Page 16 of 127 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, I always thought the jacket was a nice touch...

Either with or without the jacket, this was her best uniform in my opinion, and with good reason her most iconic look.

The jacket is required. The costume looks lacking without it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The jacket is required. The costume looks lacking without it
    Bc the costume itself is crap.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Saw this Evo Rogue on twitter. By Ángel Solórzano

ElMIFUKXUAIeAuE.jpg
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Would Rogue even be able to absorb Hope? Her touch did nothing to her in Messiah Complex.

Though I'm not sure how integral Hope is to the process and if Rogue's own powers might be able to work as a conduit in the same way.

Well as much as it did nothing to her is not entirely true.
    There was a short circuit between the two similar powers.
    And Rogue she got part of the essence of hope. Because for something they had that strange link, and Rogue could hear what Hope was thinking. And track down hope .. Something that was one-sided I mean Rogue could do that..Hope no.

So in effect Rogue if she got something from the unbearable girl. Also, Carey himself said the same thing on his social networks at the time when someone asked him why Rogue could hear Hope's thoughts and even track her. Despite the short circuit.

Another thing this was before Rogue had her powers unlocked in control. When she is in control she is much more powerful and precise and it was proven time and again that those few characters who were resistant or immune to her powers are no longer. We have many examples that affirm this.

Rogue theoretically already took hope's powers without problems when she absorbed the powers of all the heroes on the planet.

Rogue in control has already taken powers similar to hers, from characters stronger than hope. Really Jope is a weakling I'm sorry. The only point of her in favor of her was the bond and residual power of the phoenixP which she also no longer has. And even with her, hope was too weak compared to Rogue.

Also with Rogue control nor should have any problem to take the powers of hope .. She even she can take them without hurting and without realizing it.

Hopefully and that happens. Rogue is so out of character.
    What is that, what do they propose that she try to bring Irene back on her own account. She must have done it a long time ago. But remember hickman hates Rogue.
    Don't expect consistency.

Still I hope this happens or at least she tries.

Rogue and Rachel talk about Betsy in the preview for Excalibur #18
    I would have been delighted to have all these moments with Rogue and Rachel if the two were talking about anything other than Betsy

Nothing in that preview is convincing me it was a bad decision to drop this book. sigh It's so sad to see Rogue lack agency.

Nothing in that preview is convincing me it was a bad decision to drop this book. sigh It's so sad to see Rogue lack agency.
    Yeah... Dumb book is dumb...

Also, for those who play Marvel Future Fight, start saving your Crystals bc a new uniform is coming for Rogue. It's her Dawn of X one...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

You know, Rogue's role in Excalibur is reminding me very much of how Rick Remember wrote her. Though instead of Rogue cat-fighting the Mary Sue of the book, she's only licking Betsy's boots instead. How riveting.

sorry the salt and sass is on-high today lol

And interesting seccruz! It might even be a tier 3 uniform? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Yeah... Dumb book is dumb...

Also, for those who play Marvel Future Fight, start saving your Crystals bc a new uniform is coming for Rogue. It's her Dawn of X one...
    As exciting as that is, could someone remind me what the Dawn of X look is? He outfits as of late have been god awful imo. I loved her legacy look and her outfit in UA after remender left. They should really hang her old iconic look up and get a new iconic look going. That's just me

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    As exciting as that is, could someone remind me what the Dawn of X look is? He outfits as of late have been god awful imo. I loved her legacy look and her outfit in UA after remender left. They should really hang her old iconic look up and get a new iconic look going. That's just me
    Probably one of her Exaclibur looks. Either the slightly greener 90s look

Or the look she's been using in Otherworld with the cape.

Not her most exciting look(s), but I'm more happy that she's getting an upgrade in terms of better stats and possibly a cool finisher.

100% this. I know I said this in the other thread, but Rogue's entire personality seems to be "in love/obsessed with Betsy" and I'm super not into it. It's been her entire role since her ill-advised rush to absorb the Krakoan gate.

And as one who absolutely loves her iconic 90's look, even I wanted something new for this era. The Excalibur redesign is so similar to her 90s look that even comic artists and fan artists alike repeatedly fail to differentiate them.

I'd like to see her go to something more green and black. I really would have loved something like the Lucas Werneck MCU design or her Age of X design. Even To's alternative design for Excalibur with the sash and the braid seemed far more iconic and fitting for a fantasy vibe.

