Page 105 of 127 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This shows everyone saying Hickman hates Rogue was wrong.
    He really needed it to be done by his timeline, but it was interfered w/
    I don't think he hates the character, but I do think he is absolutely indifferent to her. As the writer, he had all the power in his court to prioritize her as a character in this story or not, and he chose to cut her out. She was a low priority, even in a story where she absolutely belonged. He could have worked her in if he had really wanted to. He could have included her in other storylines or arcs too and he chose not to.

As a Rogue fan, all I can say is good riddance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I don't think he hates the character, but I do think he is absolutely indifferent to her. As the writer, he had all the power in his court to prioritize her as a character in this story or not, and he chose to cut her out. She was a low priority, even in a story where she absolutely belonged. He could have worked her in if he had really wanted to. He could have included her in other storylines or arcs too and he chose not to.

As a Rogue fan, all I can say is good riddance.
    My point is I think he wanted to have her here, but it was either her or plot.If not plot it was fleshing out characters central to Inferno(Plot) which Rogue isn't.She can and should have played a big supporting role but she isn't the main cast and thus isn't a priority.

Yeah, I understand fully.Rogue isn't benefitting from this, but the plot is which I am okay w/ but I can see why many wouldn't.

This shows everyone saying Hickman hates Rogue was wrong.
    He really needed it to be done by his timeline, but it was interfered w/

He does hate her, he used many characters, including several z lists. And he not only wrote a story but also wrote at least two regular books, and he constantly work with Mystique and Destiny, and we couldn't get a flashback of KIDRogue? or at least a thought about why one of her mothers is not resurrected? Please, however we do not stop receiving nonsense from the same characters that he always uses, he even made that horrible polyamorous relationship of Jean writing it out of character, and changing the sexuality of Scott and Wolverine to bisexual, I say against the latter I have no problems, but seriously didn't have time to at least write something about Rogue?
    XD don't try to justify it.

Also, he constantly used story and person concepts over and over again, which were either created for Rogue by other writers, or were related to Rogue, but if he used these stories and characters but not Rogue, BRAVO.

The entire time hickman was in the X-office was a total trolling for Rogue and us fans of her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rogue in X-Men 03 by Pepe Larraz.
    Rogue by Pepe larraz 01.jpg
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I love Pepe but it is something very, very strange for me that I draw Rogue with a double glove XD.
    at first I thought it was a mistake of the colorist but it seems like not lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    He does hate her, he used many characters, including several z lists. And he not only wrote a story but also wrote at least two regular books, and he constantly work with Mystique and Destiny, and we couldn't get a flashback of KIDRogue? or at least a thought about why one of her mothers is not resurrected? Please, however we do not stop receiving nonsense from the same characters that he always uses, he even made that horrible polyamorous relationship of Jean writing it out of character, and changing the sexuality of Scott and Wolverine to bisexual, I say against the latter I have no problems, but seriously didn't have time to at least write something about Rogue?
    XD don't try to justify it.

Also, he constantly used story and person concepts over and over again, which were either created for Rogue by other writers, or were related to Rogue, but if he used these stories and characters but not Rogue, BRAVO.

The entire time hickman was in the X-office was a total trolling for Rogue and us fans of her.
    1)What Z listers?
    2)He wrote an X-men book that was quite council and Summers family.Rogue doesn't fit in either.She can fit if the writer wants, but the fact she isn't there doesn't show hate.It's indifference at best.Also did new mutants where rogue has no relations.Rogue was being used by Tini.
    3)That's on Excalibur, she was a member of excalibur and under Tini's hat.
    4)We only saw one flashback under Hickman regarding Mystique Destiny and it was about Krakoa and her resurrection.
    5)All characters are OOC, agreed. Hix-man is plot over character, the main ones to his plot(Charles,Erik, etc.) can get both, others not so much
    6)We haven't gotten confirmation on the Scott Logan thing, maybe Jean is just doing open.And Hickman says in this interview maybe Scott is too(w/ Emma).
    7)What story or concepts were created by other writers for Rogue?All set-up for this was by Hickman.Rogue's only connection is through her mothers, her role to Hickman plot is as important as Pyro's.Both have the mother connection, Rogue is just a more popular character.
    8)Again that's on Tini.We can't act like he just took rogue out of X-books.She was a part of X-books and Hickman did not dictate what characters writers can choose(unless he was using them), and what and how to write them.They was a lot of room and the writers even put his plan to a halt to the point he left.

You and Rogue fans are right to be angry, but it's not on Hickman.it's on Tini.

