Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Oh REAL Owen can totally still be an awful man.

I'm just thinking since we are stuck with that solo as actual canon that nobody wants and Rogue has never tried to find/reconnect with her Father who is not actually dead and she has never divulged her surname ... what if he KNEW or at least suspected that Rogue wasn't actually his biological daughter? Maybe he even said something to that effect to her Aunt before he skipped town? He can still be an abusive slime ball.

Anyway, it's an easy way to make her Mystique's actual kid without making that Rogue solo a total fever dream ... which it basically was anyway. But faking the existence of Priscilla and Aunt Carrie, who helped deliver Rogue and raised her for a time, would be trickier than a shapeshifter posing as a trash husband for a single fateful night.

It would also honor something Claremont wanted to do with Mystique, if not quite the way he intended.

And if Destiny told Mystique to go boink some random woman in Mississippi in order to create a child that would one day save Destiny, you and I know Mystique would do it in a hot second. And it would explain why she was out there to conveniently collect Rogue later.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 01-22-2021 at 07:32 PM.

I'd totally take them rectonning Mystique to be her biological father. also anything is better than the hippie origin

My only worry is the origin would probably get the wrong sort of attention from radicals if they ever introduced it into the MCU. Then again... she already has lesbian terrorists for adoptive parents so why not go the extra mile? ; D

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I know its a thing of the past but so much this. I know they bonded pretty closely but it never got touched on. shame really
    Now that I think about it, almost all of Hope's plots pretty much got dropped tbh. Her future of turning evil, her creepy connection with the Lights, even her connection to Cable in some senses. Though I guess she is repeating the cult-like behavior with The Five... I honestly think that's part of her power.

Finally found a reliable way to make GIFs from TAS so I'm abusing it lol

EUjgRYRWoAInA5E.jpg
    Scrapped looks for Rogue on Excalibur...
    More here: https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/...594333184?s=20
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    EUjgRYRWoAInA5E.jpg
    Yeah I REALLY liked that first one with the braid.

EUjgRYRWoAInA5E.jpg
    Even in that the book makes mistakes.

Id Like to Rogue to be more vocal in her other mommy situation.

ALSO. Maybe some shake up in her origins. That solo was... mediocre at least.

Hope Marvel give Carey a Rogue book again.

For me

Carey
    Duggan
    Wells
    Thompson

are her most efficent writers.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

I'm just thinking since we are stuck with that solo as actual canon that nobody wants and Rogue has never tried to find/reconnect with her Father who is not actually dead and she has never divulged her surname ... what if he KNEW or at least suspected that Rogue wasn't actually his biological daughter? Maybe he even said something to that effect to her Aunt before he skipped town? He can still be an abusive slime ball.

Anyway, it's an easy way to make her Mystique's actual kid without making that Rogue solo a total fever dream ... which it basically was anyway. But faking the existence of Priscilla and Aunt Carrie, who helped deliver Rogue and raised her for a time, would be trickier than a shapeshifter posing as a trash husband for a single fateful night.

It would also honor something Claremont wanted to do with Mystique, if not quite the way he intended.

And if Destiny told Mystique to go boink some random woman in Mississippi in order to create a child that would one day save Destiny, you and I know Mystique would do it in a hot second. And it would explain why she was out there to conveniently collect Rogue later.
    Like the way you think Apple J. I always wondered how come Rogue hasn't voice her opinion about bringing back her mom Destiny and join her mom Mystique outrage.
    I wanta be Rogue when i grow up.

You know that mystique is a woman right? So with all due respect you say it she does not make the slightest sense.

MYSTIQUE is biologically female. The fact that she is a shapeshifter does not mean that she also changes her biology .. In other words, she could have the body of a man in appearance .. And even have sex like a man ... But she will not get sperm.... ForGod, she will remain a woman biologically speaking. A little consistency.

I really like the idea that mystique is Rogue's biological mother. And in fact that can be done very easy. Like mystique left Rogue with a southern family, or that she just did a baby swap at the hospital, this things like that are more common than you think.

As for Owen we know little about him, not to say that we know nothing. Except that he is alive, So this can be very interesting if he is crafted well. Since this story of Rogue's father is a blank book.

I believe it is very possible that Owen is a Mutant or son of someone very powerful. That would explain why his daughter is one of the most powerful mutant on the planet. The possibility that Rogue may be familiar with Selene has also passed into my mind. Maybe she's Rogue's grandmother ???

