and Polaris is the Queen of Green. Having your three main female characters wear the same colour is visually...tacky. (All the more reason to redesign Jean's costume using a different colour palette)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Rogue and her powers make her virtually immortal, at least she cannot die of old age.

In an alternate future view, about 50 years in the future or so, we see the X-Men already old and out of shape, I know that is not a very long period of time But they were ALL very old, directly Storm did not have a body anymore physical lol, and Rogue How it is seen in the images did not age a single day, something that has surprised his companions.

She mentions that she has total control of her powers, she can probably re-channel her powers and that is why her youth is due.
    Although I believe that it is something else, one of her mutant powers is the taking of vital energy, the constant taking of vital energy must have that non-aging effect.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-31-2021 at 07:30 PM.

E7XJ_61WEAMLTWe.jpg
    A bit of Rogue love by co-creator Michael Golden
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Rogue and her powers make her virtually immortal, at least she cannot die of old age.

In an alternate future view, about 50 years in the future or so, we see the X-Men already old and out of shape, I know that is not a very long period of time But they were ALL very old, directly Storm did not have a body anymore physical lol, and Rogue How it is seen in the images did not age a single day, something that has surprised his companions.

*pics*

She mentions that she has total control of her powers, she can probably re-channel her powers and that is why her youth is due.
    Although I believe that it is something else, one of her mutant powers is the taking of vital energy, the constant taking of vital energy must have that non-aging effect.
    One problem with using that scene as proof of anything is that it's not really an "alternate future" (as in officialy existing anywhere in the multiverse or being a potential outcome of the 616 universe at the time of the storyline it was shown in), but an illusion which Apocalypse created to trick the X-men into using their powers.

Which means it's all fake and any information from it should be taken with a massive grain of salt, because it could either be lies by Apocalypse or simply speculation of the tricked X-men into thinking that this is where their powers will develop towards.

Little history lesson.

During Claremonts run on the X-men there was a long lasting mystery about a group of mutants called The Twelve, who were supposed to be a big deal and for a long time several characters got suggested to be part of this fabled group.

In 2000 Alan Davis as writer of the X-men books at the time decided to pick this mystery up and use it for a crossover called "Apocalypse: The Twelve".
    Where it was revealed, that it was all just a longterm plot by Apocalypse to become a god. By trapping 12 specific mutants into a machine and then use The Living Monolith to transfer all their powers into himself while using the body of Nate Grey.

The Twelve in this case were revealed to be: Magneto, Polaris, Storm, Iceman, Sunfire, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Cable, Xavier, Bishop and Mikhail Rasputin.

In the end Cyclops prevents Apocalypse plan by taking Nate's place and become the host of Apocalypse.

This then leads into another storyline named "Ages of Apocalypse", where the blue clown himself wants to finish his transformation by (as mentioned above) trapping the X-men into a series of illusions so he can trick them into using their powers and absorb their energies.

The fake worlds in question were:
    The events of the first X-men comic are repeated with current characters (Gambit as Cyclops stand in and Storm in place of Angel). An ancient egypt setting but Cable and other modern characters are there. Wolverine, Spiderman, Ghost Rider and Hulk as Fanastic Four. The X-men fighting the Shi'ar empire on a moon in a nearby future. The X-men in a distant future (where that scene is from). Each of them end with the heros realising or being shown by Cyclops that these worlds are fake.

PS:
    I had wished to never see these pages again.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-01-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Context is Queen.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    One problem with using that scene as proof of anything is that it's not really an "alternate future" (as in officialy existing anywhere in the multiverse or being a potential outcome of the 616 universe at the time of the storyline it was shown in), but an illusion which Apocalypse created to trick the X-men into using their powers.

Which means it's all fake and any information from it should be taken with a massive grain of salt, because it could either be lies by Apocalypse or simply speculation of the tricked X-men into thinking that this is where their powers will develop towards.

Little history lesson.

During Claremonts run on the X-men there was a long lasting mystery about a group of mutants called The Twelve, who were supposed to be a big deal and for a long time several characters got suggested to be part of this fabled group.

In 2000 Alan Davis as writer of the X-men books at the time decided to pick this mystery up and use it for a crossover called "Apocalypse: The Twelve".
    Where it was revealed, that it was all just a longterm plot by Apocalypse to become a god. By trapping 12 specific mutants into a machine and then use The Living Monolith to transfer all their powers into himself while using the body of Nate Grey.

The Twelve in this case were revealed to be: Magneto, Polaris, Storm, Iceman, Sunfire, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Cable, Xavier, Bishop and Mikhail Rasputin.

In the end Cyclops prevents Apocalypse plan by taking Nate's place and become the host of Apocalypse.

This then leads into another storyline named "Ages of Apocalypse", where the blue clown himself wants to finish his transformation by (as mentioned above) trapping the X-men into a series of illusions so he can trick them into using their powers and absorb their energies.

The fake worlds in question were:
    The events of the first X-men comic are repeated with current characters (Gambit as Cyclops stand in and Storm in place of Angel). An ancient egypt setting but Cable and other modern characters are there. Wolverine, Spiderman, Ghost Rider and Hulk as Fanastic Four. The X-men fighting the Shi'ar empire on a moon in a nearby future. The X-men in a distant future (where that scene is from). Each of them end with the heros realising or being shown by Cyclops that these worlds are fake.

PS:
    I had wished to never see these pages again.

Yes, I know that this specific case was some kind of "" "illusion" "" "created by Apo, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't entirely wrong regarding the normal progression of the characters and their powers.For example this "" "illusion" showed a Rogue with total control of her powers, and with a young appearance when the rest of her companions are already old, and in canon we already see her powers have control, and there are a couple of versions of Rogue They start from the 616 universe, and Rogue actually completely stopped aging, and those two versions are not an illusion.

As I said there are at least two irrefutable facts of Rogue 616 and its versions in the future after hundreds of years and she has full control of her powers, possesses multiple powers, and they imply she has the recanalization of past powers, and what else I find it interesting is that he is still young in appearance (which my theory is due to one of his powers of absorption of vital energy) and apparently for obvious reasons the other x-men are already dead.

I personally liked the story of the 12.