Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I think she's still part of Duggan's X-Men...considering that book is still continuing during the Wolverine event and doesn't seem to be a major part of the shake-up/break-up of the line...which I'm quite okies with.
    So are most of the other titles getting canceled/going on hold during the wolverine event?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh hell yes! Rogue and Iceman roadtrip to tell off his Dad please!
    Rogue is at her best when she is being empathic but also putting a verbal smackdown to some haters, so I definitely hope the 97 revival will keep that same spirit.

As for the new Destiny of X teaser(s), personally I'm disappointed. The focus still seems to be on the same cast of characters Dawn and Reign have focused on, which is getting stale. They added Destiny back but her daughter is nowhere to be seen? *rolls eyes*

Part of why I've been so inactive on this board is this era of books being so disappointing and sadly it doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. :/ Oh well, the full changes haven't been seen yet so there's still some small hope...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    So are most of the other titles getting canceled/going on hold during the wolverine event?
    Yes.
    Excalibur, X-Force, SWORD, Marauders, Hellions are tying up their final arcs. New Mutants is still ongoing but very much delayed (so it might as well be "on hold")
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Loved Inferno 3 but I feel we could have gotten Rogue in here easy, unless issue 4 ties into some stuff from 3 that I feel wasn't integral to the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Although she might not be in the Destiny of X promo doesn't mean Limbo I believe. I hear Rogue is pretty much absent on some stuff only got me thinking that something is coming for girl. What is it? I have no clue but something has to be coming. She is an important character like the rest of the Og's to be completely wiped or place in limbo. I could be wrong but something has to give at some point
    It is practically how it is now in xmen in a limbo, as a wallpaper, despite being in the main book, Hopefully you will have a topic where it was something important, or will be a little more focused on it, and the rest to sleep as wallpaper again.

Rogue hasn't been relevant for about two years, since all this Krakoa nonsense with Hickman started, and Jordan D.Withe is a lousy editor, who seems to follow the directions Hickman gave him, in Destiny Of X, which basically doesn't even appear in those stories despite being closely related to the visions of alternative futures of one of her mothers DESTINY.

That said, of course, this black stage of Rogue will change, most likely when the Xmen series in released on Disney + that is believed or not that always benefits the treatment of the characters in the comics. Of the rest, although disappointing, you have to be patient, probably in DestinyofX Rogue in his own book may not even appear, or is even more irrelevant as a walpapper.
    THAT IS TO SAY PATIENCE UNTIL THE SERIES IS RELEASED AND WITH IT, ROGUE GETS BACK ITS RELEVANCE.

Either hopefully before it is released it would be animated, or it is finally grabbed by a writer who is interested in Rogue, or Duggan if he is still in control of Rogue, he finally decides to change the focus from Jean to Rogue, at this point I think the focus of duggan has been jean by a bloody editorial order, but it doesn't make sense that Duggan went from loving Rogue to not giving a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I think she's still part of Duggan's X-Men...considering that book is still continuing during the Wolverine event and doesn't seem to be a major part of the shake-up/break-up of the line...which I'm quite okies with.
    Obviously if you are not a fan of the character you is ok.... that it does not continue to appear in the following events and continues to be trapped as a wallpaper.

In the promotional art of DoX there are practically every character in the books, or at least what is supposed to do something relevant, and Rogue?
    To be sure, since they started this Hickman nonsense does not exist.

Please animated series is coming soon XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    It is practically how it is now in xmen in a limbo, as a wallpaper, despite being in the main book, Hopefully you will have a topic where it was something important, or will be a little more focused on it, and the rest to sleep as wallpaper again.

