Page 93 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1891
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Yes, I know that this specific case was some kind of "" "illusion" "" "created by Apo, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't entirely wrong regarding the normal progression of the characters and their powers.For example this "" "illusion" showed a Rogue with total control of her powers, and with a young appearance when the rest of her companions are already old, and in canon we already see her powers have control, and there are a couple of versions of Rogue They start from the 616 universe, and Rogue actually completely stopped aging, and those two versions are not an illusion.

As I said there are at least two irrefutable facts of Rogue 616 and its versions in the future after hundreds of years and she has full control of her powers, possesses multiple powers, and they imply she has the recanalization of past powers, and what else I find it interesting is that he is still young in appearance (which my theory is due to one of his powers of absorption of vital energy) and apparently for obvious reasons the other x-men are already dead.

I personally liked the story of the 12.
    Fair enough but in that case it might have been better to post examples of these confirmable "real" alternate futures, instead of the very specific fake one. Especialy since that one excludes factors that would have prevented some of other X-men besides "element form" Storm and Iceman from heavily aging either like Gambit's energy controll (in one alternate world he became an immortal energy being), Beast's superhuman metabolism, Marrow's healing factor (see Sabertooth, Wolverine and co. for how she should look in 50 years) or Collosus metal form.

All which could come into play if a writer would want to depict them still alive and kicking 50 or 100 years from now.

Otherwise a simulation of Arcade in which he beats Wolverine in hand to hand combat and Storm totaly is into his toy collection would count as proof of possibility too (joking of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Fair enough but in that case it might have been better to post examples of these confirmable "real" alternate futures, instead of the very specific fake one. Especialy since that one excludes factors that would have prevented some of other X-men besides "element form" Storm and Iceman from heavily aging either like Gambit's energy controll (in one alternate world he became an immortal energy being), Beast's superhuman metabolism, Marrow's healing factor (see Sabertooth, Wolverine and co. for how she should look in 50 years) or Collosus metal form.

All which could come into play if a writer would want to depict them still alive and kicking 50 or 100 years from now.

Otherwise a simulation of Arcade in which he beats Wolverine in hand to hand combat and Storm totaly is into his toy collection would count as proof of possibility too (joking of course).

There is no proof that Bobby does not age just by taking ice form, in fact it is well known that Boby can be killed very easily if he is not in his ice form.

Beast looks pretty old now.

And Storm has no powers that slow down aging at all.
    in fact we have already seen her quite Old in the only two looks of her to the future, in the future of Rachel, and in the future of Bishop where hers "" "grandmother" "" of hers was obviously Storm.
    in that same timeline we saw an elderly Scott as well as Ororo.

The only ones who could look young after a couple of centuries could be Laura and Logan and in quotes since they don't stop aging, they only slow it down, and we have both seen them in old versions as well.

As for New Sun, it is true that he was the god of energy, how is Gambit if they did not insist on keeping him nerfed, but Newsun never showed to stop aging in fact he was quite young even at the time of death when Gambit defeats him, and the Witness who is clearly a version of the elder gambit with the most developed powers, also does not seem that at all I derive the aging, both Gambit and Scott and Storm are all three in their old age in Bishop's timeline.

There are two alternate Rogues I can think of off the top of my read that aged normally, the Rogue of X-Men: The End(written by her creator) and the future Rogue of 2028 in Gambit Vol. 3 #10. It pretty much just comes down to writer preference, rather than some innate property of how Rogue's powers work. As Grunty said, pretty much any character can stay ageless in the Marvel universe if the writer wants it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    There are two alternate Rogues I can think of off the top of my read that aged normally, the Rogue of X-Men: The End(written by her creator) and the future Rogue of 2028 in Gambit Vol. 3 #10. It pretty much just comes down to writer preference, rather than some innate property of how Rogue's powers work. As Grunty said, pretty much any character can stay ageless in the Marvel universe if the writer wants it to happen.
    Well not really.

