Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Okay, I'm confused... Who's mimicked powers is Anna Marie using to fly this time?
    ????She's not mimicking anyone. Flying is part of her base powerset and she got that years ago in Uncanny Avengers courtesy Wonder Man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ????She's not mimicking anyone. Flying is part of her base powerset and she got that years ago in Uncanny Avengers courtesy Wonder Man
    Ah... I edited my last post. I thought she lost Simon's powers a'la coming in contact with baby Hope.

Ah... I edited my last post. I thought she lost Simon's powers a'la coming in contact with baby Hope.
    She got Simon's powers years after coming in contact with baby Hope

What happened with baby Hope in the 2008 Massiah Complex took place before Rogue absorbed all of Simon in 2014 in UnCanny Avengers. Rogue lost the powers she got from Sunfire when Baby Hope "cleansed" her. Also, Rogue lost the abilities she got from Carol in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Hmm... early spoilers

spoilers:
    Rogue doesn't get to do much more than shown in the previews and also probably has the least amount of screen-time/focus in the issue of all the main cast. I'm a bit disappointed that the rest of the action seen is done by a giant metal gundum construct instead of the team itself. I suppose it qualifies as a "curcuit" but feels a bit too on the nose, with the EVA-like antagonist. As mentioned in some review(s), most of the issue shifts between setting up future villains more specifically a new character called Kevin Heng, High Evolutionary, and a rather obscure villain by the name of Cordyceps Jones. I kinda wish he'd just settled on one for the first arc and run with that. High Evolutionary IMO since thats the more interesting one to me

Overall, it's a decent issue but for a Rogue fan it lacks anything special. I trust Duggan but this is a like a 3/5 for me. Wish the subplots were sprinkled later on in the arc, but I suppose since it's only a year he wanted these set up earlier.
    end of spoilers
    You and me must be sharing a brain. Because that was exactly my reaction! Nothing new from what we saw in the preview and too much villain focus and a big meh at that robot circuit idea. I was hoping to at least see Rogue's room or get her interactions with the rest of the team. I'm sure we'll get there, but boy am I feeling impatient

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    You and me must be sharing a brain. Because that was exactly my reaction! Nothing new from what we saw in the preview and too much villain focus and a big meh at that robot circuit idea. I was hoping to at least see Rogue's room or get her interactions with the rest of the team. I'm sure we'll get there, but boy am I feeling impatient
    lol same. I wanted more interactions between the team. The little moment between Polaris and Rogue was cute, I guess but I want more. D:<

I'm sure we'll get it though and like as stated in the previews, in those short snippets felt much more 'Rogue' than she's felt in the past two years and Duggan does deserve credit for that, so kudos. Either way, definitely still excited to see what we'll be seeing next. ^_^

The thing with those examples is, it's hard to tell what she is taking or not. Just because she steals some life-essence or memories, does not mean the person automatically has to fall unconscious or that Rogue needs to comment on the memory. In particular with memory, Rogue usually did not comment regarding an absorption or mind unless it was tied to the plot when CC was writing it. In the same way, Rogue could do both those things without comment in those examples. It just depends on the amount.

Even just laying a hand on someone for a long period isn't necessarily proof she is trying to drain a huge amount, like with Legion or the Cuckoos, because she has control. She could be siphoning off extremely small amounts and trying to be precise, so it shouldn't (in theory) hurt the person at all.

I do agree however that Rogue was learning and getting better at controlling her powers during Legacy, I'm just not sure any of those examples outright contradict what Carey originally stated especially since it was the same writer who set up that statement. It'd seem strange for him to contradict himself like that. though it does happen at times

Yes ChronoRogue but my point is. The Trance thing is from the first times he used his powers in control. And there was no difference in how she used themuncontrollably.

But after. She Si learned to separate him. And how did I say if there are mentions that she did not take specifically and what not, sometimes thoughts or vital energy.

And how did I mention the absorption of the cuckoos was total. Not small. But it would be good to analyze the specific numbers little by little.

