Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Is there any coherent reason why Mr. Hickman still doesn't consider omega-level Rogue once and for all?

I say just added to the omega list to his hideous mutant arakko creations that neither seem like a big deal really.

But with what Rogue demonstrated vs the celestial in Uncanny Avengers is already more of an omega feat than any of the official list have done.

And she has even greater accomplishments like absorbing 8 billion alien life.
    And potentially we saw what her power will grow into thanks to xtreme xmen .. So this doesn't make sense to me.

This guy just hates rogue so much so that not even taking the mike carey stories from the cotv that are linked with Rogue. He did not take it into account.

I hope this guy leaves soon the stories of him with the mutants are horrible the truth.
    I believe one reason why she isn't considered an omega level mutant is due to her mental state when she does absorb to many personalities. Something to that affect.

Also I swore I read somewhere that Hickman don't like Rogue. Something about finding her confusing and wanted to kill her off and bring in another character named Rogue, if he had written the X-men in the past. I rather keep her under the radar from him until he leaves. Just because you find a character confusing don't mean you should kill them off. Just hand them over to someone who gets them or have SOME clue what to due with them. In this case, I'm sorry Tini but you are up for elimination my dear.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Hmm I suppose Astra could get into a catfight with Rogue over not getting attention. Wouldn't be the first woman who fought Rogue for that reason. *cough* Bella Donna *cough*

Oh no, I wasn't implying what happened with Rogue and Cody when she was young was something intentionally malicious or villainous. The way it's usually portrayed, it was an innocent kiss and was deeply traumatic for her. I just meant that Cody's family and relatives probably wouldn't see it that way. Whatever guilt Rogue felt, they still lost a family member. People have hated mutants for less, so I could easily see someone looking for revenge. But that's just a hypothetical situation that a writer could play with. But yes, Candra and Bella Donna did not help the situation either.

Also while that incident was not her fault, there was plenty of stuff she did as a teenage villain that does hold some responsibility for, Mystique brainwashing her or not (ie absorbing Carol). Like harassing Dazzler and fighting other heroes. I just see some potential stories there, for more things outside of the Carol incident to come back and haunt her. Could be entertaining for a solo book.

As for Josh helping, I'm not sure his powers had activated yet. He might have been too young. And for the telepaths, that is a good question. I'm not sure, though, if they can do anything for someone in a coma like that.

No I know how strong she is now. also i wrote class 100 in the original post in this thread xd But there are still villains who would likely give her trouble. The High Evolutionary fought her with the WM powers and didn't even flinch. then again RR liked to downplay Rogue a lot Same for Ultron, Nuclear Man, Juggernaut and a few others since then.

I do wish they'd emphasized the power boost more though. I feel like she just gets written as if she has her old power-set, when that's not really true. rip no red eyes or purple dots for Rogue lol
    Didn't Xavier help Carol out of her coma when Rogue tossed the proverbial trash over the bridge or to something of that effect?

Now Dazzler, ok if I was Rogue I would harass her myself. She was a bit of a B**** back then but Rogue did take it a bit to far. I'm just saying. We know WHY Rogue did it but someone should have pulled her to the side and say, "OK STOP! It ain't cute anymore."
    By now both Rogue and Dazzler should have squared all that hate back before they entered the Siege Perilous stone I thought.

Yeah I get villains being stronger than her, it makes perfect sense. I don't want her to be some uber character and just shine all the time (Although i can dream ) but I know she is way stronger than Carol. Hands down.

Hey Chrono I know Wiki is known for it misinformation at best but this is what it says about her wonderman power set. Is there a more viable source that people get their info from?

Wonder Man powers
    Rogue currently possesses Wonder Man's essence, including his powers and psyche. Her organic tissues have been permeated with ionic energy, granting her an array of superhuman abilities. She possesses superhuman strength sufficient enough to lift well over 100 tons, as well as some degree of superhuman speed, agility and reflexes. In addition, Rogue is virtually invulnerable to damage and is capable of flying at high speeds. Rogue's eyes glow in the dark and her vision extends somewhat into the infrared spectrum, allowing her to see in the dark. Her new ionic physiology also grants her a form of immortality, protecting her from age and disease.

Honestly I would love for Rogue eyes to glow red in the dark like it says to extend her vision.

