Page 65 of 127 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Michael Golden was at Pensacon this year. I got to shake his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Plus in Operation Lightning Storm he was flying. Same for Force Works.
    Are you sure you don't mean Operation Galatic Storm(Trivia: Bob Harras was editor of the X-Men books AND the writer of the main Avengers book at the time.)? Simon, at the time, was a member of the West Coast Avengers and had his own solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Good point on Wonder Man but it seems like Gambit's already joined the X-Men by this time too given the preview. I don't know, it's AU so who knows what the continuity is with this story.

Either way, it's good to see Rogue put the hurting on at least one of the Squadron already given that it seems like a massacre otherwise.

Magneto and Xavier especially getting clowned hardcore there. Why is Charles in the middle of the battle and did Magneto forget he can make electro-magnetic force fields? Sigh PIS for drama is not good.
    I can imagine all the stupid ways the powerful mutants were taken out or will be taken out. Ah well, it's an AU.

Apparently this version of Hyperion is strong enough to one-shot kill Galactus, so best of luck to Rogue, I hope she lands some hits and makes it out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean Operation Galatic Storm(Trivia: Bob Harras was editor of the X-Men books AND the writer of the main Avengers book at the time.)? Simon, at the time, was a member of the West Coast Avengers and had his own solo series.
    Galactic, yes! I was having a blank in the middle word. Thanks for correcting me.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Apparently this version of Hyperion is strong enough to one-shot kill Galactus, so best of luck to Rogue, I hope she lands some hits and makes it out alive.
    I hope she does... Maybe Emma mind whammies Hype...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I read something from when Wonder Man "first" began to fly which was interesting. It said Simon could always fly and that is how he flew from the beginning: his belt jets were actually powered by his own ionic energy! He just did not know that he did not need the belt.
    I know, right?! Then during his '90s ongoing, Simon began doing the "Gamma Jump" whenever the jet-belt wasn't handy...

...or when the belt-jets were destroyed. Like it or not, Simon had no choice but to cover more ground by jumping:

That sounds stupid but even if she didn't try to straight up absorb him to even it out, with the right power combination she's still super dangerous to him.

Combining something like faster than light speed (Northstar), phasing (Shadowcat) and regenerative healing (Wolverine) should just straight up take him out. And that's just one example.

It's very easy to get ridiculously OP with Rogue's powerset with very little creativity, it just requires slight planning and locating the right mutants. Also the biggest obstacle which is PIS as seen in that preview.

Just from the blurbs I've seen, this Hyperion is every bit Silverage Superman, rather than a marvel level stand in.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

I read something from when Wonder Man "first" began to fly which was interesting. It said Simon could always fly and that is how he flew from the beginning: his belt jets were actually powered by his own ionic energy! He just did not know that he did not need the belt.
    Yes that is true. He sometimes used to pour more power into the jets to try to lift or move heavy objects. So they functioned as an extension of him while channeling his power. It seems he gained the flight power earlier then I thought. Around issue 25 of his ongoing. So he had it 4 issues of that and 1st issue of Force works and then he died. So there is a window. Operation galactic storm was earlier(8-10 of his ongoing) and he was leaping then.

It's insane how powerful Wonder Man is. I knew he was an ionic being(don't get me started on the science of Rogue absorbing that) but the applications and potential of his power is insane. He's up there with Sentry and Blue Marvel. Possibly surpassing them. The question then becomes just how powerful is Rogue while using his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Then during his '90s ongoing, Simon began doing the "Gamma Jump" whenever the jet-belt wasn't handy...

...or when the belt-jets were destroyed. Like it or not, Simon had no choice but to cover more ground by jumping:

Thank you again, K7. I always appreciate the scans you show!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes that is true. He sometimes used to pour more power into the jets to try to lift or move heavy objects. So they functioned as an extension of him while channeling his power. It seems he gained the flight power earlier then I thought. Around issue 25 of his ongoing. So he had it 4 issues of that and 1st issue of Force works and then he died. So there is a window. Operation galactic storm was earlier(8-10 of his ongoing) and he was leaping then.

It's insane how powerful Wonder Man is. I knew he was an ionic being(don't get me started on the science of Rogue absorbing that) but the applications and potential of his power is insane. He's up there with Sentry and Blue Marvel. Possibly surpassing them. The question then becomes just how powerful is Rogue while using his powers.
    True. I always thought Simon "knew" it was his power because he would lift many heavy objects and not worried about "burning out" the jets.....

I also agree very much with you here too. I always thought Simon was right up there at the top in strength and power.....but then Marvel seems to have dropped him.

Rogue seems to be showing the power Simon should and I look at it like a way of seeing some Simon feats, through her.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

True. I always thought Simon "knew" it was his power because he would lift many heavy objects and not worried about "burning out" the jets.....

I also agree very much with you here too. I always thought Simon was right up there at the top in strength and power.....but then Marvel seems to have dropped him.

Rogue seems to be showing the power Simon should and I look at it like a way of seeing some Simon feats, through her.
    It's a weird one with Rogue when absorbing these characters powers. Most of them are results from their special physiology. Carol is half kree. Simon is an ionic being. Both of them get their powers from their biology. So does Rogue copy that or does her body adapt so she can use/manifest these powers without actually changing her cells to a copy of those beings.

With Simon It seems he has suffered from them not finding an unique role for him. So many different ways to use his powers and such great strength. He has kind of fallen into this list. Thor is stronger because that is Thor's thing. Sometimes the Avengers has run with more then one powerhouse in strength. Sometimes they just want one and then Thor is first on that list. Then you got She-Hulk who offer other aspects beyond her strength. Witch I do believe Jason Aaron has increased anyway. It just seems that for Marvels usual templates for a team he isn't a first pick those slots he could occupy.

Thank you again, K7. I always appreciate the scans you show!
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9!

Compared to when they first met, I'm just glad that Rogue & Simon get along

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-23-2021 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9!

Compared to when they first met, I'm just glad that Rogue & Simon get along

I always considered Simon the equal of Thor in strength. This panel says he is, while others say he is not.