Page 108 of 127 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1891

The High Evolutionary LIED about bringing out Rogue's "full potential". For one thing, his scientist never got to finish testing Rogue because Rogue was broken out being held by the scientist by Wanda and Pietro. We never saw Simon Williams's potential for size-changing ability or being able to project percussion blasts from her eyes and hands. We didn't even see Rogue's potential for power recall.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    The High Evolutionary LIED about bringing out Rogue's "full potential". For one thing, his scientist never got to finish testing Rogue because Rogue was broken out being held by the scientist by Wanda and Pietro. We never saw Simon Williams's potential for size-changing ability or being able to project percussion blasts from her eyes and hands. We didn't even see Rogue's potential for power recall.
    Indeed. And I do miss her template recall!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Exactly HE knows nothing of Rogue's full potential, since Rogue ran away, and her assistant was fascinated with her.

So hee did lie. Or bad Duggan writing.

Anyway I think we must resign ourselves to go Duggan will only exploit his powers of flying brick, of the mutant powers of Rogue we can forget while Duggan writes it.

I could bear it if Rogue was the main focus of the cast as a UA, but no, Rogue is not up to writing but she seems like a guest in the book, you just have to see the difference with UA.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well we have perhaps 9 more issues to go. So it's always hard to pass any sort of judgement this early. All we can do is look at what we have and the trends that are going on. If we look at that and try to speculate anyway: we will have more focus on Synch coming. Laura and Synch romantic story. One story with Laura fighting against many opponents in a sort of hopeless situation(perhaps with Synch). This is just me speculating but I can see Duggan going this way. More of Rogue as a flying Brick. Some fun scene, perhaps a drinking one, with Lorna. Possibly a synergy scene with Rogue and Synch nearing the end of the run. And of course more Jean and Cylops being the leaders and the team statement and all that hubbla.

Hopefully you're right, but I'm not so optimistic, we only have 12 issues with this group, well less because we are going for 3. and Rogue has seemed like a filler more than anything else.

And how I said Duggan wrote it in UA, and he never used his absorption powers in missions, he only used his other flying brick powers, the difference is that in UA Rogue was the leader and the central focus, here, well he seems a cute filling .

This was the perfect issue to make Rogue show off her history with the HE, and not the opposite, all she did was give a generic punch, and few lines of dialogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Exactly HE knows nothing of Rogue's full potential, since Rogue ran away, and her assistant was fascinated with her.

So hee did lie. Or bad Duggan writing.

Anyway I think we must resign ourselves to go Duggan will only exploit his powers of flying brick, of the mutant powers of Rogue we can forget while Duggan writes it.

I could bear it if Rogue was the main focus of the cast as a UA, but no, Rogue is not up to writing but she seems like a guest in the book, you just have to see the difference with UA.
    I’m not resigning myself to anything. I let writers do their job and either I enjoy the stories I don’t. I don’t try to micromanage details or think writers are my personal writers to write out my own fantasies. Things I don’t like, I don’t buy. I do like the current X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m not resigning myself to anything. I let writers do their job and either I enjoy the stories I don’t. I don’t try to micromanage details or think writers are my personal writers to write out my own fantasies. Things I don’t like, I don’t buy. I do like the current X-Men.
    With Rogue it is not doing a good job at all is the point, and I am not saying it is writing badly, but I insist Rogue looks like a nice wallpaper.

That the book seems bad to me?
    Well, it is not, it is the best in Xbooks, has it been good to Rogue? Hell no, not hear the same writter from UA. At least not for Rogue.

And with the use of his absorbing powers there is evidence from two years at UA, Rogue finally used his powers of absorption when he switched writers, not with Duggan. FACTS

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Indeed. And I do miss her template recall!
    At some point, it will be necessary to return to the Rogue issue by rechanneling the template of past powers, it is the final and maximum evolution of Rogue's powers.

And that is established by Claremont even before the Xtreme thing happened many many years before, in the 80's Rogue showed in an issue, that really all that she has absorbed "temporarily" really is not like that, She clones the DNA template and the power of the person, Whe only has to learn recanalization on his own, remember this was many years before Xtreme, and it was already described within Rogue's future capabilities to recanalize past powers, with facts not with theories how it happens with other characters.

