Page 123 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1891
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Uh, I wasn't pulling that out of nowhere or something. Hickman mentioned in a interview somewhere that he regretted having to cut Rogue's scene from Inferno. If he hadn't said anything about Rogue I would not have ever expected him to use her, since like you said he seemed to have no interest in the character. I was just expressing disappointment that of all the scenes and pages in Inferno, that is the one that just had to be cut.
    I am with you on this. I think Inferno is fine as is, but I'm really curious what Rogue's role would have been and feel like it would have been nice to at least see her reaction to everything going on
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I am with you on this. I think Inferno is fine as is, but I'm really curious what Rogue's role would have been and feel like it would have been nice to at least see her reaction to everything going on
    Do you think Rogue would have helped Mystique if she asked her for help resurrecting Irene? Do you think Mystique would have even asked her? For what ever reason I think it would have been out of character for her to do so underhandedly, especially to hurt Moira no matter what Mystique and Irene think she did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Uh, I wasn't pulling that out of nowhere or something. Hickman mentioned in a interview somewhere that he regretted having to cut Rogue's scene from Inferno. If he hadn't said anything about Rogue I would not have ever expected him to use her, since like you said he seemed to have no interest in the character. I was just expressing disappointment that of all the scenes and pages in Inferno, that is the one that just had to be cut.
    I don't think I quoted you, my post quoted someone saying Hickman leaving won't have much of an effect on Rogue which I agree w/.

As for the cameo I agree it's a shame but the fact she's not main/integral part of his story is probably why it was cut.If he stuck around longer we would have gotten that scene.I hope someone follows up on that tbh

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At this point Gillen seems to be the best bet to follow up on a Destiny/Mystique/Rogue reunion as he's writing Destique in Immortal XM and he's very familiar with Rogue...fingers crossed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Do you think Rogue would have helped Mystique if she asked her for help resurrecting Irene? Do you think Mystique would have even asked her? For what ever reason I think it would have been out of character for her to do so underhandedly, especially to hurt Moira no matter what Mystique and Irene think she did.
    I'm not sure if she would have helped, but I think she would have been conflicted and that in itself is really interesting to me. Helping her foster parents vs helping the team that she was elected to. I think it depends on what lengths Mystique would do to manipulate her
    Make Good Art

^ Exactly, missed story potential.

Same thing happened when nothing came of Rogue killing Apocalypse, great story set up that ended up wasted potential. also still contradictory, she basically outright murdered a council member and got 0 consequences.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There were no consequences to her murdering o--[A]--o because he himself had planned for her to do just that (something to do with utilising his power and magical energies to open the K-Gate to Otherworld) And of course he being a council member...he would have pardoned her just for show, if it came to a trial.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    A sign of boredom, but I did a word comparison for a few characters in X-Men vol 6; using Jean, Sunfire and Rogue. This just a rough guestimate as with some dialogue it is not always clear who is speaking, but it highlights why people have been voicing problems with Duggan's usage of the characters.

Jean
    X-MEN 1: 177 words
    X-MEN 2: 363 words
    X-MEN 3: 182 words
    X-MEN 4: 276 words
    X-Men 5: 79 words
    Average: 215 words

Sunfire
    X-MEN 1: 46 words
    X-MEN 2: 195 words
    X-MEN 3: 11 words
    X-MEN 4: 0
    X-Men 5: 19 words
    Average: 54 words

Rogue
    X-MEN 1: 75 words
    X-MEN 2: 116 words
    X-MEN 3: 72 words
    X-MEN 4: 0
    X-Men 5: 17 words
    Average: 56 words

Emma
    X-MEN 4: 12 words
    X-MEN 5: 24 words

Honestly if it wasn't for that exposition dump in X-Men 2, which again why was Sunfire explaining this to random people, Sunfire's average would be so bad. All Shiro's done is act as solar raid spray in issue 2 and get knocked out since.

Also I have to laugh that Emma in Jean's dream and the cameo in issue 5 had more dialogue than both Shiro and Anna the last two issues.

how X-MEN vol 6 currently makes me feel

Playing devils advocate, you could argue Duggan is using Jean as story exposition using her telepathy but she honestly gets a lot of emotional beats (comforting Polaris, coaching Synch) , romantic moments with Scott and has agency in unraveling the main plot as well which results in her high average.

But Jean isn't the real issue, the real problem is lack of engagement from most of the other characters. You should expect more from a character in a series than just glorified cameos in their own books. I was hoping by adding the numbers up I would have seen maybe I was exaggerating how underutilized Rogue has been so far, but honestly it just seemed to prove the point.
    I admit that this sort of thing depresses me and makes me almost cry, since Kelly Tompson stopped writing Rogue she is practically non-existent (with some fleeting good moments she had in Excalibur) or is out of character which is very sad, after of so many good years where Rogue received a lot of love.

And the current situation with Duggan makes it more depressing since he is supposed to be a fan of Rogue (and he was if we see the UA issues that he wrote) to make her now a showgirl for Jean or one wallpaper.

But I insist, not everything is bad, the announcement of the continuation of that animated series In Disney+ is great news, which will benefit Rogue in the comics without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Nothing wrong with your post thjan. I think lot of Roue fans have been disappointed these past coupe of years.

Till we see a real relaunch, probably won't see much change.
    Agreeed With this 🙏🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    There were no consequences to her murdering o--[A]--o because he himself had planned for her to do just that (something to do with utilising his power and magical energies to open the K-Gate to Otherworld) And of course he being a council member...he would have pardoned her just for show, if it came to a trial.
    Planned between many " " , since he was about to use Remy as a sacrifice.

That Rogue came at the right time to save her man and kick Apo's ass, and she's the few characters in Marvel with the power to assassinate Apo, it helped that Rogue didn't go to trial as Apo death actually benefited. The ritual .

But if although a good merit of power for Rogue, a potential story and consequences were really wasted there.

FB_IMG_16404703533715865.jpg
    Happy Holidays, everyone!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Indeed. Hoping the new year will be kind to everyone's favorite Southern Belle!

Incredible Member

Why do I want that to be elsa bloodstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Interesting. I honestly think Marvel may have something planned for Rogue next year with how little they expose or utilize her in X-Men. Then again I could be wrong but I'm hopeful. (Slightly hopeful. Don't want to burn the world down lol) Just like you I want a competent writer who utilizes Rogue to her fullest. Powers and all. Just not in the expense of another character like they have been doing to her. That's just me tho
    Hopefully and you're right, I pray for that.

That they are saving something great for our girl, it seems incredible to me that being in the best moment of her as a character, with her flying brick powers back and enhanced, with her absorption powers.
    in control again, and waiting to be exploited as in legacy.
    and really seeing her how she is in x-men is an insult.

But I really hope with all my heart you are right, but as I said before, the good thing is that with the return of our girl in the animated series it will reignite interest in Rogue, for new fans of Disney + and the mcu, and that definitely is going to move to the comcis