Page 120 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Pretty sure the only "character work/development" we've gotten for her in these issues is arguing w/ Gambit.

I think Duggan isn't the writer for the leading X-title.Rogue's just one of the many things he's messed up IMO.

And hell YES, THAT is the only """development""" that Rogue has had here, the rest a generic wallpaper, heck even SHe was Betsy's animator in Excalibur Rogue had enough moments to shine in action, romantic scenes with Remy and she looked like what She is powerful and the powerhouse of the group, and she never felt in Excalibur as a wallpaper, yes sometimes it was a bit lol that forced Tini both the approach of Rogue and Betsy friendship but at least Rogue was important.

When you miss Rogue in hers time in Excalibur you can draw the conclusion of how disappointing her performance is and I treat her in this horrible solo by Jean (Zzz yawning) Gray.

And how ChronoRogue said if Duggan could handle everyone on the team well (how can CLAREMONT do it among others) it would be fine, but no, Duggan always chooses an absolute protagonist and a co-protagonist the others are simple filler, that's how it was in Uncanny Avengers, in Marauders and so we are seeing it again in X-men

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I want to give Duggan the benefit for the doubt which I can't in actual honesty because of how Marauders ended up being, but even if he is just waiting for an issue to focus on her, I think he could have managed sub-plots better in terms of pacing. There's no reason to have people be frustrated regarding a characters role in a book, if you pace things well and give them a role that is more than fluff.

Claremont is a master of this, he'd take months to get back to character or situation but it was rare for a character to feel superfluous in his run(s) because he was good about giving every characters their "moments". I think this is something writers like Duggan and Howard struggle with. You could argue this is a line wide problem with modern comic books due to the limited time they have on books, but there are clearly writers that are able to manage this better than others (Wells, Ayala) and those who cannot (Duggan, Howard).

Anyway, I'm not at the point yet where I want Rogue out this book but sadly I'm really not enjoying his use of her. Even just as muscle wallpaper, she's not really been that entertaining.
    This is exactly how I feel about X-Men. Exactly.

Since Krakoa started, certain characters have gotten extensive usage (Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto, Emma) in multiple books. I honestly don't want to hear much more from those characters, even if we're operating under the premise that this team is Scott and Jean's brainchild. Lorna actually was very well utilized in X-Factor. Leah did a great job at making sure every member of her team had importance and impact, issue to issue. Laura and Rogue have both had fairly poor usage this era and Synch and Shiro have been almost absent. These four all need more panel time and we need to know more about their motivations. Most readers will have made their mind up about a book within 3-5 issues, with 5 being a typical trade length for a full story arc. Giving Jean basically a solo in issue #4 seems like a total momentum killer. On a team book, that felt like a really poor choice. I'm not digging the villain of the week format either. Certainly he has seeded quite a few antagonists - I'd rather we were focusing on one or three of those. Wasn't it two issues ago now that Jean stated they may need to split the team up? So that expectation has been set for the reader for literal months, yet here we are. This might work for a book coming out every 2 weeks, but for a monthly release this pacing is highly unsatisfying.

Much as I love Rogue as a flying brick, there is so much more to her and we really haven't seen that. Nor is my hope high that we will.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    This is exactly how I feel about X-Men. Exactly.

Since Krakoa started, certain characters have gotten extensive usage (Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto, Emma) in multiple books. I honestly don't want to hear much more from those characters, even if we're operating under the premise that this team is Scott and Jean's brainchild. Lorna actually was very well utilized in X-Factor. Leah did a great job at making sure every member of her team had importance and impact, issue to issue. Laura and Rogue have both had fairly poor usage this era and Synch and Shiro have been almost absent. These four all need more panel time and we need to know more about their motivations. Most readers will have made their mind up about a book within 3-5 issues, with 5 being a typical trade length for a full story arc. Giving Jean basically a solo in issue #4 seems like a total momentum killer. On a team book, that felt like a really poor choice. I'm not digging the villain of the week format either. Certainly he has seeded quite a few antagonists - I'd rather we were focusing on one or three of those. Wasn't it two issues ago now that Jean stated they may need to split the team up? So that expectation has been set for the reader for literal months, yet here we are. This might work for a book coming out every 2 weeks, but for a monthly release this pacing is highly unsatisfying.

