Page 36 of 127 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

I could see sort of see why Rogue was attracted to Scott. They do have some in common; little family to speak of and no control over their powers.

But yea, I don't think fighting over Scott was a very interesting plotline. It was clear Scott didn't feel the same and I cringed every time she tried to get his attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I could see sort of see why Rogue was attracted to Scott. They do have some in common; little family to speak of and no control over their powers.

But yea, I don't think fighting over Scott was a very interesting plotline. It was clear Scott didn't feel the same and I cringed every time she tried to get his attention.
    But isn't that life tho? I mean who HASN'T done something like that in their lives before. Yes embarrassing to say the least but she did get over it and moved on to Gambit. Ahhhh the walks of life. Isn't it grand

As for Rogue powers (I'm still on this), I strongly believe she is in the same boat as Selene and Emplate. On base on how her powers work. I don't see Rogue as a mimic or someone who mimics powers. She IS the that power or that being. As she stated in Evolution, "Your power is my power and I can take more than one." comes to mind. Like Wonderman's powerset, She has his powers. Granted a fraction of it but it's still his powers that she siphoned from him. Chrono (or anyone else ) help me understand why is Rogue being categorized w/characters like Hope, Synch, and Calvin. Would someone like Weapon Omega be on that list as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    As for Rogue powers (I'm still on this), I strongly believe she is in the same boat as Selene and Emplate. On base on how her powers work. I don't see Rogue as a mimic or someone who mimics powers. She IS the that power or that being. As she stated in Evolution, "Your power is my power and I can take more than one." comes to mind. Like Wonderman's powerset, She has his powers. Granted a fraction of it but it's still his powers that she siphoned from him. Chrono (or anyone else ) help me understand why is Rogue being categorized w/characters like Hope, Synch, and Calvin. Would someone like Weapon Omega be on that list as well?
    I think people do that bc functinoally they do the same thing (utilize other's powers) even though the method to do so is different

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think people do that bc functinoally they do the same thing (utilize other's powers) even though the method to do so is different
    That's valid. So the question is how can the writers make the method Pop to differentiate how completely different Rogue's power is to that of an actual mimic? I know we know the difference but doesn't that separate Rogue's powers in a sense when compared to others? It's like Selene/Emplate combined with Synch/Hope/Mimic.

That's valid. So the question is how can the writers make the method Pop to differentiate how completely different Rogue's power is to that of an actual mimic? I know we know the difference but doesn't that separate Rogue's powers in a sense when compared to others? It's like Selene/Emplate combined with Synch/Hope/Mimic.
    I dont think they need to as its not a power thats used all that often unlike lets say telepathy. Mimic is never used. Synch only just came back after a 20 year hiatus and Hope isnt used in combat much and the writers tend to focus more on her guns. Even Rogue seems to sparingly use her powers these days. What seperates her from the rest is the vampiric aspect of it as she does physical harm to her victims. She weakens them which isnt something that the others can do

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think they need to as its not a power thats used all that often unlike lets say telepathy. Mimic is never used. Synch only just came back after a 20 year hiatus and Hope isnt used in combat much and the writers tend to focus more on her guns. Even Rogue seems to sparingly use her powers these days. What seperates her from the rest is the vampiric aspect of it as she does physical harm to her victims. She weakens them which isnt something that the others can do
    I like your points. Thank you for the responses.

Rogue and Scott at best can be Friends.

Rogue belongs to Emma or Mags or Remy.

But isn't that life tho? I mean who HASN'T done something like that in their lives before. Yes embarrassing to say the least but she did get over it and moved on to Gambit. Ahhhh the walks of life. Isn't it grand
    lol I don't really blame Rogue for the crush, it just reminds me of times where I've embarrassed myself in front of people I liked, so thus I cringe in second hand embarrassment. But I'm glad it was something they dropped eventually, Rogue deserves her own love interest(s).

Rogue is the premier vampiric mimic in the X-Men and I'd go far as to say she competes with Parasite in DC as most well-known mimic in comics. unless you count Peter Petrelli and Skylar from Heroes or Sharingan users from the Naruto Manga but even then... I think it's understandable to compare her to other(s) whose power also function in similar ways like Synch, Hope and Mimic but I definitely agree they are in a separate category. Anyway we were talking about Hope's omega status as a power mimic and Rogue's powers seems to eclipse her.

Huh speaking of omega level there are multiple omega level reality warpers types out there (Quantam, Psionic, Universal) so I wonder if there could be an omega level vampiric mimic actually. But given how Hickman feels about Rogue, or a lack there of, I don't think she'd be considered one anyway.

Not that the label is really all that important, it's just speculation for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Rogue and Scott at best can be Friends.

Rogue belongs to Remy.
    My preference will always be...

Rogue & Remy

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-02-2021 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

lol I like Rogue and Remy fine, they have a lot in common and can play off each other well, but I'd be lying if I said Remy was my first choice for Rogue's partner. i blame some of the 90s writers for souring me on the pairing but KTs made me like them again

the confusion of Romy in the 90s in GIF form!

If something could've happened with Sam... also for some reason, I think Shiro would've been cute too, I blame that Alan Davis one-shot where Rogue embarrasses him then flirts the rest of the issue lol.

Anyway as long both characters treat each other respect I don't have any significant preferences for Rogue love interests. The only pairing I can say I hate with every fiber of my being is that sexist recton of Sentry and Rogue. someone at marvel, please reveal it was a bad fever dream

As far as Rogue and Remy go though I hope they can live a relatively drama-free comic life and beat the odds of staying a married couple. Well nuanced discord is fine because no couple is perfect but lets never relive Bizarre Love Triangle drama-truama levels again please. *still has PTSD from Milligans run*

Also I find it weird no writer has tried to bring Cody back. For a comic company that literally invented a revolving death door plot device, they've surprisingly stayed away from bringing him back even though he gets referenced a lot with Rogue's origin story. Especially weird considering how much potential Cody could have had for drama. You could have used him as legitimate rival against Gambit, a villain seeking revenge, or just someone to guilt trip Rogue on considering she's someone so deeply connected to her trauma(s) regarding control. There's was or is a lot of potential there.

The fact that TAS got there first but wasted it on a strange alien plotline...

Man... that weird Brood adjacent ep...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Rogneto is not a bad pairing but the backstory is bad

A happy alternarte universe where they are married kinda House of M

Ultimate Member

Their last relationship between Magneto and Rogue was just wrong, she basically acted like a lovesick schoolgirl around him the entire time and slept with him to see if she loved him or something along those lines....I also prefer Rogue with Remy...and in AoA Magneto hit on her and more when she was still a teenager, all under the lie of helping she and Remy be together...

For what it's worth, I'll always enjoy Rogue/Remy from X-Men: Evolution (T^T):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-03-2021 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.