I say one of Rogue's powers is similar to Selene's main one .. And it is the Absorption of vital energy that is not a power at all common. Only 5 characters come to mind.
    With that power, Rogue Selene Sauron Emplate and the mutant that of the viper team that fed on souls.

And Sauron good the power of he is by an experiment, so discarded.

Emplate takes power in a different, more vampiric way.

But Rogue and Selene take it very similarly if not exactly.
    Only despite the fact that in their confrontation for some reason Selene was immune to Rogue, But by canon we know that Rogue's absorption is much more powerful and potent than Selene's. Even when she had no control, With much more in control. Selene has always had trouble draining mutants and she is very slow if she tries to do with mutants, and they have always been able to easily pull her away from her. As for very powerful beings like apocalypse or thor Selene has been useless. That's why I think what happened when she met the rogue teenager.
    She was simply resistant because of the similarity of her powers. And because Rogue still had her immature power of hers. Despite being more powerful than Selene's tests.
    I would like that now that Rogue's power is developing without blockages they would face each other again in an absorption fight although Rogue laughs with her easy.

But if I think about it, it is possible that they are biologically related. Life energy stealing as I said is a very rare and uncommon skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    You know that mystique is a woman right? So with all due respect you say it she does not make the slightest sense.

MYSTIQUE is biologically female. The fact that she is a shapeshifter does not mean that she also changes her biology .. In other words, she could have the body of a man in appearance .. And even have sex like a man ... But she will not get sperm.... ForGod, she will remain a woman biologically speaking. A little consistency.
    This fanfic may be operating from the vintage Claremont idea that Mystique is trans and can function as a male. That was the twist in the original Nightcrawler is Mystique's son story...
    CBR has a rundown of the suggestion that Rogue belongs biologically to Raven and Irene, as well as the Nightcrawler origin story plan...
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-rogue-myst...estiny-mother/

I still cotton to the idea that Rogue is a RANKIN. Making her kin to the similarly powered Mimic.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Anna-..._(Earth-90214)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-24-2021 at 08:18 AM.

To be honest.

Something dont have to be weird to be rupturist.

If Mystique is a "trans" and a father of Rogue. that means that Rogue will be step brother to Charles Xavier Jr

I Prefer the Selene familly thingie.

Imagine being able to buy that a character can change every cell in their body to alter their appearance, but can't change the cells for reproduction? Truly? LOL

But yes, Claremont wanted to challenge the bounds of Mystique's gender identity for quite a while. We can't save poor Nightcrawler from bad writing at this point (see The Draco), but maybe we can save Rogue.

If she does end up having mutant parentage and didn't just happen by chance, you have to ask yourself "What was the motivation of her creation?" Who would want to impregnate a random, poor woman in Mississippi with a mutant child?

You could argue a one night stand or make Owen a relation of a mutant family I suppose?

It isn't impossible to undo or impersonate Priscilla or Aunt Carrie, but with two people it becomes incredibly complex and convoluted to form a logical narrative of why neither is who they say they are. Especially with Carrie still hanging about and being witness to these events. What would be her motivation to lie to Rogue? Unless the entire story and all three characters are a fabrication. But why would someone do that unless Rogue was incredibly important? And who would know ahead of time how important she would be?

All I know is someone needs to fix the Rogue origin story and it needs a deft hand.

EUjgRYRWoAInA5E.jpg
    I'm glad they were scrapped I don't like any of them.

The first one doesn't look too bad except for the sash, buttoned up jacket, and lack of big hair,
    the rest look awful

Astonishing Member

All I know is someone needs to fix the Rogue origin story and it needs a deft hand.
    This is meant as a joke. But if one wants Rogue and Mystique to be biological related in some way, if not as mother or father, you could retcon Mystique into being her grandmother or grandfather via some differently convulted means.

Maybe we can discover than chanchan chan

Raven is her momma and her Daddy is...... Professor X

Also Raven is Selene great great great great grandaugther
    And aunt to Amara

That can explain Rogue's Magic afinity in Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    That's not quite true. During the Fall of the Mutants, Rogue was able to absorb the magical power of the Adversary and use it to open a portal.
    Hmmmm if thats true then i wonder why Rogue couldn't use or understand Chaos magic?
    .....Wait...... it's in the name isn't it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I'm glad they were scrapped I don't like any of them.

The first one doesn't look too bad except for the sash, buttoned up jacket, and lack of big hair,
    the rest look awful
    I just need someone to take the time and think about her outfit. I personally would love a more bad a$$ outfit for Rogue (something other than the 90's look). I don't mind braids, big hair, or straightened hair. She looks good with them all, I just don't like it when they chop her hair.