That is why we do see future versions of Rogue with control, they all have this capacity to a greater or lesser extent and they all have multiple powers, I understand why it is something delicate, Rogue is already very powerful as it is also in control and with such a diverse powerset that she currently has, but we know that rechanneling powers is her official and safe evolution, when they will approach it we do not know, but I would like us to see her in full development of this capacity in some future history, there is a lot of potential for history no explored there.

By the way rereading the revolution stage of CLAREMONT, he was also the first to show the other evolved ability of Rogue's powers, the remote absorption, he showed it in a fight against the Neo when Rogue's powers went crazy for a few moments, and it was more aggressive than how Kelly showed it, it absorbed and left Colossus instantly, I assume because the energy beam on that occasion was concentrated, unlike how Kelly showed it that the energy aura was more dispersed, but CLAREMONT also was the first to display this dormant ability within Rogue's natural powers.

Agreed With You .

Ironically for YEARS since she gained control of her powers, Rogue had a kind of guardian role with the xkids, because their powers Rogue uses them with control and better than them, the same thing happened with several adults.

We literally have years of history on this, which is why it's so frustrating that Duggan doesn't like Rogue's absorbing powers.
    And as you say she should be doing the same thing that she is doing Synch, because she does the same as him and much more, and tactically it would help much more to have successful missions.

But lamentably the answer to this is, Duggan likes Rogue with the flying brick powers, but at the same time he does not like her absorption powers, it seems very contradictory, but it is a fact I can support myself from the two years that he was in Uncanny Avengers and how he never used absorption powers in missions, when Rogue started using all of her powers, including absorption ones, is when Digan left Uncanny Avengers, which is why I consider Jim Zub to be a much better writer for Rogue, the balances all her powers.

Well the truth is that scene did not even bother me, since it is the opinion of the HE that he is never right lol, I assume that it impresses him more because he mimics without touching.
    but Synch is very limited , but well I don't mind that it has a bit of exposure, we know this with characters that never lasts.
    and Rogue is a character A, probably after this book Synch falls back to limbo, let's say it's the safest thing, if Monet tried to boost her and they couldn't make her stellar I doubt they will do it with Synch.

But Synch only does that and nothing else, Rogue does that and much much more, she can take powers, emotions, minds, physical and intellectual abilities, and vital energy, in addition to being able to stay permanently disabled powers, and remote absorption as well. It is a latent ability of Rogue, it is quite obvious she is much more powerful.

But how I said this boils down to how Duggan loves Rogue with the flying brick powers, but she never liked her absorbing powers one bit.

I am psyched that as long as Duggan writes about Rogue she will have the powers of invulnerability, super strength.
    flight and increased speed, but her absorbing powers will sadly not exist X_x unless another writer simultaneously writes her to Duggan.

Although in honor of Duggan I liked the mention that Rogue has a Hulk level strength now.

I don't mean I told you but I did tell you, with Synch there They were going to sacrifice Rogue's absorption powers, just so Synch made sense to be on the team.

And Rogue would only be the generic flying brick, which ok not bad is one of the greatest heavyweights of Marvel and almost impossible to assassinate currently, but the funniest thing about Rogue is that he uses his absorption powers in conjunction with the brick powers flying.

But as you can see, in this book she is the only one in the group who has not used her mutant powers, while Synch does not stop using them, something that Rogue could be doing as well, especially when she does much more than just imitate powers.

But I said it, we already had Duggan reference with Rogue.
    I can only assume that you never read the Phalanx Covenant and Generation X comics. Starting out as a young newbie, Everett was able to mimic the power matrix if multiple mutants and superhumans at one once. An additional effect of his mutation was superior mastery of whatever that power matrix was be it physical manifestation, energy or matter manipulation. These things are basic cannon any of us can read it. I understand that you don't like Duggan's narrative of Synch being powerful than Rogue, personally I have always thought of the 2 of them as slightly different powers, while still both being top tier power houses. Dogging one cause you like the other is a little much. Rogue is a chick, and I like the visual of her being a power vamp that uses physical contact.