In neither of those two Rogues does she look old, in the end it was the artist's style to make such hideous, gaunt faces ( x-23 looks old too in X-men the end ). that also the end is not the direct future of land 616 So we talked about another Rogue, besides I am sure the Rogue of " XM The end" is the Rogue and that she was in New Exiles.

How I said XMThe end is not a valid example because the artist makes everyone with such gaunt faces and that Rogue must not have been even 40 years old at the time of her death, so she died quite young. We see in Gnext Gambit with his children teenagers and Gambit still looked just as young, as did the veteran xmen who must have been barely in their 40s.

And the Rogue from the Gambit vol3 where they are already married is supposed to look old?
    lol I see them both quite young again we come back with artist style.

But if it is a fact to Gambit Storm Scott and Logan if we have seen them already old, not to Rogue.
    and there is evidence of them already old, as well as Rogue from the quite distant future still young.

In the timeline Bishop.

Gambit:

Storm:

Cyclops:

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    It pretty much just comes down to writer preference, rather than some innate property of how Rogue's powers work. As Grunty said, pretty much any character can stay ageless in the Marvel universe if the writer wants it to happen.
    And the difference is that not all characters can store multiple powers, such as regenerative powers or immortality.

Or have one of her powers consume life energy (like an energy vampire) something that Rogue does.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-01-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Regarding Rogue after many years of marriage, in 2028 she looks just as young in fact she has very very long hair and a very youthful appearance, not the appearance of a middle-aged lady, as for Gambit if aging could be noticed here, but I don't think many authors usually portray it that way.
    But she really looks a lot younger than Remy there.

Now years before marriage.

Rogue before getting married looks just as young in fact here they even have the same look of long and uniform hair.

Another before marriage

This is also many years before the marriage and we could say it looks older, but we know it is not , obviously the style of a specific artist.
    I don't see any evidence of her aging anywhere, rather the opposite.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-03-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...and with the RPs all this talk of ageing/not ageing is absolutely moot. All the mutants can stay young and beauty-full forever...or at least until the protocols are discontinued.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...and with the RPs all this talk of ageing/not ageing is absolutely moot. All the mutants can stay young and beauty-full forever...or at least until the protocols are discontinued.
    Well I speak in normal terms of the characters, not for a horrible sect cult that is Krakoa ... that this status quo more than a few years WILL NOT LAST.

And it has already been seen that characters like Storm Emma Scott among many others are quite old un the future, it has even been seen that Wolverine must have already reached the point that it no longer slows aging because many future versions of the universe 616 is already old.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rogue from XM 02
    Rogue 02.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Well I speak in normal terms of the characters, not for a horrible sect cult that is Krakoa ... that this status quo more than a few years WILL NOT LAST.

And it has already been seen that characters like Storm Emma Scott among many others are quite old un the future, it has even been seen that Wolverine must have already reached the point that it no longer slows aging because many future versions of the universe 616 is already old.
    I’m pretty sure we’ll never see the school again. This is a corporate imposed reboot, as the mutants are going to okay a big phase in Phase 5 and it seems like MCU is taking a long breather from the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m pretty sure we’ll never see the school again. This is a corporate imposed reboot, as the mutants are going to okay a big phase in Phase 5 and it seems like MCU is taking a long breather from the Avengers.
    And I'm sure the MCU is not going to take the horrible idea of ​​the Karkoa sect.

That how we know is an idea that is not going to be durable in the long term.
    How the MCU will approach mutants is not yet known, but I'm completely sure it won't be with Krakoa lol.

Rogue from XM 02
    Rogue 02.jpg
    Beautiful, Pepe is amazing.

Astonishing Member

And I'm sure the MCU is not going to take the horrible idea of ​​the Karkoa sect.

How the MCU will approach mutants is not yet known, but I'm completely sure it won't be with Krakoa lol.
    Krakoa as setup for the X-men is more or less still entirely unproven for longterm story telling and also goes against the pop culture image of the X-men as established in at least 3 cartoons and multiple movies. Unlike the Guardians of the Galaxy who were "blank slates" to the general public and casual fandom, which allowed a lot of creative freedom in how to re-imagine them for the big screen, the X-men are widely known and that dictates how much they can be altered from their source material, without causing rejection by viewers.

