Page 10 of 127 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The upcoming Women of Marvel special will feature a story about Rogue and Mystique, written by Natasha Alterici.
    Nice! I hope they make amends.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Meh don't worry. I forget carol all the time. Its sad I will HAVE to watch a movie of hers just to see Rogue introduced to the MCU if that happens. Ugh just the thought. In all honesty as MUCH as the telepaths muck around in human minds I'm sure they could have helped Cody. I mean if they can shut your mind down or mind control you then I'm sure they can re wire your brain to wake your butt up from a coma. They just need Rogue there to help with the missing pieces and a little mental coercing to help heal the mind. Then again its never that easy lol
    Maybe they could have done something but it's really too late now. Unless Krakoa decides it will allow resurrecting humans... which could be an interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ
    How much control does everyone think Rogue has currently? Post flower coffin (eye roll) she seems "magically" more in control again, even though it's still completely unclear why Krakoa was messing with her control prior to that . 16 issues later ... and we wouldn't even know that's a thing (Krakoa) if Tini hadn't mentioned it offhandedly in an interview.

I kind of like the notion of her borrowing powers on occasion if the situation warrants it, especially with close friends and partners. It being an imperfect process makes it risky and requires an element of trust between then. But I'm guessing she can't easily parse out pyches and powers anymore? Or can she? Is the ranged absorption just gone? If so, why? Again, 16 issues and no answers. Not even a hint really.
    That's a good question. I'm going to assume she should be the same as how KT left her? In so far as that she retains control but that it can be broken or disrupted if she lets fear get a hold of her. I think that's a fair weakness.

And yea I agree, I'm not sure exactly sure why she was experiencing control issues. Though that kinda brings to mind an interesting question. Krakoa is basically feeding on all the mutants on the island and Rogue herself absorbs life-force so... how does that work exactly? lol The only thing that comes to mind when two entities that have similar life-absorption powers happen is that episode when Sauron tries to absorb Rogue in TAS.

Though iirc Selene and Rogue had a similar interaction but Selene's absorption overpowered Rogue's. Either way, I imagine mutants that have vampiric abilities (Emplate, Selene) might experience some weirdness on Krakoa and maybe that's why Rogue's control was affected? Or at least thats how I would explain it away...

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter
    The upcoming Women of Marvel special will feature a story about Rogue and Mystique, written by Natasha Alterici.
    Nice! I'm glad we're at least getting some content outside of Excalibur for Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    That's a good question. I'm going to assume she should be the same as how KT left her? In so far as that she retains control but that it can be broken or disrupted if she lets fear get a hold of her. I think that's a fair weakness.

And yea I agree, I'm not sure exactly sure why she was experiencing control issues. Though that kinda brings to mind an interesting question. Krakoa is basically feeding on all the mutants on the island and Rogue herself absorbs life-force so... how does that work exactly? lol The only thing that comes to mind when two entities that have similar life-absorption powers happen is that episode when Sauron tries to absorb Rogue in TAS.

Though iirc Selene and Rogue had a similar interaction but Selene's absorption overpowered Rogue's. Either way, I imagine mutants that have vampiric abilities (Emplate, Selene) might experience some weirdness on Krakoa and maybe that's why Rogue's control was affected? Or at least thats how I would explain it away...
    I think you might be onto something here. I'm trying to remember, has Rogue ever tried to absorb Hope besides when she was a baby? It was never fully explained how she cured Rogue was it? I'm not really sure what that would look like if Rogue COULD absorb Hope's powers to be honest. Hope tends to enhance and mimic.

But yeah, I'm guessing there's going to eventually be some kind of slow burn reveal about how Krakoa is effecting certain mutants like Rogue and Rictor in Excalibur. Just seems annoying that it's not being addressed sooner or given better hints along the way. Meh.

Very excited to read this Women of Marvel story though. I LOVE the dedicated yet extremely fraught relationship between Rogue and Mystique. And getting a different writer is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ
    I think you might be onto something here. I'm trying to remember, has Rogue ever tried to absorb Hope besides when she was a baby? It was never fully explained how she cured Rogue was it? I'm not really sure what that would look like if Rogue COULD absorb Hope's powers to be honest. Hope tends to enhance and mimic.
    I don't think so, though that would be interesting. In a similar vein if Hope and Synch were together in a room, I feel like they just cancel each other out. Or in Hope's case, wipes out certain "caches" that power mimickers like Rogue or Synch might have within them where they store of personalities and powers. That's how I assume Rogue got cured from the Strain 88 virus.