Agreed.

Both their powers function differently. Synch is a true mimic, he is able to copy from a distance. It makes sense for Higher Evolutionary to view Synch as a more efficient mimic, as Rogue always has to take a risk by getting close to her opponent to use her powers. Even the recent power upgrade with KT, it's only around 6 m or so and that's seemingly been forgotten by both Tini and Duggan, for better or worse.

That said... if HE was looking for the most powerful mimic, that would actually be Hope. But it may be an experience thing, as Synch does have 3000 or so years over Hope, even if raw power wise she's probably able to mimic more than he is. Similiar to the situation where you compare skilled telepaths like Emma and Xavier to omega telepaths like Jean or Quintin.

As for Rogue, neither Synch or Hope strip or weaken the abilities of who they copy so that will always make Rogue different and at times more effective in battle than either. Rogue also has the ability to store and keep powers far longer than they do, effectively adding to her powers, so in a sense she's much more independent than they are. Synch against a robot is going to a very rough time, Rogue less so.

Anyway, the comment didn't bother me much because it's just a statement from a villian, who entered the scene carrying a virus intending to wipe out humanity and frequently lies. I do believe HE thinks Synch's DNA will be useful but it's not really a testament to what either Rogue or Synch are really capable of.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 09-27-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Agreed.

Both their powers function differently. Synch is a true mimic, he is able to copy from a distance. It makes sense for Higher Evolutionary to view Synch as a more efficient mimic, as Rogue always has to take a risk by getting close to her opponent to use her powers. Even the recent power upgrade with KT, it's only around 6 m or so and that's seemingly been forgotten by both Tini and Duggan, for better or worse.

That said... if HE was looking for the most powerful mimic, that would actually be Hope. But it may be an experience thing, as Synch does have 3000 or so years over Hope, even if raw power wise she's probably able to mimic more than he is. Similiar to the situation where you compare skilled telepaths like Emma and Xavier to omega telepaths like Jean or Quintin.

As for Rogue, neither Synch or Hope strip or weaken the abilities of who they copy so that will always make Rogue different and at times more effective in battle than either. Rogue also has the ability to store and keep powers far longer than they do, effectively adding to her powers, so in a sense she's much more independent than they are. Synch against a robot is going to a very rough time, Rogue less so.

Anyway, the comment didn't bother me much because it's just a statement from a villian, who entered the scene carrying a virus intending to wipe out humanity and frequently lies. I do believe HE thinks Synch's DNA will be useful but it's not really a testament to what either Rogue or Synch are really capable of.
    It depends that we consider how "more powerful" because Hope is not, if we go in number of powers Hope is last because she is fatigued, while Rogue until now has been able to contain hundreds of powers, Synch I know that she has had problems with multiple powers.

So how I said depends on whether we consider how "more powerful".
    because if we go to facts and potential Rogue is ahead of the others, even Mimic.

but I understand what you say Rogue works differently and her powers are more and more extensive not only imitation, but we cannot be blind that one of her powers of absorption is that, although she does many more things, and in containment and potential demonstrable is the one that goes to the head.

I want him.

Now. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I want him.

Now. ��
    SO cool art. Tks

Also remembering Rogue's powers are not just one, they are several, that when she has no control they are all intermingled, but they are independent powers that she can separate as we saw in legacy.

Power mimicry is only a small part of Rogue's powers, and although it is the most visible it is not the most amazing really as Dr. Pandemic said, she also has the absorption vital energy intake, and the power to take thoughts, emotions, and emotions. take physical and intellectual characteristics.

Doctor Pandemic was obsessed with Rogue's powers they considered Rogue the most impressive of all Xavier's students, and all of Xavier's students (including many of the confirmed Omega lol) and the GenX passed through the hands of Doctor Pandemic, and Rogue and her unpotential was his obsession.

