Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Glad Rogue is back on the main X-Team....

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Glad Rogue is back on the main X-Team....
    I think we are all sighing with relief. Now if she only changed looks...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

The X-Men redesign thread got me thinking about Rogue in different color schemes and now I want it so bad. Maroon or hot pink would look so good. ;_:

Original Concept by Luke Werner

by Peter Nguyen

I'm surprised none of the X-Women really ever wear pink, outside of Betsy during the Outback and Rogue briefly with the Shi'Ar Miners Outfit. I know these are Claremazons and everything but nothing wrong with a pink palette. Too many X-Women dip into the green color scheme as it is (Polaris, Jean, Rogue, Siryn, Meggan) while orange and pink are nowhere to be found rip.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The X-Men redesign thread got me thinking about Rogue in different color schemes and now I want it so bad. Maroon or hot pink would look so good. ;_:

Original Concept by Luke Werner

by Peter Nguyen

I'm surprised none of the X-Women really ever wear pink, outside of Betsy during the Outback and Rogue briefly with the Shi'Ar Miners Outfit. I know these are Claremazons and everything but nothing wrong with a pink palette. Too many X-Women dip into the green color scheme as it is (Polaris, Jean, Rogue, Siryn, Meggan) while orange and pink are nowhere to be found rip.
    The maroon/black/hot pink does look really good on her, but they're Gambit colours. If she shared panel time with him wearing that, they'd look like the Wonder Twins.

EDIT: Also about the current X-Men outfit (or the old 90s one). All they need to do is pull back the yellow and go light green, and I think that'll go a long way. I think the yellow is the big issue.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-19-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    The maroon/black/hot pink does look really good on her, but they're Gambit colours. If she shared panel time with him wearing that, they'd look like the Wonder Twins.
    Hmm that's true but Gambit should probably get a redesign as well. Something like his X-treme outfit where there wasn't any pink but still kept the trench coat and black.

I miss old Salvador Larroca

IDK despite it looking pretty simple, he looked really good in it.

I'd also be in favor him experimenting with colors outside of his comfort zone as well. The Nguyen design is a bit strange but it doesn't look bad. I like the white sleeveless undershirt, green and yellow tweed jacket combo. Though the thigh-high boots don't work as well IMO.

The maroon/black design would work well for her in 'X-Men' because Gambit's not on the roster, so she'll pop a little more.
    The X-Treme looks were okay for it's time, but I think black in comics looks a little dull these days, very 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    The maroon/black design would work well for her in 'X-Men' because Gambit's not on the roster, so she'll pop a little more.
    The X-Treme looks were okay for it's time, but I think black in comics looks a little dull these days, very 2000's.
    Yea that was my main thought process. On a team with Gambit it might too similar but on the new X-Men roster specifically it'd be a more unique look. Maybe this is why Jean, Polaris, and Rogue usually aren't on the same rosters. xD

As for X-Treme, I'm fond of some of the designs, but I agree that they do a look a bit dated. I definitely wouldn't mind updated looks though...

Maybe the reason they are not changing Rogue's design is because the team is meant to be temporary? Will the entire team get turned over or will certain members stay? Seems weird to give Polaris and Sunfire entirely new looks if they're only around for like 2 or so arcs (roughly about a years worth of issues).

Will either way, I still want Rogue in new duds lol.

Jean and Rogue could use new uniforms. I like when they give different colors than we are used to seeing. Rogue looks good in so many colors. At one time, she did sport orange (and green?). I would like to see Rogue in another color other than green.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean and Rogue could use new uniforms. I like when they give different colors than we are used to seeing. Rogue looks good in so many colors. At one time, she did sport orange (and green?). I would like to see Rogue in another color other than green.
    Yep the infamous Rogue poncho. xD It's an acquired taste but I did appreciate the orange!

Rogue wearing orange would be nice too. I don't think any of the X-Women regularly wear it.

Yes, that is it, ChronoRogue! Lol, I didn't know it was infamous!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Probably just among Rogue fans lol. Whenever I've seen discussions on her costumes, that one... isn't a favorite.

Probably just among Rogue fans lol. Whenever I've seen discussions on her costumes, that one... isn't a favorite.
    Oh, lol. I am surprised that fans even know of that costume. It was such a long time ago and it often seems like the fans are only familiar with the last 15-20 years.

Oh, lol. I am surprised that fans even know of that costume. It was such a long time ago and it often seems like the fans are only familiar with the last 15-20 years.
    Back before the 2014 CBR purge I remember people voting and or talking about Rogue's costume iirc. But yea, most fans probably don't outside of the one's that read back through a characters history. But that can be fun!

Back before the 2014 CBR purge I remember people voting and or talking about Rogue's costume iirc. But yea, most fans probably don't outside of the one's that read back through a characters history. But that can be fun!
    Yes, I agree. I often find it....annoying... when these new fans want to ignore or not learn about the character (involved). They can start whenever they come into the comics, but for goodness sake, learn about the character, lol! Going back to the beginning is the best way to find out how the character evolved and is the person they are today. Espsecially true for Rogue who started as a villain.

Yes, I agree. I often find it....annoying... when these new fans want to ignore or not learn about the character (involved). They can start whenever they come into the comics, but for goodness sake, learn about the character, lol! Going back to the beginning is the best way to find out how the character evolved and is the person they are today. Espsecially true for Rogue who started as a villain.
    Exactly! Some things are probably best left ignored like the Draco with Nightcrawler but the vast majority of a characters history adds to the richness of the character.

One of the things that annoyed me with the Fox version of Rogue, is that she lacked that edge that came from her villain origin. She was clearly a Shadowcat and Jubilee substitute but still.

Even the animated series (TAS, Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men) all got that part right despite them all being relatively short-lived or one-off stints.