But if I am sure the power of absorption of vital energy she learned to suppress it completely. In fact in all the legacy years. After Rogue learned to separate her powers.
    She only used life energy absorption as an attack on only 3 occasions, I counted them. Even with enemies she tried not to use that.

I suppose because Rogue considers the absorption of vital energies to be her most dangerous power of hers.

But how I said we can analyze it little by little. There were so many good years of development that there is a lot of material to analyze her powers.

But for Mcarey she precisely she showed her to be specific with what she was drinking. And many times she mentions it. For him that mature form I think she was simply being specific and being able to separate her 4 powers of absorption at will.

lol same. I wanted more interactions between the team. The little moment between Polaris and Rogue was cute, I guess but I want more. D:<

I'm sure we'll get it though and like as stated in the previews, in those short snippets felt much more 'Rogue' than she's felt in the past two years and Duggan does deserve credit for that, so kudos. Either way, definitely still excited to see what we'll be seeing next. ^_^
    I liked this fiesta issue. I think the main problem is that it was somewhat loaded showing all the villains. And also that we had basically already seen the highlights of Rogue's performance in the issue, thanks to the preview. So we didn't have another shocking moment with her.

But I think she was the third most prominent of the group. along with Laura and Synch who was the one who stole the show....🙄

But a very solid problem, with a few minor flaws.
    I give it an 8/10.

Issue 2.😍

Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-08-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I liked this fiesta issue. I think the main problem is that it was somewhat loaded showing all the villains. And also that we had basically already seen the highlights of Rogue's performance in the issue, thanks to the preview. So we didn't have another shocking moment with her.

But I think she was the third most prominent of the group. along with Laura and Synch who was the one who stole the show....��

But a very solid problem, with a few minor flaws.
    I give it an 8/10.

Issue 2.��

This page alone looks so good! The one with Synch and Jean is so simple yet off the charts good too! This is the book our girl deserves!!!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Yes ChronoRogue but my point is. The Trance thing is from the first times he used his powers in control. And there was no difference in how she used themuncontrollably.

But after. She Si learned to separate him. And how did I say if there are mentions that she did not take specifically and what not, sometimes thoughts or vital energy.

And how did I mention the absorption of the cuckoos was total. Not small. But it would be good to analyze the specific numbers little by little.

But if I am sure the power of absorption of vital energy she learned to suppress it completely. In fact in all the legacy years. After Rogue learned to separate her powers.
    She only used life energy absorption as an attack on only 3 occasions, I counted them. Even with enemies she tried not to use that.

I suppose because Rogue considers the absorption of vital energies to be her most dangerous power of hers.

But how I said we can analyze it little by little. There were so many good years of development that there is a lot of material to analyze her powers.

But for Mcarey she precisely she showed her to be specific with what she was drinking. And many times she mentions it. For him that mature form I think she was simply being specific and being able to separate her 4 powers of absorption at will.
    I think we are miscommunicating here. My point is that we are unable to tell how she is sapping life-force because if Rogue does have fine control, she might be able to do it without having any noticeable harmful effect. This is why I used blood drawing as an example, that is something that people experience and usually causes little or no pain (depending on the amount drawn) or visible effect on the person. This is why we can't be sure she is separating the powers in those instances, because she may limiting how much she draws. So I agree that there is some separation happening, but not that she is able to completely suppress it if any absorption happens. Just going based off Carey's description of her power.

I understand you think she learned to completely separate those abilities throughout Legacy, but I don't think that was really the case. I think she just got better at managing those powers, to the point it seemed like there was no effect but in actuality was just relatively mild, not turning them off.

I think the best evidence we have is that statement on-panel from Carey, as I doubt we'll be able to get any clarification from him anytime soon. Sadly I don't think he's interested in writing the X-Men any longer. But I think we are talking in circles at this point lmao, sorry if I am unable to explain my point better.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz
    This page alone looks so good! The one with Synch and Jean is so simple yet off the charts good too! This is the book our girl deserves!!!
    Yes! Hopefully issue two slows down a bit on the world building so we get more Rogue.

