Page 13 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    That annoyed me too. At least make her fight smarter and to the best of her ability

I don't mind seeing Rogue lose, but I hate to see her take a merciless beating unnecessarily.

She's like Popeye, she won't break out the secret weapon until after the big guys beats her ass and it's almost too late.
    Exactly. A sucker punch is one thing, but Rogue got up and personal several times, enough to punch him and she didn't even try to grab him.

how that fight made me feel xd

It's funny I was hoping for Rogue to run into him when I heard KT was writing in the Imperial Guard in Mr and Mrs X, but it was the varsity squad instead. I guess technically he's too important of a political figure to get his hands dirty now.

Speak of rematches for Rogue, I want to see go against Selene again in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Exactly. A sucker punch is one thing, but Rogue got up and personal several times, enough to punch him and she didn't even try to grab him.

It's funny I was hoping for Rogue to run into him when I heard KT was writing in the Imperial Guard in Mr and Mrs X, but it was the varsity squad instead. I guess technically he's too important of a political figure to get his hands dirty now.

Speak of rematches for Rogue, I want to see go against Selene again in the comics.

I thought for sure we would get to seeing her fight Gladiator in Mr & mrs X, I don't think they have ever fought in a canon comic.

it would be good to see how she could handle folks like Selene as well now that she's had her upgrade. I wonder if her absorption power is any stronger now that she has some control?

Speaking of god tier villains: what about bringing back Kali? That one issue villain from X-Men 81?
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I thought for sure we would get to seeing her fight Gladiator in Mr & mrs X, I don't think they have ever fought in a canon comic.

it would be good to see how she could handle folks like Selene as well now that she's had her upgrade. I wonder if her absorption power is any stronger now that she has some control?
    Only in TAS and X-Men '92

Actually I hope they have Selene show Rogue just how powerful her absorption can be and how fast she can do it. Having a century old succubus as a mentor, ooooohh the shenanigans! LOL

Yea I don't think they've ever met in the 616. The iconic fight in TAS was basically what happened in between Colossus and Gladiator in the 616.

Yes I'm curious on how they'd compare now. To me, it seems like Rogue's absorption has gotten more precise and stronger (and weirder). Consider that before she couldn't even absorb Wonder Man and now it's her permanent power-set.

She also was able to overpower another vampiric mutant, Emplate, when they fought. and weirdly through her borrowed astral form

Quote Originally Posted by calintz
    Actually I hope they have Selene show Rogue just how powerful her absorption can be and how fast she can do it. Having a century old succubus as a mentor, ooooohh the shenanigans! LOL
    I actually wouldn't mind that. I agree that she fits perfectly as a mentor considering the magic setting of Excalibur and similar vampiric mutant abilities. The only problem Rogue might have with that is Selene's magic is pretty dark and urges her to drain others more frequently, which I can't see Rogue being very happy with.

Speaking of Excalibur, I'm not buying it myself but I do have a friend who does and spoilers:
    as expected Rogue does nothing in the newest issue. From what I saw however, it wasn't a bad one, if you care about the Kwannon and Betsy drama.
    end of spoilers

Yea I don't think they've ever met in the 616. The iconic fight in TAS was basically what happened in between Colossus and Gladiator in the 616.

Yes I'm curious on how they'd compare now. To me, it seems like Rogue's absorption has gotten more precise and stronger (and weirder). Consider that before she couldn't even absorb Wonder Man and now it's her permanent power-set.

She also was able to overpower another vampiric mutant, Emplate, when they fought. and weirdly through her borrowed astral form

I actually wouldn't mind that. I agree that she fits perfectly as a mentor considering the magic setting of Excalibur and similar vampiric mutant abilities. The only problem Rogue might have with that is Selene's magic is pretty dark and urges her to drain others more frequently, which I can't see Rogue being very happy with.

Speaking of Excalibur, I'm not buying it myself but I do have a friend who does and spoilers:
    as expected Rogue does nothing in the newest issue. From what I saw however, it wasn't a bad one, if you care about the Kwannon and Betsy drama.
    end of spoilers
    And it wasn't even the 616 version of the character either. Just a complete waste of Rogue... Sad that she returned to the X-Men just for this...

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    And it wasn't even the 616 version of the character either. Just a complete waste of Rogue... Sad that she returned to the X-Men just for this...
    True. To be fair, I blame Tini or whoever forced her to use a team when she clearly wanted to write a solo. It just never works when you force writers to write characters they don't care about.

True. To be fair, I blame Tini or whoever forced her to use a team when she clearly wanted to write a solo. It just never works when you force writers to write characters they don't care about.
    Seriously. And when you write a D&D team and force characters to play a role that they're not meant to.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Seriously. And when you write a D&D team and force characters to play a role that they're not meant to.
    Sadly true. If Tini wanted to build a supporting cast for a solo book she really chose the wrong characters.

Oh well, at least we'll get Rogue in other media here and there. I'm actually looking forward to the AU novel she'll be in and her future appearance in the Women of Marvel short story.

Though given the summery she probably won't be her super strong self.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-29-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Sadly true. If Tini wanted to build a supporting cast for a solo book she really chose the wrong characters.

Oh well, at least we'll get Rogue in other media here and there. I'm actually looking forward to the AU novel she'll be in and her future appearance in the Women of Marvel short story.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this book as well. I hope it's good. It would be cool to see more AU stuff in the future if this does well
    Make Good Art

and you have her story with Raven too... Maybe revolting bc Destiny's not back yet.

I would be much more interested if she had super-strength in the story.

Personally, I really want to see her creatively use her mutant powers in this novel
    I have the impression that since the absorption of Simon's powers, writers have been quite lazy in their way of showing Rogue's powers

what current x writer in the krakoa era would you rather be writing Rogue?