Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I so hope this is true!

I also so hope they do NOT bring Paquin back!
    Nothing against her, but she just doesn't look like Rogue to me, plus I want a complete break from the Fox x-men films, everyone should be new.
    She probably won't be... They might go for the teenage route
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I believe it's X-Men Gold (oddly enough Guggenheim's Rogue wasn't that bad)
    I'll say! Though, I heard Guggs writing improved on the whole towards the end. I still haven't read most of the series though so I can only go by others.

Paquin currently looks very old thanks to being vegan .....

Currently the appearance of Rogue only has Alexandra Daddario, Ana de Armas or Lyz Gillies.

With the only appearance of Rogue, in xmen3 a very entertaining and good writing issue as always, rating 9/10 but I don't know if the number was bad or good as far as Rogue is concerned.

Yes she felt fun and cheeky, but like Lorna and Scott and Sunfire they seem more wallpapers than anything else.

With Laura i didn't even mention her because she's too out of character. Poor Laura X_x

Rogue is with her personality and I liked that she sent the HE to fly in one fell swoop but more than that she did nothing else, the rest she was pure wallpaper, and the generic final scenes sharing with civilians, she really disappointed me with that single blow. I quite thought by including the HE this issue would be more Rogue-centric.

Let's say the rest was a good number, although it bores me in the extreme that jean is always like a short wave radio narrating everything, it is not necessary and that is a waste of panels.

For the rest my usual complaints, Rogue for a change is the only one of the group who does not use her mutant powers, while Synch only imitates those of others all the time, while Rogue only saying a couple of sassy lines and gives a punch. like a flying brick.

I don't want to be pessimistic but I miss Duuggan's Uncanny Avengers, who although he still hates her absorbing powers, but used
    The others powers of her very good, here it is very generic, in addition to looking filler or wallpapper, all of us who saw UA can see the difference, it does not seem the same Duggan who always had Rogue very central and protagonist. X_x

I complained because we know that Duggan can write a much better Rogue, really much much better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    With the only appearance of Rogue, in xmen3 a very entertaining and good writing issue as always, rating 9/10 but I don't know if the number was bad or good as far as Rogue is concerned.

Yes she felt fun and cheeky, but like Lorna and Scott and Sunfire they seem more wallpapers than anything else.

With Laura i didn't even mention her because she's too out of character. Poor Laura X_x

Rogue is with her personality and I liked that she sent the HE to fly in one fell swoop but more than that she did nothing else, the rest she was pure wallpaper, and the generic final scenes sharing with civilians, she really disappointed me with that single blow. I quite thought by including the HE this issue would be more Rogue-centric.

Let's say the rest was a good number, although it bores me in the extreme that jean is always like a short wave radio narrating everything, it is not necessary and that is a waste of panels.

For the rest my usual complaints, Rogue for a change is the only one of the group who does not use her mutant powers, while Synch only imitates those of others all the time, while Rogue only saying a couple of sassy lines and gives a punch. like a flying brick.

I don't want to be pessimistic but I miss Duuggan's Uncanny Avengers, who although he still hates her absorbing powers, but used
    The others powers of her very good, here it is very generic, in addition to looking filler or wallpapper, all of us who saw UA can see the difference, it does not seem the same Duggan who always had Rogue very central and protagonist. X_x

I complained because we know that Duggan can write a much better Rogue, really much much better.
    Gotta agree w/ the synch thing.Why would they put two copy/ absorb people on the same team and not have them use synergy like other mutants to create a circuit or something.And why is Rogue not the one tutoring Synch.I love Jean, but it makes a lot more sense for Rogue to tutor synch because she knows how to adapt to new powers.

Oh and not High Evolutionary saying not only Synch is more powerful than Rogue, but that it's not even close.Bruh

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Gotta agree w/ the synch thing.Why would they put two copy/ absorb people on the same team and not have them use synergy like other mutants to create a circuit or something.And why is Rogue not the one tutoring Synch.I love Jean, but it makes a lot more sense for Rogue to tutor synch because she knows how to adapt to new powers.

Oh and not High Evolutionary saying not only Synch is more powerful than Rogue, but that it's not even close.Bruh
    Agreed With You .

Ironically for YEARS since she gained control of her powers, Rogue had a kind of guardian role with the xkids, because their powers Rogue uses them with control and better than them, the same thing happened with several adults.

We literally have years of history on this, which is why it's so frustrating that Duggan doesn't like Rogue's absorbing powers.
    And as you say she should be doing the same thing that she is doing Synch, because she does the same as him and much more, and tactically it would help much more to have successful missions.

But lamentably the answer to this is, Duggan likes Rogue with the flying brick powers, but at the same time he does not like her absorption powers, it seems very contradictory, but it is a fact I can support myself from the two years that he was in Uncanny Avengers and how he never used absorption powers in missions, when Rogue started using all of her powers, including absorption ones, is when Digan left Uncanny Avengers, which is why I consider Jim Zub to be a much better writer for Rogue, the balances all her powers.

Well the truth is that scene did not even bother me, since it is the opinion of the HE that he is never right lol, I assume that it impresses him more because he mimics without touching.
    but Synch is very limited , but well I don't mind that it has a bit of exposure, we know this with characters that never lasts.
    and Rogue is a character A, probably after this book Synch falls back to limbo, let's say it's the safest thing, if Monet tried to boost her and they couldn't make her stellar I doubt they will do it with Synch.

