Page 47 of 127 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The X-Men redesign thread got me thinking about Rogue in different color schemes and now I want it so bad. Maroon or hot pink would look so good. ;_:

Original Concept by Luke Werner

by Peter Nguyen

I'm surprised none of the X-Women really ever wear pink, outside of Betsy during the Outback and Rogue briefly with the Shi'Ar Miners Outfit. I know these are Claremazons and everything but nothing wrong with a pink palette. Too many X-Women dip into the green color scheme as it is (Polaris, Jean, Rogue, Siryn, Meggan) while orange and pink are nowhere to be found rip.
    I have always really loved Rogue in red when she does street clothes, so I'd be up for a change. I like the Lukas Werneck design in both his original green and this crimson version. Or, since they can dredge up old costumes, a rework of the X-Treme costume could be interesting. And I have a strange fondness for the Shi'ar mining costume, even if Rogue doesn't strike me as a "pink" kind of gal.

I agree the green gals need some visual dissemination though. Jean could easily move into one of her non-green costume choices, but Polaris is generally just in all green. I actually love Rogue's 90's get up when the yellow is toned down to a softer light butter (not bright dandelion) and the green is very emerald dark. But a huge no thanks on that orange poncho. Woof.

And I actually prefer Gambit in all black. He's a thief! Even if he won't be in X-Men (which I'm still pitifully hoping for at this point). So no worries about a clash then either.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I agree the green gals need some visual dissemination though. Jean could easily move into one of her non-green costume choices, but Polaris is generally just in all green.
    Not entirely true. Lorna has worn red and blue costumes with yellow accents, as well as a few purple costumes.

Green is Jean's signature costume color and it looks so good in contrast to her bright red hair.

Jean even wore green for a year or two before Lorna was introduced into the comics!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I have always really loved Rogue in red when she does street clothes, so I'd be up for a change. I like the Lukas Werneck design in both his original green and this crimson version. Or, since they can dredge up old costumes, a rework of the X-Treme costume could be interesting. And I have a strange fondness for the Shi'ar mining costume, even if Rogue doesn't strike me as a "pink" kind of gal.

I agree the green gals need some visual dissemination though. Jean could easily move into one of her non-green costume choices, but Polaris is generally just in all green. I actually love Rogue's 90's get up when the yellow is toned down to a softer light butter (not bright dandelion) and the green is very emerald dark. But a huge no thanks on that orange poncho. Woof.

And I actually prefer Gambit in all black. He's a thief! Even if he won't be in X-Men (which I'm still pitifully hoping for at this point). So no worries about a clash then either.
    Yep, the one that comes to mind first is Sandmans_Raven's avatar which has them in casual clothes and Gambit and Rogue both look gorgeous! If they could transform those casual outfits into uniforms, they would instant favorites.

I forget from which series this is from. It's not Mr and Mrs X I believe.

I just wish Marvel were more willing to experiment again with the looks. Sure sometimes we'd get horrible outfits but even those could be fun. I'm not sure if it's editorial or the creative teams but *shakes fist*.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yep, the one that comes to mind first is Sandmans_Raven's avatar which has them in casual clothes and Gambit and Rogue both look gorgeous! If they could transform those casual outfits into uniforms, they would instant favorites.

I forget from which series this is from. It's not Mr and Mrs X I believe.

I just wish Marvel were more willing to experiment again with the looks. Sure sometimes we'd get horrible outfits but even those could be fun. I'm not sure if it's editorial or the creative teams but *shakes fist*.
    It's from Gold #30! Marquez is just so good. I want to see him draw more of both characters
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    It's from Gold #30! Marquez is just so good. I want to see him draw more of both characters
    Thank you, indeed Marquez is great. i like marcus to but why does he only draw the 90s costume and forgets about his own excalibur look he made

Thank you, indeed Marquez is great. i like marcus to but why does he only draw the 90s costume and forgets about his own excalibur look he made
    Yeah, To is a talented artist but I agree about the costumes.
    Make Good Art

Yes!! Rogue is finally free from Excalibur!

Hmm this is very meta for how everything's turned out lol. ��

EzUqCbCVkAUK0Iq.jpg
    Savage Land Rogue by Bruce Timm.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

This is easily one of my all time favorite images of these two. The body language. The hair. The chill demeanor. Its all so beautiful. omg that hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This is easily one of my all time favorite images of these two. The body language. The hair. The chill demeanor. Its all so beautiful. omg that hair.
    I know right? Marguez body language is the most impressive IMO. Depending on your talent, its not so difficult to create pretty art but getting the right nuances and behavior with a character really shows skill. That panel screams Rogue and Gambit, with Gambit leaning back casually and Rogue crossing her arms while holding one of his hands over her shoulder... or at least a version of them that is finally comfortable in their own skins, which considering they got hitched not too long afterwards they ought to be lol.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz
    Savage Land Rogue by Bruce Timm.
    Nice art! If a bit cheesecake... but I guess that comes with the outfit choice.

Saw this variant cover and had a chuckle. Half of the new X-Men team (Jean, Laura, Rogue) and the Excalibur refugees (Jubilee, Gambit). ...You know this wouldn't be a half-bad team actually, post X-Men, since there's a lot of connections here.

I'd add just one or two more POC characters, as much as people complain about forced diversity or whatever, how are people going to have POC characters as favorites without exposure and actually being on teams? Bishop, Storm or Frenzy would all fit here and have connections to these group of characters. though i do feel outside of laura, this team is almost obnoxiously 90s. god do i wish everyone had new costumes

Speaking of Rogue redesigns, this one has been one of my all time favorites. It tends to get a mixed reaction whenever I share it, but to me it's such a simple and beautiful design. plus she has control, showing some skin shouldn't be an issue A non-primary green costume fan art for once!

by beanclam

Some cute Rogue fan art. Rogue and hedgehog <3

by Marcus To

Also the incredibly rare, legendary Darkholme family fanart. : O

by artbytesslyn

Omg that Darkholme family photo is KILLLLERRRRRRR

I always love some Darkholme family art. And Rogue in overalls is precious! The flowers in her pocket is a nice touch lol
    Make Good Art

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Omg that Darkholme family photo is KILLLLERRRRRRR
    Indeed it is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."