Much as I love Rogue as a flying brick, there is so much more to her and we really haven't seen that. Nor is my hope high that we will.
    Definitely. In some ways, I get the Jean love, she was dead and removed for decades, but spiritually her ghost was always present in x-mythos through her numerous legecy characters (Rachel, Hope, etc...) or through the ramifications of the character in others relationships (Wolverine & Cyclops, Cyclops & Emma, etc...). Add in her exposure with the Krakoa era and I'm just burn out on the character.

Agreed on the underutilization of several characters, I was hoping this series would do more for Sunfire in particular. He's badly needed development and a new direction for years and I'm still wondering why exactly he's on this team. His POV should be one of the most interesting, as a nationalistic superhero who seems like he'd be entirely against the very idea of Krakoa, but that hasn't been explored very much at all.

I think villains are pretty important to a series but with the limited time of this team I don't like how Duggan seems to be rushing through the set up of various villians. Perhaps its threads he'll continue as the team rotates but it still feels busy. I'd prefer quality over quantity in this case, as we've gotten a bunch of new villains introduced every other week but none outside of Orchis or Hordeculture (which is more of joke than real villains) get used more than once. Still waiting for the Children of the Vault...

But yeah, I'm hella biased as a Rogue fan and am partially disgruntled because of the lack of focus, but the series has clear problems outside of that as you note.

On the other side of the table, I am so excited for the revival of the 97' series! I wish I could see more fun discussion and content for it but sadly I'm seeing a lot of negativity surrounding the series already. People not liking how outspoken the creative team is and that they are 'woke', meanwhile I'm here just trying to vibe that Zann will voice Rogue again. ;_;

Anyway some nice Rogue art.

by CarverRay

a bit of broken back syndrome but I'll allow it this once for the 97 excitement
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 11-29-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Definitely. In some ways, I get the Jean love, she was dead and removed for decades, but spiritually her ghost was always present in x-mythos through her numerous legecy characters (Rachel, Hope, etc...) or through the ramifications of the character in others relationships (Wolverine & Cyclops, Cyclops & Emma, etc...). Add in her exposure with the Krakoa era and I'm just burn out on the character.

Agreed on the underutilization of several characters, I was hoping this series would do more for Sunfire in particular. He's badly needed development and a new direction for years and I'm still wondering why exactly he's on this team. His POV should be one of the most interesting, as a nationalistic superhero who seems like he'd be entirely against the very idea of Krakoa, but that hasn't been explored very much at all.

I think villains are pretty important to a series but with the limited time of this team I don't like how Duggan seems to be rushing through the set up of various villians. Perhaps its threads he'll continue as the team rotates but it still feels busy. I'd prefer quality over quantity in this case, as we've gotten a bunch of new villains introduced every other week but none outside of Orchis or Hordeculture (which is more of joke than real villains) get used more than once. Still waiting for the Children of the Vault...

But yeah, I'm hella biased as a Rogue fan and am partially disgruntled because of the lack of focus, but the series has clear problems outside of that as you note.

On the other side of the table, I am so excited for the revival of the 97' series! I wish I could see more fun discussion and content for it but sadly I'm seeing a lot of negativity surrounding the series already. People not liking how outspoken the creative team is and that they are 'woke', meanwhile I'm here just trying to vibe that Zann will voice Rogue again. ;_;

Anyway some nice Rogue art.

by CarverRay

a bit of broken back syndrome but I'll allow it this once for the 97 excitement
    I'm VERY excited for the XTAS revival! And for Lenore Zann's beautiful voice. And honestly, I hope the revival does touch on tough topics and "woke" subjects that are relevant today. Anyone who doesn't think that the 90s XTAS wasn't "woke" and political for its era and its limitations (as a kid's cartoon) has a very selective memory. LOL That or they can't grasp metaphor, which is also quite possible. I'm daily surprised by how literal some people are.