Rogue hasn't been relevant for about two years, since all this Krakoa nonsense with Hickman started, and Jordan D.Withe is a lousy editor, who seems to follow the directions Hickman gave him, in Destiny Of X, which basically doesn't even appear in those stories despite being closely related to the visions of alternative futures of one of her mothers DESTINY.
    Interesting. I honestly think Marvel may have something planned for Rogue next year with how little they expose or utilize her in X-Men. Then again I could be wrong but I'm hopeful. (Slightly hopeful. Don't want to burn the world down lol) Just like you I want a competent writer who utilizes Rogue to her fullest. Powers and all. Just not in the expense of another character like they have been doing to her. That's just me tho

Rogue appeared briefly in Hellions along with the rest of the X-Men

Here’s what Gillen had to say about the new series...
    “So, the match is lit, and IMMORTAL X-MEN is a book about the burning. To speak in a Hickmanian idiom, this is the NEW AVENGERS to Gerry [Duggan]'s AVENGERS. This is the book about Krakoa, and the Quiet council, with all its muffled screams.
    Hopefully, this means that the bridge between the 2 books also includes Destiny and Rogue's relationship. I trust Gerry Duggan not to drop this ball. So much can be explored with Rogue finally having her 2 mothers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Interesting. I honestly think Marvel may have something planned for Rogue next year with how little they expose or utilize her in X-Men.
    2021 should've been Rogue's year. It was the 40th anniversary of her 1st appearance, if I remember correctly.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    2021 should've been Rogue's year. It was the 40th anniversary of her 1st appearance, if I remember correctly.
    You're absolutely correct! According to this wiki, Avengers Annual #10 is her 1st appearance:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're absolutely correct! According to this wiki, Avengers Annual #10 is her 1st appearance:

And what a first appearance! Kicking the asses of the Avengers!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    And what a first appearance! Kicking the asses of the Avengers!
    Indeed. Even though she wasn't able to absorb Simon, she still defeated him quite handily with the other powers she had already acquired earlier...

A sign of boredom, but I did a word comparison for a few characters in X-Men vol 6; using Jean, Sunfire and Rogue. This just a rough guestimate as with some dialogue it is not always clear who is speaking, but it highlights why people have been voicing problems with Duggan's usage of the characters.

Jean
    X-MEN 1: 177 words
    X-MEN 2: 363 words
    X-MEN 3: 182 words
    X-MEN 4: 276 words
    X-Men 5: 79 words
    Average: 215 words

Sunfire
    X-MEN 1: 46 words
    X-MEN 2: 195 words
    X-MEN 3: 11 words
    X-MEN 4: 0
    X-Men 5: 19 words
    Average: 54 words

Rogue
    X-MEN 1: 75 words
    X-MEN 2: 116 words
    X-MEN 3: 72 words
    X-MEN 4: 0
    X-Men 5: 17 words
    Average: 56 words

Emma
    X-MEN 4: 12 words
    X-MEN 5: 24 words

Honestly if it wasn't for that exposition dump in X-Men 2, which again why was Sunfire explaining this to random people, Sunfire's average would be so bad. All Shiro's done is act as solar raid spray in issue 2 and get knocked out since.

Also I have to laugh that Emma in Jean's dream and the cameo in issue 5 had more dialogue than both Shiro and Anna the last two issues.

how X-MEN vol 6 currently makes me feel

Playing devils advocate, you could argue Duggan is using Jean as story exposition using her telepathy but she honestly gets a lot of emotional beats (comforting Polaris, coaching Synch) , romantic moments with Scott and has agency in unraveling the main plot as well which results in her high average.

But Jean isn't the real issue, the real problem is lack of engagement from most of the other characters. You should expect more from a character in a series than just glorified cameos in their own books. I was hoping by adding the numbers up I would have seen maybe I was exaggerating how underutilized Rogue has been so far, but honestly it just seemed to prove the point.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 12-16-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Even though she wasn't able to absorb Simon, she still defeated him quite handily with the other powers she had already acquired earlier...
    She had siphoned Thor at that time, I think. Adding to what she took from Danvers, it was more than enough to handle Simon.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She had siphoned Thor at that time, I think. Adding to what she took from Danvers, it was more than enough to handle Simon.
    Yes, correct! Along with the tactical prowess & expert H2H combat skills of Captain America (616):