Man.

Rogue had nothing revelant done since Dawn of X.

When she absorbed Apoccy i hoped she retained that powers. I Mean the woman was the most important Mutant Avenger god.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I believe one reason why she isn't considered an omega level mutant is due to her mental state when she does absorb to many personalities. Something to that affect.

Also I swore I read somewhere that Hickman don't like Rogue. Something about finding her confusing and wanted to kill her off and bring in another character named Rogue, if he had written the X-men in the past. I rather keep her under the radar from him until he leaves. Just because you find a character confusing don't mean you should kill them off. Just hand them over to someone who gets them or have SOME clue what to due with them. In this case, I'm sorry Tini but you are up for elimination my dear.
    Nah that was Morrison that wanted to kill Rogue. I don't remember Hickman saying anything but the lack of use says enough I think. He has a character type I think; arrogant, power-hungry and intellectual. So the Magneto, Emma and Monet types. Sunspot too but he's more on the goofy spectrum.

Which sucks because Larraz is doing a lot of the major crossover work and I miss his Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz
    Didn't Xavier help Carol out of her coma when Rogue tossed the proverbial trash over the bridge or to something of that effect?

Now Dazzler, ok if I was Rogue I would harass her myself. She was a bit of a B**** back then but Rogue did take it a bit to far. I'm just saying. We know WHY Rogue did it but someone should have pulled her to the side and say, "OK STOP! It ain't cute anymore."
    By now both Rogue and Dazzler should have squared all that hate back before they entered the Siege Perilous stone I thought.

Yeah I get villains being stronger than her, it makes perfect sense. I don't want her to be some uber character and just shine all the time (Although i can dream ) but I know she is way stronger than Carol. Hands down.
    Ahh you gotta point there. Can't believe I forgot about Carol. Hmm it may be that because Cody was fully human, his mind was more delicate? I'm not sure tbh, it should've been something a writer addressed at one point.

Yea Rogue and Dazzler are fine now, it's more about exploring whatever misdeeds Rogue did with Mystique back in the day that could be interesting. As bad as the Rogue (2004) solo was, I did like that Bedard introduced a character from that time in Rogue's life as a young "revolutionary" terrorist (Blindspot). I'd like more of that in the future.

Carols strength seems to be highly variable itself, but given Rogue doesn't exactly have any ranged powers (outside of her seldom used new absorption), I think having Rogue edge her out in strength is fine. The X-Men don't exactly have a ton of very strong flying bricks like the Avengers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz
    Hey Chrono I know Wiki is known for it misinformation at best but this is what it says about her wonderman power set. Is there a more viable source that people get their info from?

Wonder Man powers
    Rogue currently possesses Wonder Man's essence, including his powers and psyche. Her organic tissues have been permeated with ionic energy, granting her an array of superhuman abilities. She possesses superhuman strength sufficient enough to lift well over 100 tons, as well as some degree of superhuman speed, agility and reflexes. In addition, Rogue is virtually invulnerable to damage and is capable of flying at high speeds. Rogue's eyes glow in the dark and her vision extends somewhat into the infrared spectrum, allowing her to see in the dark. Her new ionic physiology also grants her a form of immortality, protecting her from age and disease.

Honestly I would love for Rogue eyes to glow red in the dark like it says to extend her vision.
    I don't think Rogue has shown any type vision powers or the glowing red eye effect, but theoretically she should have all of Wonder Man's abilities. We've seen her with Simon's purple dots before for example which should signify iconic energy.

She also does seem physically stronger than her old Ms Marvel powers shown through being able to stalemate Juggernaut, punch around a Zombie Hulk, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Man.

Rogue had nothing revelant done since Dawn of X.

When she absorbed Apoccy i hoped she retained that powers. I Mean the woman was the most important Mutant Avenger god.

Seeing Rogue beat down Apocalypse was the only high point o f Excalibur so far, but I don't think she needs Apoc's powers, she's plenty tough enough as it is

I miss her Uncanny Avengers days, art was great , story was fun, and Rogue was kicking the tar out of people on a regular basis.

