Page 57 of 127 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Hey Chrono I read some of the stuff you written in the CM2 movie thread about those Rogue Rumors and how they should introduce Rogue when it came to Carol. I wanted to get your thoughts on something. I see a lot of people wanted Rogue to appear in CM2 which wouldn't make sense b/c Carol is already CM. Would it be better for marvel to make a CM prequal to do Rogue introduction justice? Or just keep it to Flashbacks? I've heard/read that after Marvel acquired their franchises (X-Men & F4) rights back that they weren't going to rehash the whole who these characters are and how they came to be, but just introduce them to the MCU and fit them in somehow.

Although I personally would prefer them to introduce Rogue w/the current power set she has now and go from there but that's me. Everyone nowadays should have a friend/relative (or Google lol) that can drop knowledge on current events or starting points concerning the X-Men & F4.
    You mean because Carol has different powers compared the old Ms Marvel set? That is a bit of a problem but if I really wanted to keep the storyline of Rogue attacking Carol, they could have it as Rogue absorbing a portion of that power so only just super-strength, durability and flight instead of the energy powers. Alternatively, Rogue could not absorb Carol and instead maybe it just be Wonder Man as Carol's love interest. It gives Carol motivation to hate Rogue without repeating the coma and amnesia plots.

As for how Rogue gets introduced, we never got Rogue with the brotherhood or being villainous so I would like to see that on-screen. If they can't do it in CM2 because of too many cast, then save it for CM3 or maybe even give the Brotherhood their own movie that guest stars Captain Marvel. Sort of like how Spider-Man featured Iron Man heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    You mean because Carol has different powers compared the old Ms Marvel set? That is a bit of a problem but if I really wanted to keep the storyline of Rogue attacking Carol, they could have it as Rogue absorbing a portion of that power so only just super-strength, durability and flight instead of the energy powers. Alternatively, Rogue could not absorb Carol and instead maybe it just be Wonder Man as Carol's love interest. It gives Carol motivation to hate Rogue without repeating the coma and amnesia plots.

As for how Rogue gets introduced, we never got Rogue with the brotherhood or being villainous so I would like to see that on-screen. If they can't do it in CM2 because of too many cast, then save it for CM3 or maybe even give the Brotherhood their own movie that guest stars Captain Marvel. Sort of like how Spider-Man featured Iron Man heavily.
    Couldn't that be worked into a flashback as well? It's just having Rogue fighting CM now is a bit off for me to grasp. We know in the comics they have fought recently (although Rogue was mind controlled) but Rogue is more established now w/her current powerset.
    Correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood, wasn't absorbing ROM the reason Rogue had a change of heart and Mastermind messing w/Rogue's head to make her feel like she was going crazy the reason she went to the X-men?

I do not mind flashbacks----but they need to be done properly---so that the audience knows these are flashbacks---maybe even from a number of years ago----but the audience should be able to tell that the characters today look differently and have grown from the time of the flashback.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not mind flashbacks----but they need to be done properly---so that the audience knows these are flashbacks---maybe even from a number of years ago----but the audience should be able to tell that the characters today look differently and have grown from the time of the flashback.
    Yes I agree. That can work very well if done right

Couldn't that be worked into a flashback as well? It's just having Rogue fighting CM now is a bit off for me to grasp. We know in the comics they have fought recently (although Rogue was mind controlled) but Rogue is more established now w/her current powerset.
    Correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstood, wasn't absorbing ROM the reason Rogue had a change of heart and Mastermind messing w/Rogue's head to make her feel like she was going crazy the reason she went to the X-men?
    I don't think it's the same. A flashback would be like 5 to 15 minutes of story and I don't want her background minimized like that.

It should be important that Rogue was raised by Mystique and fought Carol, as a core part of her character and growth.

Heck if I could I would extend it to like 2 movies before she eventually heel turns to the X-Men, but I do at least want one movie of full villain Rogue.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Flashbacks are tricky. I thought they were done okay in the first Cap Marvel, for example, but they can really mess with the pacing sometimes.

I don't think it's the same. A flashback would be like 5 to 15 minutes of story and I don't want her background minimized like that.
    Strongly agree.
    Make Good Art

I think instead of Carol, Rogue's childhood with her aunt carrie and her parents could be flashback. Maybe even Cody, if they avoid making it like the opening of X-Men.

Or heck, bring the iconic "you ain't my daughter, not anymore" TAS scene as a flashback lol

It should be important that Rogue was raised by Mystique and fought Carol, as a core part of her character and growth.

Heck if I could I would extend it to like 2 movies before she eventually heel turns to the X-Men, but I do at least want one movie of full villain Rogue.
    Hmmmm i get it. At this point Marvel should start the X-men as a tv series before trying the big screen. At least to flesh out the X-men more and understanding why they weren't present in the MCU. Or they could always do the whole collision of two worlds becoming one thing they did back in the illuminati book or was it the avengers?

Hmmmm i get it. At this point Marvel should start the X-men as a tv series before trying the big screen. At least to flesh out the X-men more and understanding why they weren't present in the MCU. Or they could always do the whole collision of two worlds becoming one thing they did back in the illuminati book or was it the avengers?
    Hopefully we'll start to see actual hints with the Externals. We aren't seeing them for a long time, it's high-pass time to start giving more obvious hints.

Movies never flesh out everything to the degree fans want or appreciate. But a good job could still be done. I am hoping they do it right.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I hope Rogue will be on the Coipel variant for Planet-Size X-Men
    I think Rogue's outfit suits his style perfectly

Hopefully we'll start to see actual hints with the Externals. We aren't seeing them for a long time, it's high-pass time to start giving more obvious hints.
    Amen to that LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Movies never flesh out everything to the degree fans want or appreciate. But a good job could still be done. I am hoping they do it right.
    Facts. I hope they do it right as well

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I hope Rogue will be on the Coipel variant for Planet-Size X-Men
    I think Rogue's outfit suits his style perfectly
    -_- I'm so jealous of your Profile pic.

I saw that too and agree. I personally would change the collar into a hood.

Is it sacrilege to say I'm not sure about her Gala uniform being her new costume? I mean I like it but at the same time I want something drastically new.

Then again, I'd probably take anything over her current look because to me new era = new clothes.

I say as I post almost all 90s fanart >.>

by Luis Gadea

by Fpiniche

by Gengareth

I don't know how I feel about the lip-bite but the art is pretty. xD