Page 104 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1891

Rogue didn't have to be a main character, but she deserved at least an appearance. Even if her relationship with Mystique is strained, she was very close to Irene and would have thoughts/feelings on her being resurrected.

But I'm sure we'll get plenty more time with the same favorite characters again rather than give Rogue a moment.

Perfectly glad that Hickman is leaving.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

To what point though should she make an appearance?
    To say how much she misses Irene and scream at Moira and Xavier then storm off in a huff? (leaving all the Rogue fans even more disgruntled at HiX-Man because Rogue didn't "handle the sitch" right proper)
    Unless her actions and presence weren't going to significantly impact the plot direction and the main characters involved then...she doesn't need to be there.
    I could easily see HiX-Man writing her in because yes...Irene/Raven, it would make sense but...for the sake of a tighter script and story edits would have to be made.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To what point though should she make an appearance?
    To say how much she misses Irene and scream at Moira and Xavier then storm off in a huff? (leaving all the Rogue fans even more disgruntled at HiX-Man because Rogue didn't "handle the sitch" right proper)
    Unless her actions and presence weren't going to significantly impact the plot direction and the main characters involved then...she doesn't need to be there.
    I could easily see HiX-Man writing her in because yes...Irene/Raven, it would make sense but...for the sake of a tighter script and story edits would have to be made.
    You could easily give her a single scene talking to Mystique to help shape the plot and give insight to Mystique's plans. Even if it's in a flashback. It would cost nothing and acknowledge the relationship.

I promise you there will be a character or scene included somewhere in this story that could have been swapped out to give Rogue her due.

Her not being there is conspicuous.

Simply put, she was never a character that was a priority for him.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Not to mention the inner conflict Rogue would have between wanting Irene back and working as a newly appointed X-Man would have been very interesting and could have very well been used as a plot point, even a small one
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Not to mention the inner conflict Rogue would have between wanting Irene back and working as a newly appointed X-Man would have been very interesting and could have very well been used as a plot point, even a small one
    Ooohhhh, yes! That's also a super valid point. I would have loved that story. For Rogue, competing loyalties against her status as an upstanding superhero is a running theme.

Considering she was never a part of that Xavier/Moira/Mystique/Destiny plot to begin with, to basically shoe-horn her in now (as a kind of "show-up, scream, then leave" guest-appearance, is kind of...weak, from a story-telling standpoint.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

If that’s the only way the story could be written, yes, it would be weak, but that’s a very limited view on character interactions and plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Considering she was never a part of that Xavier/Moira/Mystique/Destiny plot to begin with, to basically shoe-horn her in now (as a kind of "show-up, scream, then leave" guest-appearance, is kind of...weak, from a story-telling standpoint.
    That plot hasn't been touched that much. The general view was that when it came into play and started then Rogue could easily join in. As whatever happens with that story will have a huge impact on her. Unless of course it ends with Destiny not being resurrected and Mystique being slapped on the fingers and told "don't do that again young lady".

Hickman controls the narrative. He crafts the stories. He can craft whatever story he wants. He can do Inferno and not use Cyclops. He can do whatver he wants and rational it as the story would be better without that element. He would probably be right since it was he who came up with the story and executed it. The question is when he is doing it in a franchise as the X-men: should he?

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    If that’s the only way the story could be written, yes, it would be weak, but that’s a very limited view on character interactions and plot.
    Exactly! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    That plot hasn't been touched that much. The general view was that when it came into play and started then Rogue could easily join in. As whatever happens with that story will have a huge impact on her. Unless of course it ends with Destiny not being resurrected and Mystique being slapped on the fingers and told "don't do that again young lady".

Hickman controls the narrative. He crafts the stories. He can craft whatever story he wants. He can do Inferno and not use Cyclops. He can do whatver he wants and rational it as the story would be better without that element. He would probably be right since it was he who came up with the story and executed it. The question is when he is doing it in a franchise as the X-men: should he?
    Well...this is his plot, from inception. So...yes, it's entirely his prerogative. And understandably so.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Conceptually, assuming if she knew what was going on...(I don't believe Raven would have confided in her, even if there was opportunity), would Rogue be okies with:

Moira and Charles not resurrecting Irene for...reasons? No.
    Charles playing Mystique for a fool? No.
    Mystique destroying everything they've built up to that point for the sake of her one love? I don't think so.

Either way, someone would be feeling her Southern wrath.

He literally said he cut her out of the story and regrets it - i.e. the story makes more sense and would have been a bigger, longer story with her in it. Probably also better. It makes no sense that she's not involved. Rogue belongs somewhere in the story of bringing back or attempting to bring back her mother, Irene.

AW, c'mon!!!! Bad Hickman!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    AIPT: As we wrap up, is there any story beat or character you regret you didn’t get around to working on?

Jonathan: Character-wise, I had to pull all the Rogue stuff out of Inferno and I’m pretty bummed about that. We just didn’t have the real estate. I almost asked for an additional issue or even bigger issues, but the former came with calendar/scheduling problems, and the latter wasn’t possible without bringing in another artist. So I had to move on.

... anger rising ... @%$# ... guess this just confirms what we already knew, that Rogue won't have any part in Inferno which is frankly ridiculous.
    This shows everyone saying Hickman hates Rogue was wrong.
    He really needed it to be done by his timeline, but it was interfered w/

Extraordinary Member

Rogue didn't have to be a main character, but she deserved at least an appearance. Even if her relationship with Mystique is strained, she was very close to Irene and would have thoughts/feelings on her being resurrected.

But I'm sure we'll get plenty more time with the same favorite characters again rather than give Rogue a moment.

Perfectly glad that Hickman is leaving.
    You could easily give her a single scene talking to Mystique to help shape the plot and give insight to Mystique's plans. Even if it's in a flashback. It would cost nothing and acknowledge the relationship.

I promise you there will be a character or scene included somewhere in this story that could have been swapped out to give Rogue her due.

Her not being there is conspicuous.

Simply put, she was never a character that was a priority for him.
    This feels a bit backwards.Most of the characters that are his priority are the ones who are ingrained in the plot.Rogue like most others can be ingrained and Hickman clearly wanted to bring her in, but he won't sacrifice the story for a character which is the sign of a great storyteller.Never let your personal preference get in the way of the plot, if he gives Rogue or anyone else place when he says it's jam packed we loose important stuff.
    Ideally he should have gotten space to write all of it, shame Rogue isn't getting the Hickman treatment.