Page 45 of 127 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Haha, I wouldn't mind her bringing back the sass.

She's been way too compliant with Betsy in Excalibur. She needs to go back to the "wild card energy".

It's not a true X-Men with Rogue and Cyclops on it if they don't butt heads.
    I hated cyclops after that but I loved the fact Rogue didn't back down. She owned her ****. No excuses or whining just responsible.

Yea Gambit deserves better. Honestly the whole team does. Marvel should've just let Tini write the Braddock family book she clearly wanted instead of keeping popular characters around just to boost sales.

On the upside, if the team does rotate maybe Gambit will has his chance on this team another year.
    I hope they toss him over to Marauder's, Way of X, or COTA w/Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I hated cyclops after that but I loved the fact Rogue didn't back down. She owned her ****. No excuses or whining just responsible.
    Scott's just plays by the book too much sometimes. He doesn't do too well with... "adapativity", which is Rogue's leadership style lol. Which is strange because that's exactly why he picked Rogue for strike team leader in the first place. xd

I'm curious on how they'll interact, especially since Jean is co-leading.

I hope they toss him over to Marauder's, Way of X, or COTA w/Storm
    Marauders would be perfect for him actually. I wouldn't mind him on either of those either.

honestly almost anything is better than Excalibur anyway

Scott's just plays by the book too much sometimes. He doesn't do too well with... "adapativity", which is Rogue's leadership style lol. Which is strange because that's exactly why he picked Rogue for strike team leader in the first place. xd

I'm curious on how they'll interact, especially since Jean is co-leading.

Marauders would be perfect for him actually. I wouldn't mind him on either of those either.

honestly almost anything is better than Excalibur anyway
    BWAHAHAHAH AMEN!

As for Rogue and Cyclops I'm sure they will but heads like they both do w/wolverine (Logan). Also I don't recall this Rogue and Polaris close friend thing. When did that happen. I mean I've been following rogue for a LONG time but I can't seem to recall any closeness like she has w/Iceman (Which everyone seems to forget), Cannonball, Human Torch, Deadpool, and many others i can't think of at the moment. Work is almost over

Hmm I wouldn't exactly call Lorna and her 'close' but they've been on the same team several times. They seem friendly enough but I imagine there's probably that awkward energy of 'I dated your dad'. lol

She also helped rescue Lorna, Havok and Rachel from some telepathic alien in Shi'ar space.

So excited for this book!

Do we know any storylines yet, like what the first story will be about?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So excited for this book!

Do we know any storylines yet, like what the first story will be about?
    The only thing we know really know iirc is that Scott and Jean want a more traditional and democratically elected team. I'd imagine they will carry the "protect the world that hates and fears them" motto furthest in this era. Sort of Krakoa Avengers I guess?

If the cover is anything to go by they'll fight dinosaurs, four-armed intelligent gorillas, and aliens lol. that said, I doubt the cover is indicative of anything

The only thing we know really know iirc is that Scott and Jean want a more traditional and democratically elected team. I'd imagine they will carry the "protect the world that hates and fears them" motto furthest in this era. Sort of Krakoa Avengers I guess?

If the cover is anything to go by they'll fight dinosaurs, four-armed intelligent gorillas, and aliens lol. that said, I doubt the cover is indicative of anything
    Thanks.

Some good things are awaiting us!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hmm I wouldn't exactly call Lorna and her 'close' but they've been on the same team several times. They seem friendly enough but I imagine there's probably that awkward energy of 'I dated your dad'. lol

She also helped rescue Lorna, Havok and Rachel from some telepathic alien in Shi'ar space.
    Several times? Im drawing a blank outside of the Austen/Milligan runs

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Several times? Im drawing a blank outside of the Austen/Milligan runs
    No that's pretty much what I meant lol. I guess handful is a better description but still around 30 or so issues on the same roster (give or take those issues that Lorna took off from losing her powers and then turned into a horseman).

Mighty Member

I've never seen Rogue and Polaris being close really, but they do have a lot in common, so becoming close friends in this book wouldn't feel forced.

Finally.

She is gone of Remy side. ! now they both can shine . they are spouses not a simbiot.

Hope she and Cycke butt heads. but not in a dense way kinda a who is the boss? kinda thing when sometimes Rogue is rigth and sometimes Cyke are correct.

But at some point they start to become friends . Cause same way as Betsy if they got magically bff ill be wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I've never seen Rogue and Polaris being close really, but they do have a lot in common, so becoming close friends in this book wouldn't feel forced.
    Rogue and Polaris have the double awkwardness of "I slept with your Father" and "I slept with a stripper styled after your now husband". Soooo ... THAT could be quite an entertaining convo.

Rogue has a kind of connection with Shiro from her time absorbing him, but he's definitely the super serious character on the team and not very popular. He and Polaris do have the Horseman connection.

Would love to see Rogue leading her own small squadron. Let Scott and Jean fight over the other one.

Could really go for Rogue forming a friendship with Laura since she and Gambit are already close.

Guess we'll see how Duggan chooses to use Synch and Rogue differently, though he usually had her as more the flying brick and didn't do anything super creative with her powers.

Spectacular Member

[/QUOTE]

Which issue is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Which issue is this from?
    Uncanny X-Men 386

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ
    Rogue and Polaris have the double awkwardness of "I slept with your Father" and "I slept with a stripper styled after your now husband". Soooo ... THAT could be quite an entertaining convo.

Rogue has a kind of connection with Shiro from her time absorbing him, but he's definitely the super serious character on the team and not very popular. He and Polaris do have the Horseman connection.

Would love to see Rogue leading her own small squadron. Let Scott and Jean fight over the other one.

Could really go for Rogue forming a friendship with Laura since she and Gambit are already close.

Guess we'll see how Duggan chooses to use Synch and Rogue differently, though he usually had her as more the flying brick and didn't do anything super creative with her powers.
    Lorna also kissed Gambit in X-Factor and both expressed some feelings for each other but it never seemed to happen. For some reason I doubt either will mention it on the team. I do think it might something to address if they want to deepen their friendship, just to air the awkwardness out but we'll see I suppose.

I hope Rogue and Shiro continue their friendship. He tends to be a jerk around most people but he seems to get along well enough with Rogue. Maybe it's the same Northstar energy of she absorbed him once and knows all his deepest darkest secrets? Or at least she can empathize with him very well, since she had his memories as well as his powers. though weirdly we never saw shiro's psychic ghost interact with rogue much, not the way carol did... Whatever the reason, despite them not interacting consistently it'd be easy to see Shiro as the one Rogue is closet to on this team.

I do wonder about that, they've had at least four X-Men who've all lead their own teams (Cyclops, Jean, Polaris, Rogue) so while none of the four are very volatile personalities, they also aren't exactly push overs either. Rogue and Jean are on friendly terms, so I do think Rogue would bite her tongue more often around her. i wonder if it's a thing that rogue is more comfortable with female leadership, considering being raised by mystique and all... If it was something Scott said, she'd probably question it even more lol. Then again, there might not be a "Starscream" on the team at all.

I wonder if Laura would get along with Rogue as well as she would Gambit. While both Mr and Mrs Lebeau both do have more extroverted personalities, Rogue is less laid-back when someone is prickly with her and Laura can get defensive fast. For some reason, I feel like it'd take awhile for them to find common ground.

As for Synch, Everett has a pretty calming personality. I'm not sure if they'd be close but I can't see them arguing either. Technically since he kept his memories, there's the weird dissonance of someone looking younger but being older as well.