With so many fans of Rogue dropping the book and hearing the same from the Gambit fans, I am wondering how its sales are really going. Even general X-fans aren't over-the-moon about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    100% this. I know I said this in the other thread, but Rogue's entire personality seems to be "in love/obsessed with Betsy" and I'm super not into it. It's been her entire role since her ill-advised rush to absorb the Krakoan gate
    It's funny because I don't think even Tini thinks they are actually close. From what I remember, the heart to hearts Betsy had with her guard down was between her and Rachel. Someone not even on the team! lmao

And as one who absolutely loves her iconic 90's look, even I wanted something new for this era. The Excalibur redesign is so similar to her 90s look that even comic artists and fan artists alike repeatedly fail to differentiate them.

I'd like to see her go to something more green and black. I really would have loved something like the Lucas Werneck MCU design or her Age of X design. Even To's alternative design for Excalibur with the sash and the braid seemed far more iconic and fitting for a fantasy vibe.
    I had to google the Lucas Werneck design lol. I had forgetton about it, but yes it is very good!

To be fair, Rogue isn't the only character who has regressed into old designs. I really dislike Jean's seeming nostalgia with bringing back the Marvel Girl and X-Factor looks. Maybe this is apart of a bigger narrative plot point, perhaps something to do with being able to choose what memories they get in their next life but it feels like a step-back; I would've really appreciated something new.

With so many fans of Rogue dropping the book and hearing the same from the Gambit fans, I am wondering how its sales are really going. Even general X-fans aren't over-the-moon about it.
    Its bittersweet seeing so many other fans getting fed up with their treatment. At least I know it's not just me who isn't going to remember this run fondly.

As far as I concerned, Tini is only a slight step up from Rick Remember and that's not a compliment.

As for sales, I'm not sure. Sadly I think R&G sale power is just too much, even when they are not happy with the characters treatment, people will collect because they are there. I love Leah's X-Factor and while feel like it's the much better written book; I think Excalibur will probably still end up selling more than it just because they have more popular characters. TBH this was probably the reason why they stuck Rogue and Gambit here, it's a safety net for Tini to tell her Betsy story and nothing else.

You can tell who she actually cares about by how much she talks about a particular characters in interviews. It was Betsy and Apoc before X of Swords and it's Betsy and the Braddock family afterwards. I think she's talked more about Jaime then she has poor Jubilee or Gambit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Realisticly speaking, what people proclaim in social media or online forums has often very little influence or relation with how a book will perform positively or negatively.

Excalibur could keep on going for months with slowly declining readership or it could end soon with a drastically dropping readership. Based on numbers and examples, the truth seems to be that the majority of readers or at least buyers are silent and often apperently downright unaware of the online discourse going on about titles and characters.

Though titles with generaly disapointed reactions are of course more likely to end earlier than titles with generaly positive reactions.

However weren't Excalibur's sales still relative "okay", with them at over 20k?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Realisticly speaking, what people proclaim in social media or online forums has often very little influence or relation with how a book will perform positively or negatively.

Excalibur could keep on going for months with slowly declining readership or it could end soon with a drastically dropping readership. Based on numbers and examples, the truth seems to be that the majority of readers or at least buyers are silent and often apperently downright unaware of the online discourse going on about titles and characters.

Though titles with generaly disapointed reactions are of course more likely to end earlier than titles with generaly positive reactions.

However weren't Excalibur's sales still relative "okay", with them at over 20k?
    COVID has really made getting estimates difficult.

I think the last solid estimates from Comichron is in March where Excalibur #9 was at 36k and a number placement of 28 out of Top 100 in March for Marvel. Since then I don't think we've gotten solid numbers, but Excalibur number placement went down to 42 of the Top 100 for October of Marvel. March's 42st selling comic was around 23k for March, so that might be around Excalibur's numbers for Oct. But again, it's based on a lot of assumptions so take it with a grain of salt.

If I was to make an educated guess I would wager around 18-20k for Jan 2021 but again, it's really difficult to tell nowadays since estimates are hard to collect and we also have digital sales to think about.

Sources:
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-03.html (Comichron for March 2020)
    https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1...ticleID=247694 (Diamond for Oct 2020)