Take the Deadpool movies for example, which are more or less hovering somewhere between the previous X-men movies and a free interpretation of the comics. Thanks to the general audience being aware of the basics of the X-men, these movies did not require to go into further detail about how they are structured in this world and who the members are, because most viewers allready have a rough outline of who it could be.

They know mutants are people born with super powers, who the X-men are, that they have a base under the Xavier Institute, that Collosus is a classic X-men hero and that they train young mutants to handle their powers. Hence no need to go into further detail what mutants are, who the metal man is, why he has a teenager tag along and why he goes to an underground hangar to fly away with a black VTOL.

They can divert from the source material to a certain degree, but they can't go with a complete alien approach like what is currently the status quo either.

So yes. It's very unlikely they would risk their chance with making the MCU X-men a thing, by going for such a heavily oddball setup compared to what the majority of viewers would expect.

They can experiment with things like Excalibur, X-factor, X-force and other satelite team setups, they can also leave out the mansion and school, but the basics of the mutants (people born with super powers spread around the world in the various ethno-cultural situations resembling minority situations) and the X-men (underdog heros operating from a secret base and helping anyone from a firm moral basis) are too firm established in pop culture that there would be too much at stake.

If anything Krakoa seems like one of these setups they could use for multiverse stories eventualy.

Rogue from XM 02
    Rogue 02.jpg
    I love her in action! Still wish it was the mod from Excalibur instead of full 90's look
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

BANNED

Kevin Feige is the chief creative officer of Marvel. Meaning Krakoa happened with his approval. Of course the MCU intends to use Krakoa or they never would have let it happen in the comics.

There’s even rumors the MCU X-Men will first focus on Xavier and Moira X and these have been published in daily credible sources.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Krakoa as setup for the X-men is more or less still entirely unproven for longterm story telling and also goes against the pop culture image of the X-men as established in at least 3 cartoons and multiple movies. Unlike the Guardians of the Galaxy who were "blank slates" to the general public and casual fandom, which allowed a lot of creative freedom in how to re-imagine them for the big screen, the X-men are widely known and that dictates how much they can be altered from their source material, without causing rejection by viewers.

Take the Deadpool movies for example, which are more or less hovering somewhere between the previous X-men movies and a free interpretation of the comics. Thanks to the general audience being aware of the basics of the X-men, these movies did not require to go into further detail about how they are structured in this world and who the members are, because most viewers allready have a rough outline of who it could be.

They know mutants are people born with super powers, who the X-men are, that they have a base under the Xavier Institute, that Collosus is a classic X-men hero and that they train young mutants to handle their powers. Hence no need to go into further detail what mutants are, who the metal man is, why he has a teenager tag along and why he goes to an underground hangar to fly away with a black VTOL.

They can divert from the source material to a certain degree, but they can't go with a complete alien approach like what is currently the status quo either.

So yes. It's very unlikely they would risk their chance with making the MCU X-men a thing, by going for such a heavily oddball setup compared to what the majority of viewers would expect.

They can experiment with things like Excalibur, X-factor, X-force and other satelite team setups, they can also leave out the mansion and school, but the basics of the mutants (people born with super powers spread around the world in the various ethno-cultural situations resembling minority situations) and the X-men (underdog heros operating from a secret base and helping anyone from a firm moral basis) are too firm established in pop culture that there would be too much at stake.

If anything Krakoa seems like one of these setups they could use for multiverse stories eventualy.
    The X-Men in the school from Fox Universe failed critically and the last few films were colossal failures at the Box office. Tja I hid the Disney merger put Fox out of its business.

Disney hires top screenwriters, directors, and actors. Of course they could make Krakoa work.

This is the company who turned Wanda into a major hero and who made a top ITunes song for Agatha Harkness, a character previously know to a few people.