Page 119 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Good thing I am a Rogue fan who also loves Jean and Lorna and Ev and Scott and Laura and Shiro...and never read a team book solely for one character.
    Thank God "" "" "" you're a Rogue fan "" "" "" sarcasm mode off.

Seriously, Rogue fans are not happy with his wallpaper role in this book, I know because I have spoken privately with some, many Rogue fans are very disappointed with his participation in this terrible book, and I will return to you I repeat, at least in Excalibur he did a lot of cool things (and in that book its permanence was designed for the long term not only for 12 issues as is the premise of this book) and if it was central several times or the one that saved the day, here it only gives a generic hit, which does not contribute anything and the rest of the wallpaper.
    even less and less appears.

And this is a Zzzzzz undercover jean book.

We're going for issue 5 and it's only 12 issues rhis team, and do you really still think that Rogue isn't just a bait to attract sales?
    that she can contribute in the remaining numbers, Captain Krakoa's topics are obviously not going to focus on her, and supposedly there is also a topic that they should focus on Laura, so that in a single issue (and with good luck) do for end something important justifies SHe stay here where it was only a sales bait?
    Well no, it's not worth it.

Nothing against Jean really, she is easy among the 20 characters that I like the most, but I like Jean in truly group books, I would not pay anything for something by Jean Grey solo, because she makes me such a GRAY and boring character xD , so i prefer that out there or youtube or they post jean's solo stuff for free.

But this book was sold as a team book and it is not, it is an undercover book by Jean, with a supporting cast, just as X-MenLegacy was by Rogue solo for many many years, at least with XML they did not fool us and tell you As long as the main character was Rogue, which we were not told here with Jean, that in all the issues she has something to say and we have her annoying background voice in all the numbers and she is the one that says the last word etc ...

Only that should have really said the premise of the book, and thus let the fans of other characters decide if they decided to lose TIME AND MONEY.
    in a solo by Jean (yawns) Grey Zzzzzzz.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's not worth it...to you. And that's okies.
    As a comic book fan first, then as an X-Men fan and then as a fan of many X-characters...I disagree.

Bottom line...at least one of us is enjoying our favourite hobby.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's not worth it...to you. And that's okies.
    As a comic book fan first, then as an X-Men fan and then as a fan of many X-characters...I disagree.

Bottom line...at least one of us is enjoying our favourite hobby.
    It's not worth it to me or to real Rogue fans, and I'm not the only one who has complained about its lack of representation in this book.
    And if I repeat it again we are practically halfway through the useful life of this book, and Rogue has done nothing at all just being filler and bait for sales (I already understand why Remy fans were complaining so much about Excalibur in their first year).

Of course if you like JeanZzzz GreyZzzz (yawning) more than Rogue of course you have no problem at all with this book darling XD, this book is an oral work for Jean absolutely.

Goddess knows I've tried...but some things are just not worth the effort.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    It's not worth it to me or to real Rogue fans, and I'm not the only one who has complained about its lack of representation in this book.
    And if I repeat it again we are practically halfway through the useful life of this book, and Rogue has done nothing at all just being filler and bait for sales (I already understand why Remy fans were complaining so much about Excalibur in their first year).

Of course if you like JeanZzzz GreyZzzz (yawning) more than Rogue of course you have no problem at all with this book darling XD, this book is an oral work for Jean absolutely.
    And you are no one to determine who is a Rogue fan. It’s okay to be unhappy or not like something. But none of us here are responsible for your unhappiness. I am a fan of Rogue, Synch, Polaris, and Jean Grey and I love Duggans book. I have mo complaints. I’m enjoying this era of X-Men. If it’s really making you so unhappy you might stop buying the books because it seems silly to me to pay for what makes you unhappy. But it’s your money and time. Do whatever you want to do.

BANNED

Goddess knows I've tried...but some things are just not worth the effort.
    Exactly. X-Men is the flagship title and I love it. Other pudo have the right to hate it if that is how they feel, but it doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of it. Different Strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Exactly. X-Men is the flagship title and I love it. Other pudo have the right to hate it if that is how they feel, but it doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of it. Different Strokes for different folks.
    You can love it and it is valid, but for Rogue the title so far has been a total disgusting, it is the jean book, I suppose if you like jean more than Rogue obviously you will not have any problem, but I am supposed to be a team book NO A BOOK OF JEAN (bored Zzzz) MASKED, and I insist I have spoken privately with other fans.
    of Rogue and most of us agree.

The positive, despite the horrible streak she has had throughout this era of Krakoa, she will return to TV on Disney plus and with all her classic powers that are the most useful for a superhero and are the ones we usually like the most to us the young audience, not other more boring powersets. So that plus her funny personality and her trump card hee powers of absorption, our girl is back, Rogue will be relevant again from the hand of Disney + and the MCU in a year and a half, so not everything is bad, after that obviously it will gain more interest and relevance in the comics.

And how do we know when being on tv or the cinema reaches more audiences than only in comics, that the number of people who arrive at the comcis (its Japanese manga would be another story lol) is insignificant compared to what heroes arrive in series from tv etc, how I said if it were a manga it would be something else manga >>>> XD comics.

So good things are coming for our Girl, and by then the black stage that is happening now in the comics will also end, since the reborn popularity of her by the majority of the public will also benefit her in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yupp. Pretty much.

