Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yes, correct! Along with the tactical prowess & expert H2H combat skills of Captain America (616):

I did like the respect Simon got for her. And the friendship that came afterwards
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I did like the respect Simon got for her. And the friendship that came afterwards
    Agreed. Hopefully, it can be brought back someday.

Agreed. Hopefully, it can be brought back someday.

Here, here. Maybe in the new Avengers & X-Men thing in Comic book day

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

All this Coipel art is really making me miss his X-work
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    All this Coipel art is really making me miss his X-work
    Same here! It was always so sparce...

tumblr_57be9a4b52c4a4c4202cdab425f08ea4_980bb687_1280.jpg
    Bc you can never have too much Rogue art.

Just a tired and exasperated Rogue fan venting some frustration. In the Destiny of X thread someone was opining their disbelief that Banshee is not a bigger player in this Moira situation. Someone responded that Hickman, while great at worldbuilding, is not great at interpersonal relationships and hitting the emotional beats. And man is that so true. This era has been so disappointing for me personally, with all the skipped and ignored personal and emotional moments that should have come from all these mutants being brought back to life and all the changes that have come into the lives of all the mutants due to the new Krakoan nation. As a character focused reader that lives and breathes for the interpersonal dynamics I have been beyond dissatisfied by this kind of storytelling.

Now speaking as a huge Rogue fan(second favorite X-Man after Gambit), I am so tired of her being so irrelevant and largely ignored in all these huge proceedings that should heavily effect her character. I am tired of all her relationships being ignored and I am tired of a character that has in recent history(last couple decades) been assuming more and more leadership positions being left out of all the discourse and seemingly seated at the kids table so the "grown-ups" can do what needs to be done. I mean OF COURSE it had to be Rogue's scene that was cut from the current Inferno series. Of course! Got to save that page or panel or two to free up space for more Emma Frost or Wolverine or whoever else has been extremely prominent already this era and interacting with everyone. No time to see Rogue's reaction to Destiny being brought back. It is probably going to be yet another one of those off panel scenes that we will never get to see now. Ugh! I mean one of her mothers has been on the same side as her and even one of the leaders of their new nation from the beginning of this era and there has been ZERO real interaction between the two the whole time that I can recall. I was hoping we would at least see Mystique congratulating her on making the X-Men team during the Gala, but nope! Also, while I was excited about her making the official X-Men team and am still hopeful Duggan will finally start doing something with her, it has been a whole lot of nothing so far unfortunately. Honestly just a huge bummer all around.

Anyway, sorry, just feeling a bit irritated and frustrated with Hickman, Tini Howard, and to a lesser extent Duggan, and had to get it off my chest. I sure hope this next era for the X-Men is different, but it is certainly not looking good so far. I hope Duggan has plans for her in the future and I hope someone will be asking Gillen in these X-Men Monday interviews or something if he has any plans to have Rogue talk to Mystique and Destiny, or for them to even acknowledge her existence in Immortal X-Men. I guess there is always hope for the future, however slim it appears at times. Here is hoping with Hickman leaving, X-Men '97, and her potentially being used in the MCU things starts changing for her in the comics.
    Last edited by thjan; 12-19-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Being familiar with HiX-Man's writing style I don't understand why anyone would think that he wrote like Claremont ie character/relationships before plot.

I'm sorry to burst any bubbles but HiX-Man leaving doesn't change anything with regards to how your favourite characters will be written considering the same writers who've been here from the start of Dawn of X are still writing these books.

Hopefully Gillen will at least acknowledge her relationship with Destiny and Mystique but since she's under Duggan's purview in X-Men I won't hold out for much more than a "shout-out".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Being familiar with HiX-Man's writing style I don't understand why anyone would think that he wrote like Claremont ie character/relationships before plot.
    No you are right and I was certainly familiar with Hickman's writing style and wasn't expecting anything big. But to hear that Rogue's probably bare minimum scene was cut hurt. I mean I would take even bare minimum at this point. Any kind of acknowledgement of her existence in relation to these characters, no matter how small. Sheesh.

I'm sorry to burst any bubbles but HiX-Man leaving doesn't change anything with regards to how your favourite characters will be written considering the same writers who've been here from the start of Dawn of X are still writing these books.
    Not bursting any bubbles here. I don't have a lot of hope. Like you said mostly same old writers, but maybe Gillen will surprise me. I have always enjoyed his writing. Hickman leaving at the very least frees Mystique and Destiny related plots from being mostly under his thumb. Other writers might have them interact interact with more characters now.

Hopefully Gillen will at least acknowledge her relationship with Destiny and Mystique but since she's under Duggan's purview in X-Men I won't hold out for much more than a "shout-out".
    Yeah, and honestly that is all I am hoping for at this point. Give me even crumbs at this point. Something!

Nothing wrong with your post thjan. I think lot of Roue fans have been disappointed these past coupe of years.

Till we see a real relaunch, probably won't see much change.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Same here! It was always so sparce...
    The majority won't agree, but Coipel's version always reminds me of Silvestri's version (LOL):

Silvestri version

Coipel Version

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-20-2021 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

The majority won't agree, but Coipel's version always reminds me of Silvestri's version (LOL):

Silvestri version

Coipel Version

Ooh. It does a bit, yeah!

Extraordinary Member

If this isn't the truth!

Rogue wasn't under Hickman's purview.We already know that most writers even picked their own teams from an interview/podcast w/Leah williams IIRC.

Hickman doesn't write character driven plots anyways but he still writes characters well.His Avengers/FF showed that in spades.For the status quo he set even the ones he's writing in X era have been great.

He doesn't handle Rogue, he never did.

Here's hoping Gillen does acknowledge that and maybe even use it for a plot long term

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If this isn't the truth!

Rogue wasn't under Hickman's purview.We already know that most writers even picked their own teams from an interview/podcast w/Leah williams IIRC.

Hickman doesn't write character driven plots anyways but he still writes characters well.His Avengers/FF showed that in spades.For the status quo he set even the ones he's writing in X era have been great.

Here's hoping Gillen does acknowledge that and maybe even use it for a plot long term
    the stupid thing was that it could have done in like 2/3 pages...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If this isn't the truth!

Uh, I wasn't pulling that out of nowhere or something. Hickman mentioned in a interview somewhere that he regretted having to cut Rogue's scene from Inferno. If he hadn't said anything about Rogue I would not have ever expected him to use her, since like you said he seemed to have no interest in the character. I was just expressing disappointment that of all the scenes and pages in Inferno, that is the one that just had to be cut.