Here's hoping!
    E53U0IkWEAMn0Os.jpg
    Also, Larraz is a freaking godsend!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I think we are miscommunicating here. My point is that we are unable to tell how she is sapping life-force because if Rogue does have fine control, she might be able to do it without having any noticeable harmful effect. This is why I used blood drawing as an example, that is something that people experience and usually causes little or no pain (depending on the amount drawn) or visible effect on the person. This is why we can't be sure she is separating the powers in those instances, because she may limiting how much she draws. So I agree that there is some separation happening, but not that she is able to completely suppress it if any absorption happens. Just going based off Carey's description of her power.

I understand you think she learned to completely separate those abilities throughout Legacy, but I don't think that was really the case. I think she just got better at managing those powers, to the point it seemed like there was no effect but in actuality was just relatively mild, not turning them off.

I think the best evidence we have is that statement on-panel from Carey, as I doubt we'll be able to get any clarification from him anytime soon. Sadly I don't think he's interested in writing the X-Men any longer. But I think we are talking in circles at this point lmao, sorry if I am unable to explain my point better.

Yes! Hopefully issue two slows down a bit on the world building so we get more Rogue.
    chrono I believe that neither of them is completely wrong, and I am not taking your reason, I only say that their powers in control were growing more and more and more and we saw that each time it was more specific with which power of absorption they used the most. Ando yeah we agree is that she was becoming more and more specific with her powers. Either she separated them completely, which I think she did in the middle of the legacy race, she did, I think she already separated them completely, or that she will control the flow of what she wanted to absorb the most. for practical purposes it was the same.
    and although she had increasing dexterity. and she each time she separated them and more.

As I told you. in the first issues of legacy if I agree with you. she still hurt that there is no doubt.
    but already after necrosha we saw that she was capable of not doing anything about Dani if ​​she did not want to do it. more if she could retain powers for minutes or hours until she decided to renounce power.

But after and n legacy and believe me I am reading them now just to document myself, because she did nothing harm if she did not want to, and not with a superficial absorption or what will only duplicate the power of another. but in deep absorptions that took away the power of another character until she decided to return it voluntarily. that is, if she actually did not yet separate the 4 powers of absorption at all, each time she was about to achieve it. because how can I mention if there are many examples that she scanned minds in depth ... but she did not take anything else or powers or vital energy.

I think for example clearer of this we saw them in age of x she was specific with what she drank, and she also mentioned that she drank and that she did not, and this was also written by Carey.

furthermore those powers were designed to be separate powers .. this was also written by Carey.
    the pandemic doctor was obsessed with Rogue's powers.and he himself said that he could only duplicate one of Rogue's powers, which was the taking of powers, but the powers of Rogue that interested him the most, how the taking of minds, emotions and the taking of vital energy, he could not copy .

I think the most interesting thing about the Carey era is that she showed that Rogue could leave another character depowered without having to risk killing him. or without her being overwhelmed by an intruding psyche.

And why she could be selective with which of her powers she used more strongly, or according to I believe which she suppressed and which she did not

what yesI agree with you. It is what the psyches take even though she learned to suppress it or not have negative effects I think she did, at least she should take a SMALL copy psychic echo to use the abilities as well as the original owners or in many cases much better. that's the difference why the powers of hope and synch seem ridiculous to me. all characters must learn to control their powers. That she begs to use them without difficulty is because another of her powers is precisely to take intellectual abilities and experiences. but Hope and Synch? they just make a simple copy. And they don't copy minds, experiences or anything like that, their power is stupid. Those of Rogue at least susbdifenrented type of absorption justifies so well use the powers of others

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    yeah SHe reminded me of when she released her Avenger team. I believe here in an extra official way she will do the same and take the initiative on the battlefield, plus Duggan writes it, he adores Rogue and he writes it very well in terms of her mischievous personality and her flying brick powers.

