Page 68 of 127 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Semi spoilers for Magneto and the Mutant Force

spoilers:
    Not really gonna spoil the books plot just go into what part Rogue plays and what she does in the book.

So Rogue does end up permanently absorbing Skymax. It's still unclear if she had additional powers before his and its somewhat of a Carol situation, where she retains parts of his memories.

Rogue and the mutant force are walking through a psychic memory and she gets ousted from it first. She shape-shifts once or twice but it's just for visual effect, there's no tactical use to it. even though it'd help A TON to sneak absorb someone...

She briefly fights Hyperion but they seem to be playing with the mutants. Not once does she try to absorb him. This writer is not endearing themselves to me...

Overall if you like Rogue, this issue is skippable. Nothing in it made me think the story was very thought out or was interesting. The big reveal at the end was a bit surprising but meh.

Might not buy the rest of the series, still deciding. Rating is a 2 out of 5 stars for me.
    end of spoilers
    I liked it. The art was cool and it was fun to see Rogue using her powers against Hyperion. The last page reveal made me want more!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Semi spoilers for Magneto and the Mutant Force

spoilers:
    Not really gonna spoil the books plot just go into what part Rogue plays and what she does in the book.

So Rogue does end up permanently absorbing Skymax. It's still unclear if she had additional powers before his and its somewhat of a Carol situation, where she retains parts of his memories.

Rogue and the mutant force are walking through a psychic memory and she gets ousted from it first. She shape-shifts once or twice but it's just for visual effect, there's no tactical use to it. even though it'd help A TON to sneak absorb someone...

She briefly fights Hyperion but they seem to be playing with the mutants. Not once does she try to absorb him. This writer is not endearing themselves to me...

Overall if you like Rogue, this issue is skippable. Nothing in it made me think the story was very thought out or was interesting. The big reveal at the end was a bit surprising but meh.

Might not buy the rest of the series, still deciding. Rating is a 2 out of 5 stars for me.
    end of spoilers
    I appreciate the review! I wasn't too hyped on this plot to begin with and doesn't sound like I'm missing much. Waiting for X-Men #1 for some good Rogue action.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I liked it. The art was cool and it was fun to see Rogue using her powers against Hyperion. The last page reveal made me want more!
    Did she use her powers? All I saw was some posing tbh. No force-fields, tactical use of shapeshifting or absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ
    I appreciate the review! I wasn't too hyped on this plot to begin with and doesn't sound like I'm missing much. Waiting for X-Men #1 for some good Rogue action.
    Yea I'd say just skip it personally.

Agreed that one preview page of Rogue in X-Men #1 basically beats out all of this issue in being exciting.

Anyway some Rogue art.

by KogiKogiKogi

by Damien Torres

by Robert Carey Comics

There is some anatomy issues with some of these and are heavily stylized but they look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is this some new stories or past battles?
    Just past stories... From their first confrontation to now.

Hopefully this isn't too spoiler-y but how does everyone feel regrading the revelations in X-Men #20?

Hickman again pulling hard on connections that Rogue has (Destiny's Dairies, CotV, Mystique) but not referencing Rogue at all.

I want Nightcrawler and Rogue in on Mystique's plan... like not planning to bring down Krakoa or anything, but at least on helping Raven to bring back Irene in some way.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

I’m just excited for Mystique to knock Xavier & Magneto down several pegs. Their egos will always be the downfall of mutants.

Rogue being so gungho for Krokoa when Mystique & Nightcrawler are both seeing the cracks is a bit of a bummer. I’d expect someone who was trained by Mystique & Destiny to be a bit more skeptical.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I’m just excited for Mystique to knock Xavier & Magneto down several pegs. Their egos will always be the downfall of mutants.