If I remember correctly, Doctor Pandemian was only able to duplicate one of Rogue's powers, he said that he could only duplicate a part of them but not the powers that interested him the most, he managed to duplicate Rogue's power-taking power, and I'm not sure if it took vital energy, but I am sure that he couldn't duplicate the taking of emotions, the taking of memories, and the taking of physical and intellectual characteristics, he couldn't duplicate it, and that had him frustrated.

Mad scientists often obsess over our girl's powers lol.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 10-03-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I can only assume that you never read the Phalanx Covenant and Generation X comics. Starting out as a young newbie, Everett was able to mimic the power matrix if multiple mutants and superhumans at one once. An additional effect of his mutation was superior mastery of whatever that power matrix was be it physical manifestation, energy or matter manipulation. These things are basic cannon any of us can read it. I understand that you don't like Duggan's narrative of Synch being powerful than Rogue, personally I have always thought of the 2 of them as slightly different powers, while still both being top tier power houses. Dogging one cause you like the other is a little much. Rogue is a chick, and I like the visual of her being a power vamp that uses physical contact.

I have all the comcis of Gnext so you cannot fool me, he has never made massive duplicates of powers, in fact I can tell you the times that he has been overwhelmed and failed with the taking of other powers such as Monet's or those of of Emplate among others.

[B]He is very limited to distance, and he does not maintain powers for long, and that was a singer in all of Gnext, I must remind you how he died ????
    and Monet wasn't even very far away lol[
    /B]

I have no problem exploring the characters, in any case it will never be better or more important than Rogue, but if they are going to give it characteristics of Rogue's powers, for example being able to take non-mutant powers ..... Synch was exclusively limited to mutants, the one that has always been able to adapt to any source of power is Rogue ... well if they do these things with minimal Synch they should give Rogue its absorption at a distance.
    It really bothers me that there are only 3 writers who want to explore the enormous potential of Rogue's powers (CLAREMONT, Carey, Kelly Tompson).
    the others take it as a simple mimic of power like Synch, but something better because they take into account the thing of leaving in a coma and weakening at least.

On the other hand, Rogue, since its creation, was designed to use the powers just as strong or even enhance them, in addition to always having the ability to stay with them permanently, in addition to knowing with facts that she can rechannel powers that she took in the past a lot of things Synch has never done.

I have all the comcis of Gnext so you cannot fool me, he has never made massive duplicates of powers, in fact I can tell you the times that he has been overwhelmed and failed with the taking of other powers such as Monet's or those of of Emplate among others.

[B]He is very limited to distance, and he does not maintain powers for long, and that was a singer in all of Gnext, I must remind you how he died ????
    and Monet wasn't even very far away lol[
    /B]

I have no problem exploring the characters, in any case it will never be better or more important than Rogue, but if they are going to give it characteristics of Rogue's powers, for example being able to take non-mutant powers ..... Synch was exclusively limited to mutants, the one that has always been able to adapt to any source of power is Rogue ... well if they do these things with minimal Synch they should give Rogue its absorption at a distance.
    It really bothers me that there are only 3 writers who want to explore the enormous potential of Rogue's powers (CLAREMONT, Carey, Kelly Tompson).
    the others take it as a simple mimic of power like Synch, but something better because they take into account the thing of leaving in a coma and weakening at least.

On the other hand, Rogue, since its creation, was designed to use the powers just as strong or even enhance them, in addition to always having the ability to stay with them permanently, in addition to knowing with facts that she can rechannel powers that she took in the past a lot of things Synch has never done.
    Even before his resurrection he was able to duplicate Spiderman's powers. If you remember correctly, Emplate corrupted Everett and his powers for a while. I think that would legit count for the fluctuations. As for him dying in the explosion ANY fan of Generation X will tell you that was trash writing. Similar to what you are saying about Duggan. Surely you can acknowledge that is highly probable. Btw way dude did mimic the powers of Banshee, Sabertooth, and Jubilee all at once, at his first manifestation...as a teenager. Xavier confirmed when he's reached full adulthood he may be one of the most powerful mutants ever. Hey this is Rogue's thread and ya girl is still an excellent character, I don't care for hating on cool posters.