But Synch only does that and nothing else, Rogue does that and much much more, she can take powers, emotions, minds, physical and intellectual abilities, and vital energy, in addition to being able to stay permanently disabled powers, and remote absorption as well. It is a latent ability of Rogue, it is quite obvious she is much more powerful.

But how I said this boils down to how Duggan loves Rogue with the flying brick powers, but she never liked her absorbing powers one bit.

I am psyched that as long as Duggan writes about Rogue she will have the powers of invulnerability, super strength.
    flight and increased speed, but her absorbing powers will sadly not exist X_x unless another writer simultaneously writes her to Duggan.

Although in honor of Duggan I liked the mention that Rogue has a Hulk level strength now.

I don't mean I told you but I did tell you, with Synch there They were going to sacrifice Rogue's absorption powers, just so Synch made sense to be on the team.

And Rogue would only be the generic flying brick, which ok not bad is one of the greatest heavyweights of Marvel and almost impossible to assassinate currently, but the funniest thing about Rogue is that he uses his absorption powers in conjunction with the brick powers flying.

But as you can see, in this book she is the only one in the group who has not used her mutant powers, while Synch does not stop using them, something that Rogue could be doing as well, especially when she does much more than just imitate powers.

But I said it, we already had Duggan reference with Rogue.

There is a rumor circulating, that Disney + for 2022 among its mutant projects has a series on Rogue as the focus, possibly it will be his time with the brotherhood and Mystique before he attacks Carol in a movie, and later joins the Xmen.

It's just a rumor that I saw on various Instagram pages, but hopefully it's true.
    we deserve a proper Rogue introduction In the MCU.
    Since she is more interesting and more complex in her origin than the vast majority of xmen, she went from villain to super heroine.

Fan Comic Black Cat (With Rogue, Blink, Cyclops, Doctor Doom) Today 10 page

https://www.deviantart.com/medsonlima

BANNED

Synch lived for 100 years in the Vault. He does not need Rogue to tutor him on his powers.

BANNED

Paquin currently looks very old thanks to being vegan .....

Currently the appearance of Rogue only has Alexandra Daddario, Ana de Armas or Lyz Gillies.

I think Liz Guilles could do a good Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think Liz Guilles could do a good Rogue.

I also like that option, it physically meets Rogue.

the only options should be Alexandra Daddario, Liz Gillies or Ana de Armas.

It seems like they are setting up Synch as the new big thing. Certainly that seems to be one of the goals of this volume of X-men.

In doing so they might have reasoned that it’s better to focus on Synchs powers and making him stand out. Not how they where unique, like his gen X days, but as to how powerful they are. Therefore Rogue isn’t shown using her power yet because that space is reserved for Synch. To establish him. When he is established we might se some synergy with their powers. Or not. It’s Duggan writing and he likes her a certain way.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Rogue got an entry for today's Line it is Drawn theme, Comic Book Characters in Musicals.

melodramakitch1 suggested

Moulin Rogue!

Axel Medellin drew this one. His website is here.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Rogue got an entry for today's Line it is Drawn theme, Comic Book Characters in Musicals.

melodramakitch1 suggested

Moulin Rogue!

Axel Medellin drew this one. His website is here.

LOL I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It seems like they are setting up Synch as the new big thing. Certainly that seems to be one of the goals of this volume of X-men.

In doing so they might have reasoned that it’s better to focus on Synchs powers and making him stand out. Not how they where unique, like his gen X days, but as to how powerful they are. Therefore Rogue isn’t shown using her power yet because that space is reserved for Synch. To establish him. When he is established we might se some synergy with their powers. Or not. It’s Duggan writing and he likes her a certain way.
    This suck, Rogue IS more powerful and doing many more things, not just imitate.

I don't want to say I told them, but it was prophetic I always said that the two of them should not be in the same group, since Rogue having multiple powers, and Synch being a useless dependent on who is close, Rogue was going to be the only character in don't use her mutant powers. x_x

And I was not wrong .... 3 issues and all have.
    Using her mutant powers minus Rogue, Rogue is going to stagnate to use only her flying brick powers, at least as long as she remains only written by Duggan.

This suck, Rogue IS more powerful and doing many more things, not just imitate.

I don't want to say I told them, but it was prophetic I always said that the two of them should not be in the same group, since Rogue having multiple powers, and Synch being a useless dependent on who is close, Rogue was going to be the only character in don't use her mutant powers. x_x

And I was not wrong .... 3 issues and all have.
    Using her mutant powers minus Rogue, Rogue is going to stagnate to use only her flying brick powers, at least as long as she remains only written by Duggan.
    Well we have perhaps 9 more issues to go. So it's always hard to pass any sort of judgement this early. All we can do is look at what we have and the trends that are going on. If we look at that and try to speculate anyway: we will have more focus on Synch coming. Laura and Synch romantic story. One story with Laura fighting against many opponents in a sort of hopeless situation(perhaps with Synch). This is just me speculating but I can see Duggan going this way. More of Rogue as a flying Brick. Some fun scene, perhaps a drinking one, with Lorna. Possibly a synergy scene with Rogue and Synch nearing the end of the run. And of course more Jean and Cylops being the leaders and the team statement and all that hubbla.