Page 88 of 127 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1891
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"Pardon me, Miss but...your Duggan-hate is showing."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "Pardon me, Miss but...your Duggan-hate is showing."

I am impartial, you cannot say what did everything right when it was not. showing Rogue sassy and hitting things is not enough.

While it is true he is not one of the worst writers he has ever had, he is far from being one of the best, I am not exaggerating, it is likely that he wrote the dumbest Rogue of all and that lowers points, for more good action scenes he gave us how brick flying.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Someone used a zero-sided die to roll Rogue's INT stat. Bruh.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Not really. She is smart abd cunning. She devised a plan to deal with a resurrected by the Hand Hulk. And for the most part was sucessful in limiting casualties. She also had Jonnhy burn the remains of Xavier's brain that Nazi Cap was planning on re-implanting in the Red Skull.
    Plus she managed to work with Cable behind Cap's back to get a cure for the M-pox.

She was the leader was the least expected, but still she did things as if her IQ did not exist. And I don't think they portrayed her like that in the 90s.
    Jason Aaron said that Rogue was the one with the idea to seize power from ALL heroes on earth, and she plus Sentry saved the planet, Rogue's greatest achievement so far, and better than anything she did under Duggan's writing. Jim Zub if I accept the portrait to Rogue as a capable and quite intelligent leader, in addition to that if he used the powers of absorption in his time with Rogue and the Avengers.

I'm going to list all the things that Duggan exposed to Rogue as an unthinking being.
    and I will leave the worst of all last.

1) Duggan On missions she never used absorption powers, and many missions she could have done better if she used her powers in combo.

2) In the middle of the press conference, presenting the second group of the unit team, Rogue jumps without thinking and throws dirt at the inhumans, leaving Emily and the whole team badly, this was the opposite of a thinking person.

3) Red Skull, he was trying for several days to control Rogue. And Cable warned her, but she over-trusted her natural ability to block telepathy and the additional training that Xavier gave her, she once again didn't listen, and she was stupid.

4) And worst of all, Rogue was infected not with one but with two diseases that put her life at risk, and she had to take constant medication, and she was suffering and she is so silly (under Duggan's command) that she forgot one of his powers, and may have doubled the power of Laura Old Logan or Deadpool,to heal herself.
    This was without a doubt the dumbest thing Rogue has ever done or will ever do.
    and this point specifically she has no forgiveness, she was suffering and her life was in danger, and her IQ was not enough to give her the answer to that problem, an answer that was also too logical.

So I insist, Rogue is smart but with Duggan she was not.
    Luckily Jim Zub remedied that and Rogue was smart again at UA.
    ����������������

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    She was the leader was the least expected, but still she did things as if her IQ did not exist. And I don't think they portrayed her like that in the 90s.
    Jason Aaron said that Rogue was the one with the idea to seize power from ALL heroes on earth, and she plus Sentry saved the planet, Rogue's greatest achievement so far, and better than anything she did under Duggan's writing. Jim Zub if I accept the portrait to Rogue as a capable and quite intelligent leader, in addition to that if he used the powers of absorption in his time with Rogue and the Avengers.

I'm going to list all the things that Duggan exposed to Rogue as an unthinking being.
    and I will leave the worst of all last.

1) Duggan On missions she never used absorption powers, and many missions she could have done better if she used her powers in combo.

2) In the middle of the press conference, presenting the second group of the unit team, Rogue jumps without thinking and throws dirt at the inhumans, leaving Emily and the whole team badly, this was the opposite of a thinking person.

3) Red Skull, he was trying for several days to control Rogue. And Cable warned her, but she over-trusted her natural ability to block telepathy and the additional training that Xavier gave her, she once again didn't listen, and she was stupid.

4) And worst of all, Rogue was infected not with one but with two diseases that put her life at risk, and she had to take constant medication, and she was suffering and she is so silly (under Duggan's command) that she forgot one of his powers, and may have doubled the power of Laura Old Logan or Deadpool,to heal herself.
    This was without a doubt the dumbest thing Rogue has ever done or will ever do.
    and this point specifically she has no forgiveness, she was suffering and her life was in danger, and her IQ was not enough to give her the answer to that problem, an answer that was also too logical.