Rogue being so gungho for Krokoa when Mystique & Nightcrawler are both seeing the cracks is a bit of a bummer. I’d expect someone who was trained by Mystique & Destiny to be a bit more skeptical.
    This, exactly. Mystique's plot throughout this entire era has been the most interesting to me. I'm ready for her to burn it all down lol
    Make Good Art

Yea Xavier and Erik has been insufferable and their plan in #20 was so full of holes I'm surprised Raven didn't realize was a trap against her. If it's such an important mission why only send one mutant? I guess I'd blame her own ego but still.

But yea looking forward to "Inferno" but I really want Rogue involved more. Hickman mining the Carey goods but not appreciating the POV character.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yea Xavier and Erik has been insufferable and their plan in #20 was so full of holes I'm surprised Raven didn't realize was a trap against her. If it's such an important mission why only send one mutant? I guess I'd blame her own ego but still.
    Ok, this was my nit-picky complaint of that issue. spoilers:
    If this is Mystique's one chance to get her wife back, I don't believe for a second that she would allow for any screw-ups. Why wait until Nimrod is online to do anything? Why not blow the place sooner? It seemed like she was just there, watching as he was turned back online.
    end of spoilers

I'm guessing this is just "all part of Moira's plan" but it makes Mystique look bad.
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    This, exactly. Mystique's plot throughout this entire era has been the most interesting to me. I'm ready for her to burn it all down lol
    Same. Never thought I’d be cheering on Mystique to destroy everything but here we are.

I hope we don’t have a big reset when Hickman’s era ends because the fallout from all of this manipulation & Krokoa stuff is gonna be EPIC

Anyway some Rogue art.

by Damien Torres

by Robert Carey Comics

There is some anatomy issues with some of these and are heavily stylized but they look nice.
    Really like these 2. Would be nice to see that one in color.

E2f0kXSVUAABvde.jpg
    Second set of AoA Marvel Legends figures coming up.
    Art by David Nakayama. OG here: https://twitter.com/DavidNakayama/st...436696578?s=20

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hopefully this isn't too spoiler-y but how does everyone feel regrading the revelations in X-Men #20?

Hickman again pulling hard on connections that Rogue has (Destiny's Dairies, CotV, Mystique) but not referencing Rogue at all.

I want Nightcrawler and Rogue in on Mystique's plan... like not planning to bring down Krakoa or anything, but at least on helping Raven to bring back Irene in some way.
    I'm quite okies with Rogue off to the side doing her thing, living her life and loving her man. And not getting involved in Council affairs among Council members.

Other than be an angry voice of contention and support Mystique, what would we expect her to do as part of that situation? Beat Magneto and Xavier into submission? Go off on her own and try to resurrect Irene using mutant magic? Stand in front of Arbor Magna and scream at anyone who would listen?

Let the woman live and breathe a little.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm quite okies with Rogue off to the side doing her thing, living her life and loving her man. And not getting involved in Council affairs among Council members.

Other than be an angry voice of contention and support Mystique, what would we expect her to do as part of that situation? Beat Magneto and Xavier into submission? Go off on her own and try to resurrect Irene using mutant magic? Stand in front of Arbor Magna and scream at anyone who would listen?

Let the woman live and breathe a little.
    She's already has killed a council member once... a bit he was basically asking for.

As for what she would exactly do, burn Krakoa down if it's rotton. The X-Men have accepted Krakoa too easily without much critical thought, which only Nightcrawler has shown to do. I would expect Rogue to be asking questions herself, especially if it involves Destiny's Dairies and Irene. Rogue has always been important to Mystique, both as a parent and as a tool, so yes I would expect Mystique to at least ask her daughter to get involved if necessary.

And Rogue's an active member of the X-Men already, she's not off-duty. She already had her honeymoon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I made no mention of her being off duty.
    She was in Excalibur doing Magic stuff, soon she'll be an active X-Man for the world...her plate is going to be full enough as is.. She don't need to be all up in QC business, too.

"If necessary".
    I don't believe things have become so precarious that Raven needs her help at the moment.
    Rogue most likely doesn't know the full story of what's going on behind the scenes of the QC...nor is she and Raven aware of the existence of Destiny's diaries on Krakoa.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!