At any rate, I'm hoping it means renewed attention for fan favorites like Rogue and Gambit, but also an opportunity to move their stories forward and also bring in some new characters that need the boost. It also hopefully means a renewed enthusiasm for them by comics writers (fingers crossed!).

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm VERY excited for the XTAS revival! And for Lenore Zann's beautiful voice. And honestly, I hope the revival does touch on tough topics and "woke" subjects that are relevant today. Anyone who doesn't think that the 90s XTAS wasn't "woke" and political for its era and its limitations (as a kid's cartoon) has a very selective memory. LOL That or they can't grasp metaphor, which is also quite possible. I'm daily surprised by how literal some people are.

At any rate, I'm hoping it means renewed attention for fan favorites like Rogue and Gambit, but also an opportunity to move their stories forward and also bring in some new characters that need the boost. It also hopefully means a renewed enthusiasm for them by comics writers (fingers crossed!).
    omg same. I kinda want them to bring back Iceman and give us a road-trip episode, just so they take the subtext out and make it... well, not text but actual dialogue lol.

Just to drive the point home. And that's just one example.

And definitely, Gambit and Rogue they are kinetic characters that benefit a lot from this medium, so hopefully if they are treated well, it'll spill back over into the comics.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 11-29-2021 at 03:45 PM.

I Want Emma in the Xmen team.

I mean im asking for years that friendship to develop

omg same. I kinda want them to bring back Iceman and give us a road-trip episode, just so they take the subtext out and make it... well, not text but actual dialogue lol.

Just to drive the point home. And that's just one example.

And definitely, Gambit and Rogue they are kinetic characters that benefit a lot from this medium, so hopefully if they are treated well, it'll spill back over into the comics.
    Oh hell yes! Rogue and Iceman roadtrip to tell off his Dad please!

Double post sorry

Rogue had two cameos this week, in Marauders, as a very Duggan-style non-dialogue wallpaper.

And another appearance together with Remy at Magneto's trial, here she her had dialogue and it was a nice image of both of them, very sexy in casual clothes.

Last edited by Sylarmax; 12-01-2021 at 08:03 PM.

There is no trace of Rogue X_x in Destiny Of X, at least not in the promo art. It is frustrating it seems that we are not going to get out of this black hole yet that we have encountered Rogue since the end of MrandMRsX had the hope that with the departure of Hickman and a more focused arc on one of his mothers (Destiny), Rogue would gain more relevance in DestinyOFX, but no, we have the same old ones since the Hickma era began, which saturate us to disgust, and even worse Hope Summers XD a character that nobody cares about, who has tried to make an A list and have failed miserably because cable copying is of no interest to the public.

Anyway, I think Rogue's bad streak in the comics will end when the animated series is released, since it will rekindle the interest of our girl in the majority of the public (who are not those who consume comics precisely) and this will benefit her treatment in the comics.

After all, not everything is bad, we just have to wait a year and a half approximately.

Although she might not be in the Destiny of X promo doesn't mean Limbo I believe. I hear Rogue is pretty much absent on some stuff only got me thinking that something is coming for girl. What is it? I have no clue but something has to be coming. She is an important character like the rest of the Og's to be completely wiped or place in limbo. I could be wrong but something has to give at some point

it was something about Kang nonsense

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think she's still part of Duggan's X-Men...considering that book is still continuing during the Wolverine event and doesn't seem to be a major part of the shake-up/break-up of the line...which I'm quite okies with.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I think she's still part of Duggan's X-Men...considering that book is still continuing during the Wolverine event and doesn't seem to be a major part of the shake-up/break-up of the line...which I'm quite okies with.
    You got a point and I do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    it was something about Kang nonsense
    Yea that, but i guess that could be just a red herring. (Could be using the wrong word there, oops)