Page 103 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1891
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    But again, I blame the writers. Paquin was great as Sookie in True Blood. And she was very vocal about her discontent with Rogue's lack of action scenes.
    Paquin as Sookie Rogue convinced me when i only saw one episide of that show. I am not a fan or a watcher though. Anna Paquin was always a good actress. They basically gave Rogue closer to a Kitty origin and she mostly became that but without the spunk. I actually wanted Ashley Judd to play her once but I decided she was much too thin. Janine Turner was another choice of mine but I think she would have been too old in the end.

But again, I blame the writers. Paquin was great as Sookie in True Blood. And she was very vocal about her discontent with Rogue's lack of action scenes.
    Indeed Paquin herself was not to blame, she is a great actress, it is the fault of the horrible script, and that is why she is the only Rogue that I hate and do not consider Rogue, that was a NORogue.

On the other hand Paquin in true Blood, Sookie was so Rogue lol even without powers she was very Bad ass and with a cheeky and daring attitude, which we asked Fox, but Fox seems like she enjoyed trolling Rogue fans, especially in x3... X_x

The only movie from the horrible Fox universe that Rogue had a decent portrayal ironically was the first XD.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-12-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Indeed Paquin herself was not to blame, she is a great actress, it is the fault of the horrible script, and that is why she is the only Rogue that I hate and do not consider Rogue, that was a NORogue.

On the other hand Paquin in true Blood, Sookie was so Rogue lol even without powers she was very Bad ass and with a cheeky and daring attitude, which we asked Fox, but Fox seems like she enjoyed trolling Rogue fans, especially in x3... X_x

The only movie from the horrible Fox universe that Rogue had a decent portrayal ironically was the first XD.
    I very much agree with this youtuber:
    https://youtu.be/FhBZcKed49Y
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I very much agree with this youtuber:
    https://youtu.be/FhBZcKed49Y
    Excellent video, very accurate.

I think in hindsight the first two movies weren't that bad for Rogue, let's say she was still in training, but the first movie was totally focused on Rogue really was her presentation and how her great powers were needed by Magneto to amplify his and convert everyone In MUTANTS, the second film, she had a slight boost in personality, and it seemed we were going in the right direction, even though I hated the plane.
    lol, and how it ended up with her already being part of the mission group, everything seemed to indicate that we would finally have a Rogue with the personality we know.

Also the only times Woverine came close to death in this movie series were because of Rogue's touch.

But x3 was absolutely horrible and pointless for Rogue, you can understand if in x1 or x2 she had doubts about giving up her powers, but x3 was not the time, they just murdered Scott and Xavier, and they were in the middle of a war with Magento her followers and Jean, and instead of her being willing to help her peers who needed all the help possible, no ... Rogue acts in a totally selfish and senseless way, and she does not care about the deaths of Xavier and Scott , nor wait to help his mutant family who were obviously going to go after Magneto and Jean.

Rogue said heck it is more important to be able to kiss my boyfriend, not to mention that he and all his friends could have died, well it was not the time, x3 was a total trolling for Rogue fans.

X3 was a total waste for Rogue, despite being from the leading group and her powers were established at a high level, by history Magneto and Xavier's mentions, we never saw her use them in the middle of battle, x3 was the perfect opportunity.

She was first able to have an encounter with Juggy and be extremely useful by disabling him or doubling his super strength.

Second in the final battle Rogue could be extremely useful for the battle, I mean it was the perfect opportunity to use her no restraining powers and become a deux ex machina, absorbing multiple powers from the enemies, I mean the setting was perfect Rogue had a buffet of powers in that final battle, but no, they decided to exclude her

Rogue is the only one of the main group (except those who died) who did not have a fight in X3, until Kitty who before x3 she was only a wallpapper and WTF Colossus who in the entire trilogy was only filler.
    Rogue in X3 excludes her from fights, when she presented the perfect opportunities for her to show off her powers.

Anyway X_x.
    thank god the MCU now has the rights, worse than Fox they can't do it.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-13-2021 at 02:26 AM.

worse than Fox they can't do it.
    challenge accepted

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    challenge accepted
    Lol! Fon't tell them that!

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    challenge accepted
    XD how much evil is in your soul.
    LOL.

But seriously Fox did a terrible job and so far Marvel / Disney seems to me they have done it excellent, our mutants do not have to be the exception.

XD how much evil is in your soul.
    LOL.

But seriously Fox did a terrible job and so far Marvel / Disney seems to me they have done it excellent, our mutants do not have to be the exception.
    if you don't count the mess that was Inhumans

XMEN2021003_Preview-2.jpg
    Larrazcontinues to make our gal shine! she looks so damn good!

That actress has or had in the 2000 movies an absolutely beautiful face.
    she definitely gave more to embody Rogue physically speaking than Anna Paquin lol.

Although with Paquin I could overlook that it was not "so pretty" how you really should be to be Rogue, that could be overlooked if at least she had Rogue's badass attitude, but no, but in her defense the script was a ****, and Paquin is a fan of the character, she complained many times because Rogue did not have that personality, and she fought for them to make her more rude, unfortunately they never listened to her X_x

Rogue from the Fox movies is the only version of Rogue that I don't like, I don't even consider it Rogue, it's a NORogue,

Hopefully the MCU gets it right, although worse than Fox it obviously won't lol.
    Agreed.i hate to sound shallow but physically anna paquin never felt pretty enough to be rogue. Rogue always came across (at least to me) as very pretty yet cursed to be unable to be touched by any man. I do think that anna paquin could of played the spicier rogue if given the chance.

XMEN2021003_Preview-2.jpg
    Larrazcontinues to make our gal shine! she looks so damn good!
    Absolutely! Great cover on this upcoming issue as well.

AIPT: As we wrap up, is there any story beat or character you regret you didn’t get around to working on?

Jonathan: Character-wise, I had to pull all the Rogue stuff out of Inferno and I’m pretty bummed about that. We just didn’t have the real estate. I almost asked for an additional issue or even bigger issues, but the former came with calendar/scheduling problems, and the latter wasn’t possible without bringing in another artist. So I had to move on.

... anger rising ... @%$# ... guess this just confirms what we already knew, that Rogue won't have any part in Inferno which is frankly ridiculous.

Awwwwwwww C'mon! It focuses on her adoptive family. I mean marvel love to show family for just about every hero but when it comes to adoptive families like in Rogue's case that don't even TRY to show any interaction between Mysytique, Rogue, or Nightcrawler. Let alone has she EVEN tried looking for her father? I mean I KNOW that man has started up another family somewhere out there.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! I'm good with Rogue not being a main figure in Inferno.

I can see her doing either one of two things...
    a: Siding with Mystique...because yes, Moira and Co. are wrong.
    b: Saying she has had enough of the family drama to last her a few lifetimes and leave them to sort their **** out, and be there to support and pick up the pieces whichever way it falls.

Either which, doesn't impact significantly on the main story itself...so I understand about the lack of "real estate".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!