I miss UA too. Maybe not Remember's UA, since she spent 1/3 of his run dead and other 2/3 being a heel for Wanda, but definitely Duggan's.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post

Wait, really? She can't be classified as an Omega bc the "upper limit" of her powers is her own mental state? Ugh. That seems dumb to me. I liked HoX/PoX, but the shine of Hickman's era has quickly come off
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I miss UA too. Maybe not Remember's UA, since she spent 1/3 of his run dead and other 2/3 being a heel for Wanda, but definitely Duggan's.
    Agreed. I didn't care for Remender's so much, but Duggan wrote a great Rogue , and the book had humor too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She isn't classified as Omega because her powers are finite with set limitations. Sure she can absorb a God but...those powers will fade over time. Being Omega Level has more to do with undefined upper limits of one's power and what might be accomplished than the actual power itself.

And I'm okies with Rogue not being Omega. How her powers work and are applied are pretty interesting as they are.

For discussion's sake...what exactly would an Omega Level Rogue do/be?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I don't think it's the time limitation that keeps Rogue from being an Omega. Hope also doesn't permanently keep the powers she mimics either but she is Omega.

I think it may be because her powers have psychological drawbacks and she has problems with control. By the Legacy era, she had gotten very good at separating memories from powers but they've always naturally gone together for Rogue. I don't think it comes naturally to her.

Hope on the otherhand doesn't come with that drawback. She can freely mimic powers w/o any negative side-effects and unlike Synch seems to innately known how to use them to their fullest potential without having to mimic their experiences.

As for a Rogue that is Omega, it's hard to say. Maybe something like X-treme Rogue but with more control. Basically... extremely OP lol.

Rogue had to work her power control issues rather than born without them.

She is not a Omega de facto- but is a Omega for her work in getting her power in control.

Hope the "Rogue power control thing is not ret-ret-ret-ret-conned again for the 12 time"

I might be one of the few Rogue fans or X-Men fans for that matter who doesn't care about Omega level or what it means. I'm pretty on board with all the Wonderman powers, except the red eyes and power signature. That's an odd bit that nobody seems to have carried over. Do we know for sure she retained ALL Simon's powers after he was ejected from her? I figured a lot of that had to do with him being actually contained within her at the time as a whole being. How she kept his powers after he left is the baffling part and got kinda hand waved. But I like her as a flying brick, so I'm not going to poo-poo it.

So long as Rogue is powerful enough to kick the ass of most Avengers and hang with major cosmic entities, I'm good. And I mean, on any given day any character can probably beat another depending on the extenuating circumstances anyway. If it was pure math, where's the fun?

But man, if that bit about Hickman not "getting" Rogue is true ... well that's another mark against him for me. Because how does one not get her? What, like it's hard?

And her powers have been so diverse and malleable over the years. It's really part of the appeal she has - combining different powers, recalling powers, extending her absorption field, sharing powers selectively.

The toughest part for writing such a powerful character as Rogue is finding ways to adequately challenge them or you don't have an interesting story, especially if you're doing street level stories with her. With Rogue, if you don't have an equally powerful opponent then you have to attack who she cares about or challenge her psychologically or do something to weaken her. And having limits on her ability due to her psychology and giving her imperfect control is probably what makes her most interesting to me. Otherwise Rogue can beat anyone and solve every problem. And that's fun like maybe one time.

But man ... she is so wasted in Excalibur it makes me want to cry.

I mean... I sort of care lol but not enough to complain about it. Part of superheroes is the "power fantasy" aspect of it after all.

Realistically none of the Omegas are ever going to be written to their full potential anyway. As you mention, it'd make stories boring and incredibly hard to introduce threats to the team with such disparity in ability.

It's just a fancy title for all intents and purposes, not really a measure of real power which is why it doesn't really bother me much that she isn't considered one.

[QUOTE=ChronoRogue;5337434]Nah that was Morrison that wanted to kill Rogue. I don't remember Hickman saying anything but the lack of use says enough I think. He has a character type I think; arrogant, power-hungry and intellectual. So the Magneto, Emma and Monet types. Sunspot too but he's more on the goofy spectrum.

Which sucks because Larraz is doing a lot of the major crossover work and I miss his Rogue.

Oooooo my bad. I thought it was Hickman. Well Morrison you are on my S*** list for being dumb. Larraz Rogue was gorgeous!