Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I'd totally take them rectonning Mystique to be her biological father. also anything is better than the hippie origin

My only worry is the origin would probably get the wrong sort of attention from radicals if they ever introduced it into the MCU. Then again... she already has lesbian terrorists for adoptive parents so why not go the extra mile? ; D

Now that I think about it, almost all of Hope's plots pretty much got dropped tbh. Her future of turning evil, her creepy connection with the Lights, even her connection to Cable in some senses. Though I guess she is repeating the cult-like behavior with The Five... I honestly think that's part of her power.

Finally found a reliable way to make GIFs from TAS so I'm abusing it lol

OK, ADMIT it, ROGUE dominated that storyline. It wasn't over the top but it showed Rogue don't play when fighting.

LOL my head cannon has Owen started a new family after losing his wife to the outer banks (Was that the name of the place Priscilla got sucked into? Can't remember) He ends up having 2 boys who are also mutants. A major problem occurs around her old stomping ground which brings her to a chance encounter with one of them. After all the confusion, The X-men drop the mutant off at his family house to where his family comes running out to see what's going on. As the group of X-Men try to convince the young men about krakoa, the father of the boys spots Rogue and in shock calls her by her birthname. Rogue looking confused trying to figure out who this man is and how does he knows her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    LOL my head cannon has Owen started a new family after losing his wife to the outer banks (Was that the name of the place Priscilla got sucked into? Can't remember) He ends up having 2 boys who are also mutants. A major problem occurs around her old stomping ground which brings her to a chance encounter with one of them. After all the confusion, The X-men drop the mutant off at his family house to where his family comes running out to see what's going on. As the group of X-Men try to convince the young men about krakoa, the father of the boys spots Rogue and in shock calls her by her birthname. Rogue looking confused trying to figure out who this man is and how does he knows her name.
    Could happen in Excalibur... They deal with magic and that seems like a magic sitch.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    OK, ADMIT it, ROGUE dominated that storyline. It wasn't over the top but it showed Rogue don't play when fighting.
    Yes Rogue kicked butt during the Phoenix Saga. It's always fun seeing Rogue cut loose in an animated series. I really do hope we get an announcement on a new one with Rogue in it as a main character.

In other related news, I'm going to start making posts reviewing some of Rogue's most important writers. So I'm currently doing rereads of runs since my memories pretty hazy on a lot of older one's.

So far I've got Claremont, Howard Mackie, Austen*, Robert Rodi**, Ted Bedard**, Milligan, Carey, Christos Gage, Rick Remember, Gerry Duggan, Kelly Thompson, and Tini Howard. Is there anyone else I'm missing, particularly from the 90s that I should read up on? That's kind of a giant blank spot for me.

Also is Rogue Vol 2 even in the 616? I read it recently and it reads like an AU...

* I know Austen basically only had Anna for about 8 issues but it leads directly into the Milligan mess so I wanted to cover it too
    ** For some reason I thought Ted Bedard wrote the entire Rogue Vol 3 run but apparently it was only an arc lol

I'd totally take them rectonning Mystique to be her biological father. also anything is better than the hippie origin

My only worry is the origin would probably get the wrong sort of attention from radicals if they ever introduced it into the MCU. Then again... she already has lesbian terrorists for adoptive parents so why not go the extra mile? ; D

Now that I think about it, almost all of Hope's plots pretty much got dropped tbh. Her future of turning evil, her creepy connection with the Lights, even her connection to Cable in some senses. Though I guess she is repeating the cult-like behavior with The Five... I honestly think that's part of her power.

Finally found a reliable way to make GIFs from TAS so I'm abusing it lol

Rogue was the MVP of that show, no doubt. Loved seeing her take the fight to the likes of Jugs and Gladiator.

Rogue isnt even a option in the New Xmen choose thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    No respect, No respect at all.

Hullo ? Avungers Office?

You want a Unity Squad again? Please Take Roguey. i dont wanna sound like the usa former president but.

Duggan, Wells anyone Make Rogue Great again.

Hullo ? Avungers Office?

You want a Unity Squad again? Please Take Roguey. i dont wanna sound like the usa former president but.

Duggan, Wells anyone Make Rogue Great again.
    LMAO Yooooo I WILL CO-SIGN WITH YOU ON THIS

That art by Flowers is real nice seccruz!

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Rogue was the MVP of that show, no doubt. Loved seeing her take the fight to the likes of Jugs and Gladiator.
    True. Even when she lost, she lost with style.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus
    Yea... when I heard it was going to be a limited poll, already knew she wasn't gonna be on it. Hickman just does not care.

That art by Flowers is real nice seccruz!

True. Even when she lost, she lost with style.

Yea and she was the only X-Man who really had a good showing against the Imp Guard.

She was getting the best of Gladiator for a bit. I kept saying, take off your gloves Rogue, finish him!

I doubt she'll be on the roster, but the poll is only for the final member of the team. The rest of the cast is being chosen by the writers, and as far as I know, we don't know any of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Yea and she was the only X-Man who really had a good showing against the Imp Guard.
    I think she managed to hit 7 (out of 12) of the Imperial Guard lol. Definitely MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo
    She was getting the best of Gladiator for a bit. I kept saying, take off your gloves Rogue, finish him!
    Tell me about it!

It was even more frustrating infuriating in their "rematch" in X-Men 92. She literally gets beat up black n' blue but refused to absorb him. Granted she was stalling but still... she could have ended the fight herself if she just absorbed him.

I think she managed to hit 7 (out of 12) of the Imperial Guard lol. Definitely MVP.

Tell me about it!

It was even more frustrating infuriating in their "rematch" in X-Men 92. She literally gets beat up black n' blue but refused to absorb him. Granted she was stalling but still... she could have ended the fight herself if she just absorbed him.

That annoyed me too. At least make her fight smarter and to the best of her ability

I don't mind seeing Rogue lose, but I hate to see her take a merciless beating unnecessarily.

She's like Popeye, she won't break out the secret weapon until after the big guys beats her ass and it's almost too late.