So I insist, Rogue is smart but with Duggan she was not.
    Luckily Jim Zub remedied that and Rogue was smart again at UA.
    ����������������
    Zub did right by her too. Duggan started rough, but eventually she grew into the leader role. Especially after being fired by Nazi Rogers.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Zub did right by her too. Duggan started rough, but eventually she grew into the leader role. Especially after being fired by Nazi Rogers.
    But that Jim Zub was much better than Duggan is an irrefutable fact. Rogue used ALL of her powers, not just a part, she was smart, and she was a better Avengers leader with Zub than with Duggan. He also deepened more in the friendship relations between all the members of the group, Duggan only developed Rogue and Deadpool the others were merely filler, the same complaints that I see regarding Duggan received in Marauder, and his lack of development in most of the characters.

Duggan I am not telling you he is the worst Rogue writer in this world, because he is not, I enjoyed his action scenes and he portrays Rogue very well as a class 100 flying brick, But that is not enough for me, he did very good things with her, but also very bad things, many of them that make you think that Rogue had a below-average IQ, by Luck Jim Zub fixed that.

I'm not saying Duggan was one of the worst, but he's not one of the best Rogue writers either, I'd say he's exactly in the middle.

He's so overrated just because he's a Rogue fan, a fan who hates her absorbing powers but a fan lol,.
    and because he was the first who had the opportunity to expose Rogue again how the powerhouse was from which it was created, and that makes them not very critical of him.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Even during the Claremont run Rogue really only used her absorption powers only when absolutely necessary. Most of the time she used her Ms. Marvel powers. RogueÂ’s touch can kill or hurt so she should mostly use her Wonder Man powers.
    Do not compare Duggan with Claremont ... also that is a lie, Claremont used Rogue's mutant powers very creatively, and spent exploring his different characteristics of each of the different types of absorption he has.

Rogue used them as a secret trump card when, YES, but also used them to gather information, knock out an enemy quickly if he did not want to exceed his super strength, or they were used accidentally. Claremont used Rogue's absorption powers extensively for different purposes. Comparing it with a writer who in more than two years has not used absorption is ridiculous

Also, you have no idea of ​​the character, Rogue has full control of all her powers again, and when she has full control she decides if she does damage or not, because she restricts the absorption of vital energy if she wants, that is, she decides if she does damage or no, and that it takes specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Duggar had Rige sparingly use her absorption powers as she would have. I also love seeing her punch Juggernaut or Hulk. ItÂ’s rarely you see women characters with this level of strength and fighting abilities.

Moderation is NEVER use them powers? WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I'm totally happy that Duggan uses Rogue as the team muscle, headbusting Rogue has always been my favorite version of her.

The only cool thing Rogue did under Tini was beat up Apocalypse, I loved seeing that, but otherwise nothing happened of note with Rogue.

And Duggan actually did have Rogue defeat Gravitron using her absorption powers. Might be some other instances, but that's what i can remember off the top of my head.

Her absorption feats are just overshadowed in my mind by her strength feats, I just thoroughly enjoy seeing her punch the likes of Juggernaut across town, i'll never get tired of that.

Sbo I know You loves Rogue's flying brick powers, believe me too.But I also like absorption too, and I think she can use all of them, without neglecting her mutant powers. By the way Sbo no, Duggan did not use in more than two years the absorption in missions, the one of Graviton his work of Jim Zub, who was much better writer than Duggan with respect to Rogue.

I loved how Rogue defeated Graviton, precisely combining her brick powers with absorption ones, he is one of Rogue's greatest absorption achievements, Graviton is a tough nut to crack even for Thor and Hulk, and I don't see any Omega from the Confirmed list defeating Gravi lol, which speaks excellently of our girl's level.

I love this.

Graviton's face shows the terror and fear he felt.

[QUOTE=Sylarmax;5638121]But that Jim Zub was much better than Duggan is an irrefutable fact. Rogue used ALL of her powers, not just a part, she was smart, and she was a better Avengers leader with Zub than with Duggan. He also deepened more in the friendship relations between all the members of the group, Duggan only developed Rogue and Deadpool the others were merely filler, the same complaints that I see regarding Duggan received in Marauder, and his lack of development in most of the characters.