Speaking of Hope, wow that Rogue and Hope connection was dropped like a hot potato. It was referenced slightly in Generation Hope but even that was a blink and you miss it moment. I wish Carey or someone would've mentioned what their deal is beyond Hope seeming to use Rogue as a catalyst for her own powers.

But yeah, I'm guessing there's going to eventually be some kind of slow burn reveal about how Krakoa is effecting certain mutants like Rogue and Rictor in Excalibur. Just seems annoying that it's not being addressed sooner or given better hints along the way. Meh.
    Same. I think it's more what Hickman wants to see and question at the moment. We're still in the establishing phase of Krakoa so he probably doesn't want us to question the island too much right now in "Phase 1". But honestly it feels kinda hollow that everyone just kinda accepts things like this, when usually they tend to be more suspicious of drastic change.

Very excited to read this Women of Marvel story though. I LOVE the dedicated yet extremely fraught relationship between Rogue and Mystique. And getting a different writer is a bonus.
    Yea I'm pretty excited to see what Alterici has in store for us.

Mystique and Rogue's relationship has always been an interesting point of both their histories. It's clear Raven cares a lot about Anna (more so than her actual biological son) probably because Rogue was around during some of the happiest moments in her life. It's the closet Mystique got to having a normal life and raising of a family (or terrorists lol).

I hope they reference Destiny in the story. If Mystique plans to bring down Krakoa, I feel like she'd want Rogue away or out of the cross-fire.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-21-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Some Rogue and Mystique GIFs from "A Rogue's Tale" inspired by the news.

Speaking of Hope, wow that Rogue and Hope connection was dropped like a hot potato. It was referenced slightly in Generation Hope but even that was a blink and you miss it moment. I wish Carey or someone would've mentioned what their deal is beyond Hope seeming to use Rogue as a catalyst for her own powers.
    I know its a thing of the past but so much this. I know they bonded pretty closely but it never got touched on. shame really

I'm excited to see where they are going to go with Rogue and Mystique. They interact so little with each other. I would also would love for Kurt to be involved as well like X-men unlimited #4 back in '93. Hell give me Rogue, Iceman, and Cannonball in a book again. Loved their dynamic.

Some Rogue and Mystique GIFs from "A Rogue's Tale" inspired by the news.

one of my favorite episodes

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Nice! I hope they make amends.
    When did they last interact? I can't remember how things were left between them.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    When did they last interact? I can't remember how things were left between them.
    Pretty sure it was the wedding. They seemed fine then
    Make Good Art

Maybe the pull a Magnus on them

Now Rogue is Raven spoilers:
    biological mother
    end of spoilers

For some reason, I keep thinking that when Mystique goes to take it all down ... she might just recruit Rogue to help her. At least, I think that would be interesting. Now since Hickman seems oblivious to the character, it probably won't go that way. But I think Rogue would go against Xavier to bring back her Mom. I really do.

Side note ... ok, this is a weird one ... but my new head cannon is that Mystique is Rogue's Father. Hear me out, but what if Mystique impersonated Owen on Destiny's orders because she knew they would need Rogue to exist for something essential in their future? It would be an easy way to expain why Rogue's Father up and vanished too.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    For some reason, I keep thinking that when Mystique goes to take it all down ... she might just recruit Rogue to help her. At least, I think that would be interesting. Now since Hickman seems oblivious to the character, it probably won't go that way. But I think Rogue would go against Xavier to bring back her Mom. I really do.

Side note ... ok, this is a weird one ... but my new head cannon is that Mystique is Rogue's Father. Hear me out, but what if Mystique impersonated Owen on Destiny's orders because she knew they would need Rogue to exist for something essential in their future? It would be an easy way to expain why Rogue's Father up and vanished too.
    In my head canon Rogue's dad is the big fat redneck from X-men TAS.

Although I guess that could have been mystique too?

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    In my head canon Rogue's dad is the big fat redneck from X-men TAS.
    "Daddy, please!"
    "You ain't my daughter, not anymore!"

Iconic. Tragic.

I've never read that one series that gave her hippie parent(?), so that's my head canon for her too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    "Daddy, please!"
    "You ain't my daughter, not anymore!"

Iconic. Tragic.

I've never read that one series that gave her hippie parent(?), so that's my head canon for her too.
    I read the ghost hippie parent story and immediately tried to forget it. You didn't miss anything.