1)What Z listers?
    2)He wrote an X-men book that was quite council and Summers family.Rogue doesn't fit in either.She can fit if the writer wants, but the fact she isn't there doesn't show hate.It's indifference at best.Also did new mutants where rogue has no relations.Rogue was being used by Tini.
    3)That's on Excalibur, she was a member of excalibur and under Tini's hat.
    4)We only saw one flashback under Hickman regarding Mystique Destiny and it was about Krakoa and her resurrection.
    5)All characters are OOC, agreed. Hix-man is plot over character, the main ones to his plot(Charles,Erik, etc.) can get both, others not so much
    6)We haven't gotten confirmation on the Scott Logan thing, maybe Jean is just doing open.And Hickman says in this interview maybe Scott is too(w/ Emma).
    7)What story or concepts were created by other writers for Rogue?All set-up for this was by Hickman.Rogue's only connection is through her mothers, her role to Hickman plot is as important as Pyro's.Both have the mother connection, Rogue is just a more popular character.
    8)Again that's on Tini.We can't act like he just took rogue out of X-books.She was a part of X-books and Hickman did not dictate what characters writers can choose(unless he was using them), and what and how to write them.They was a lot of room and the writers even put his plan to a halt to the point he left.

You and Rogue fans are right to be angry, but it's not on Hickman.it's on Tini.
    WTF now I'm going to do some errands and I don't have time then I'll answer you point by point, but I do not agree with any of them with all due respect.

And no, it was not Tini's fault at all, hickman simply did not want to use her in two years in any of his stories, neither in house of x nor power of x, nor the disgusting and unsuccessful story he made of swords, he did not use it because he does not like the character, it is evident.
    he is just a Troll, to other characters that were in Tini's book he had no problem using hickman like Apo or Betsy and these two were the most important in stories for Tini, and Tini lent them to him whenever Hickman wanted, Rogue I was only in Excalibur to refill.

So little fault has Tini, that Duggan that if she adores Rogue, the only character she specifically asked for for the current main book of mutants, it was Rogue the only one she asked for, and Tini had no problem giving her up.

So not just Hickman doesn't like her.

Blaming Tini quite absurd, when Hickman was the mutant "" "" architect "" "" and could use any character he wanted in his stories, Tini was just an opening act with a magic book, and Tini had no problem in which they use or give away the characters in their book, as I mentioned above.

This is hilarious...some are "angry" because a writer they don't particularly care for and have dragged since the start of his X-Men book chose not to write Rogue in a what would essentially be a secondary or even tertiary role. Again...a writer they never liked...
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Nobody is really angry, but it had to be mentioned.

Rather, many of us are happy that Mr. will no longer be on the back permanently, that is already a victory.

This is not the thread of other characters, who complain about everything even without reasons, not in this thread we are more relaxed and less sensationalist.

LolololololoL...that was funny.

Fantastic Member

You have to be joking.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is hilarious...some are "angry" because a writer they don't particularly care for and have dragged since the start of his X-Men book chose not to write Rogue in a what would essentially be a secondary or even tertiary role. Again...a writer they never liked...
    Facts

WTF now I'm going to do some errands and I don't have time then I'll answer you point by point, but I do not agree with any of them with all due respect.

And no, it was not Tini's fault at all, hickman simply did not want to use her in two years in any of his stories, neither in house of x nor power of x, nor the disgusting and unsuccessful story he made of swords, he did not use it because he does not like the character, it is evident.
    he is just a Troll, to other characters that were in Tini's book he had no problem using hickman like Apo or Betsy and these two were the most important in stories for Tini, and Tini lent them to him whenever Hickman wanted, Rogue I was only in Excalibur to refill.

So little fault has Tini, that Duggan that if she adores Rogue, the only character she specifically asked for for the current main book of mutants, it was Rogue the only one she asked for, and Tini had no problem giving her up.

So not just Hickman doesn't like her.
    Take your time to reply, no hurry.

How is it Hickman's fault for not using a character that has no role in his story?
    And how is it not Tini's fault for poorly writing her when she has her?

Hickman hasn't written a lot of characters.Take Alex and Greycrow for example, Hickman hasn't done anything w/ them yet they are doing great and their fans are eating well because the writer in charge did them justice.

Seems like your blaming Hickman for something he didn't do.

If you liked Rogue in Krakoa era then great, if not then it's on the writer who is in charge of her i.e. Tini and now Gerry

Blaming Tini quite absurd, when Hickman was the mutant "" "" architect "" "" and could use any character he wanted in his stories, Tini was just an opening act with a magic book, and Tini had no problem in which they use or give away the characters in their book, as I mentioned above.
    He was the architect of the X-men resurgence and he accomplished his task. And HOX/POX is loved by most fans.Yeah, he could have.But his story didn't call for her and thus he didn't use her.He also didn't write many other character, heck he didn't write most of them.He couldn't.Yet some of those are doing great like Alex, Greycrow, etc. because of their writer whereas some like Rogue, Gambit, etc. are not because of their writer.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just because people don't like Hickman, doesn't mean they don't want to like him or his work. I haven't cared for most of the X-Books since HoX/PoX (which I loved), so I know he can do some good work and him including Rogue in Inferno could have been a step into getting me interested in his work again.
    Make Good Art