Duggan I am not telling you he is the worst Rogue writer in this world, because he is not, I enjoyed his action scenes and he portrays Rogue very well as a class 100 flying brick, But that is not enough for me, he did very good things with her, but also very bad things, many of them that make you think that Rogue had a below-average IQ, by Luck Jim Zub fixed that.

I'm not saying Duggan was one of the worst, but he's not one of the best Rogue writers either, I'd say he's exactly in the middle.

He's so overrated just because he's a Rogue fan, a fan who hates her absorbing powers but a fan lol,.
    and because he was the first who had the opportunity to expose Rogue again how the powerhouse was from which it was created, and that makes them not very critical of him.

Do not compare Duggan with Claremont ... also that is a lie, Claremont used Rogue's mutant powers very creatively, and spent exploring his different characteristics of each of the different types of absorption he has.

Rogue used them as a secret trump card when, YES, but also used them to gather information, knock out an enemy quickly if he did not want to exceed his super strength, or they were used accidentally. Claremont used Rogue's absorption powers extensively for different purposes. Comparing it with a writer who in more than two years has not used absorption is ridiculous

Also, you have no idea of ​​the character, Rogue has full control of all her powers again, and when she has full control she decides if she does damage or not, because she restricts the absorption of vital energy if she wants, that is, she decides if she does damage or no, and that it takes specifically.

Moderation is NEVER use them powers? WTF.

Sbo I know You loves Rogue's flying brick powers, believe me too.But I also like absorption too, and I think she can use all of them, without neglecting her mutant powers. By the way Sbo no, Duggan did not use in more than two years the absorption in missions, the one of Graviton his work of Jim Zub, who was much better writer than Duggan with respect to Rogue.

I loved how Rogue defeated Graviton, precisely combining her brick powers with absorption ones, he is one of Rogue's greatest absorption achievements, Graviton is a tough nut to crack even for Thor and Hulk, and I don't see any Omega from the Confirmed list defeating Gravi lol, which speaks excellently of our girl's level.

I love this.

Graviton's face shows the terror and fear he felt.

That and Rogue standing up to Juggy and actually punching him away were pretty damn incredible

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I get it...this is easier to draw but...oh Goddess how I miss her "skunk stripe". It was so original and iconic to her visual back then.
    Here, she and Eva Bell look as though they go to the same salon.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I get it...this is easier to draw but...oh Goddess how I miss her "skunk stripe". It was so original and iconic to her visual back then.
    OMG yes! Even the colorist got confused in Excalibur 22 when he colored Eva hair like Rogue's. They need to give her the skunk look back and give eva back her one blue tone color demi moore hairstyle

The unistreak did make a short come back in Duggan's Avengers. Back when Rogue was rocking a pompadour.

The unistreak did make a short come back in Duggan's Avengers. Back when Rogue was rocking a pompadour.
    All versions of Rogue's hair look great on her.

I just need an update to her uniform or a new one.
    But for her to keep her jacket, I think it gives it a very nice touch, but we need a new uniform.

I personally love how the Legacy uniform looked with the jacket ��

Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-21-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    All versions of Rogue's hair look great on her.

I just need an update to her uniform or a new one.
    But for her to keep her jacket, I think it gives it a very nice touch, but we need a new uniform.

I personally love how the Legacy uniform looked with the jacket ��

I love the legacy look too, but that scarf... Kill it with fire

Headband or no headband? Personally I will always love it, it’s just so anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Headband or no headband? Personally I will always love it, it’s just so anime.
    If she's going to insist on wearing the 90s costume, then yeah that thing better be on her head.

I love the legacy look too, but that scarf... Kill it with fire
    Yeah, for me the scarf can also disappear, but that uniform with the jacket looks beautiful.��

I would also eliminate her gloves, with control of her mutant powers, in addition to the fact that one of her powers is to be INVULNERABLE, I do not find much sense to have them.

Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-21-2021 at 07:17 PM.