On the other hand it seems that he hated her absorbing powers. or that's what he implied, since Rogue used just those powers ttwice ��
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-11-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Regarding this first number, if I liked it I found it solid 8/10 and although very exciting in the action scenes of our girl there are also things that annoyed me a little. I have to admit it and I don't want to be picky but for now, apparently in issue 1 and the issue 2 preview, Synch is doing things that Rogue should be doing even better than him.
    And this was my initial fear of having the two of them on the same team, and with Duggan's background of not wanting to use Rogue's absorptive powers, I don't want to be biased, but it is what it sounds like. If this book were being written by Kelly Tompson she wouldn't be worried about this, she balanced Rogue's mutant powers with flying brick powers better than anyone. even she will say is equal to or better than Claremont with this.

As for the issue, and the good and the bad for Rogue.

The good

Rogue in a few pages how to be expected of Duggan, she showed off the flying brick powers and really justifies that she is a class 100 and one of the elite in super strength and endurance in Marvel. On two pages he showed us ALL of Rogue's flying brick powers.
    1) he showed super strength, 2) he showed incredible invulnerability without receiving a scratch with something that would have annihilated even colossus, 3) he obviously showed his flight, 4) and he showed his super speed this I loved how he got to super speed saving to Polaris of certain death.

Excellent Duggan showing a Rogue Badass and funny as a flying brick, I never doubted that.

Now not all were good, bad ... for me as a fan of Rogue ...

The bad

I'm sorry but for me the bad thing was Synch.
    he's doing things that Rogue should be doing without a hitch. even more so with control.
    And by the way, I was very bothered by the double standards that some fans have ... that is, the xmlegacy years were complaining that Rogue used the powers better than the original owners, and that she made the rest of the team seem incompetent. But when Synch does this it is wonderful and cool .... WTF why ??? Because Rogue is an A list and Synch a Z list ?. That double standard doesn't make any sense to me, especially when they had been complaining about Rogue for years for doing the same thing in legacy.

Another point also with Synch .... what we are seeing now is not Synch. is Rogue in xmen legacy, or a strange fusion of both, all the people celebrating that Synch is making small progress in his power, and they celebrate it .. but when Rogue shows the same or one of her advances and there are thousands of complaints that she should neither have progress nor explore her WTF abilities ... that is to say for a Z list like Synch it is fine .. but for Rogue being an A list it is wrong ???
    Explain this double standard to me.

Other than one of Rogue's potential powers that are already canon is being able to absorb at a distance. And many people complained that this is canon. And for years this was shown by Chris Claremont in revolution once. although he left it up in the air as something future.

But what Synch steals more and more capabilities that are Rogue, not his is excellent. we return with double standards.
    Synch was not capable of copying non-mutant powers. The one who does that without restriction since always is Rogue ........... Synch cannot maintain the copy of power if she moves too far she loses them.
    the one that she maintains powers without problem in proximity or time is Rogue, now it seems that Synch can have more time the powers how does Rogue?
    WTF ... but since it is Synch there is no problem lol.
    Also what to use powers better that the original owners is sometimes very Rogue and it seems that now Synch too?
    I mean there was some fusion of Rogue with Synch like in dragon ball and I did not find out?
    XD.
    What is the next thing that Synch can rechannel powers copied in the past, which we know is the maximum capacity of Rogue's powers.
    or more brazen that Synch begins to take vital energy. Intellectual physical abilities or psyches, is the only thing missing.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt .. and I'm still giving it to him but I'm upset that Synch is being fused with Rogue's abilities.
    and Rogue was probably limited to being the flying brick and that does bother me a bit.
    because if it were another character such as storm, they would be doing this to him.
    we would already have ororo fans crying with hundreds of messages how they usually do lol.

I just hope Duggan this time is fair to Rogue's absorption powers and at least uses them in a decent way. Seeing what he has done in a single chapter with Synch I no longer believe that he hates imitation powers. because he portrayed them very well with Synch. but it seems if he hates them but on Rogue lol. I just hope this time if he's fair. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🤷🏻

your impressions look true. and maybe that's it. Syncro is close to Rogue in the quests, so he can duplicate Rogue's abilities. His having Rogue around could be the key to getting these things done.