If you can love it, only if you are not more of a Rogue fan more than the rest, worse Rogue here only have 3 times With a wallpaper, they did not show it nor were they waking up nor in the final and predictable part when they are interacting with the locals... Where is Rogue? XD

Emma appeared as a guest and had more lines and better treatment than Rogue, and when that happens you know something is wrong.

You only have to see the difference when Rogue was in UNcanny Avengers, in AXmen, in RogueandGambit, or in MransMRSx the thread was full of interaction every time a new issue came out, heck even with EXcalibur we had to debate, but since it is in this I book the thread at least with its appearances or it is dead or it is frustrating, and I refer to the tests.

While I don't agree with Sylarmax on the gatekeeping on who and who isn't a fan of the character, I will agree X-Men has been a bit frustrating if you are reading primarily for Rogue. I went into this series wanting more focus for her than Excalibur and while she hasn't been in a coma for the first four issues like with Tini, at least there was slight pay-off when she got that moment with Apocaypse at the end of the arc.

So far, it's been five issues with X-Men and Rogue really has felt superfluous. Her best and only distinct moment was when she punched High Evolutionary in the face but then disappeared the rest of the fight which was unsatisfying. Otherwise she's been in the background punching things with little to no dialogue.

I also agree that Jean, Cyclops and Synch has been getting an inordinate amount of focus so far. Synch I get and am fine with, he deserves it after being gone so long, but I've gotten my fill of Cyclops and Jean since Krakoa started, their POVs I'm less interested tbh. I was hoping for other characters to get a chance to shine. (at least Shiro has been getting his moments here and there but he's almost as underserved as Rogue)

I know Duggan has been having this problem since Marauders on balancing his cast. Maybe it's always been there even in UA, but I noticed it less because Rogue was a clear focus. Either way, we're almost half-way through and I hope we finally get some Rogue focus in the later half of this series. So far it has been underwhelming, I'm kinda tired of waiting for Rogue to get a nice moment after 2+ years of Tini. (though other characters have had to wait longer I suppose, poor Gambit...)
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 11-27-2021 at 12:04 AM.

It could be that since he wrote her extensively in his UA Duggan feels he needs to focus on the characters and their stories the ones he's not overly familiar with like Synch and Lorna and Laura to establish their voices and characters. It doesn't mean he's neglecting Rogue out of "spite" but more out of familiarity, and it's just that he's not gotten around to her yet...it's only been five issues.

And again, it's not as though she's been lying in a coma for all these five issues.

WTF ... he has not approached anything to the other characters only Jean mainly, and after let's say the secondary Synch, he did not name Scott because he uses him more as an accessory to Jean. The rest have only taken crumbs, this is an undercover Jean solo and that's the big scam, because they didn't sell it that way.....Hell if even in Lorna's focus problem, we had the annoying voice of Jean in the background stealing the camera.

And he stops saying "we only have 5 issues" this team is only designed for what we know to have only 12 issues, you know that right?
    and how I said each number counts, and yet even in the issues "dedicated to other characters" it does not prevent Jean from stealing the show and we have to put up with her boring monologues.

I insist if you like Jean Gray more than the rest of the cast this book will seem spectacular lol, for the rest of us it is frustrating.

And again, it's not as though she's been lying in a coma for all these five issues.
    And yes she has not been in a coma but it is even worse, it is only a wallpaper, and less and less effective even as a wallpaper, in this issue 5 it is the one that appeared the least and the one that had the fewest lines OF EVERYONE on the cast, even Emma in a single scan as a guest she had more lines and development than Rogue in this issue, and how can we forget the previous issue that Rogue did not even appear as wallpaper.
    So things are even worse.

1) Rogue in Excalibur issue 1 had more panels lines of dialogue and development here, than Rogue in all these 5 issues combined from Xmen (Jean only).

2) In the coma issues we still saw her more times and there was more reference to her by Remy Apo and Betsy, than what we have had of her in xmen as wallpaper.

3) Excalibur issue 5 was entirely for Rogue to show off, and she ended up beating up Apo.
    in X-men?
    she appears less and less and with less literal dialogues she is the one who has had the least dialogues because I reviewed.

In short, even in a coma, Anna was more important and mentioned in Excalibur than here.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 11-27-2021 at 05:41 AM.

I want to give Duggan the benefit for the doubt which I can't in actual honesty because of how Marauders ended up being, but even if he is just waiting for an issue to focus on her, I think he could have managed sub-plots better in terms of pacing. There's no reason to have people be frustrated regarding a characters role in a book, if you pace things well and give them a role that is more than fluff.

Claremont is a master of this, he'd take months to get back to character or situation but it was rare for a character to feel superfluous in his run(s) because he was good about giving every characters their "moments". I think this is something writers like Duggan and Howard struggle with. You could argue this is a line wide problem with modern comic books due to the limited time they have on books, but there are clearly writers that are able to manage this better than others (Wells, Ayala) and those who cannot (Duggan, Howard).

Anyway, I'm not at the point yet where I want Rogue out this book but sadly I'm really not enjoying his use of her. Even just as muscle wallpaper, she's not really been that entertaining.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure the only "character work/development" we've gotten for her in these issues is arguing w/ Gambit.

I think Duggan isn't the writer for the leading X-title.Rogue's just one of the many things he's messed up IMO.