Page 14 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    what current x writer in the krakoa era would you rather be writing Rogue?
    Duggan... He already kicked ass with her. Would be fun to see him tackle her again.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    what current x writer in the krakoa era would you rather be writing Rogue?
    Almost anyone other than Howard and Percy for me. Preferred being Leah Williams, Vita Ayala, Gerry Duggan, and Al Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Almost anyone other than Howard and Percy for me. Preferred being Leah Williams, Vita Ayala, Gerry Duggan, and Al Ewing.
    Ooh... Rogue on S.W.O.R.D. Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Sadly true. If Tini wanted to build a supporting cast for a solo book she really chose the wrong characters.

Oh well, at least we'll get Rogue in other media here and there. I'm actually looking forward to the AU novel she'll be in and her future appearance in the Women of Marvel short story.

Though given the summery she probably won't be her super strong self.
    The cover is looking very Billie Eilish. Hope it gets attention.

Rogue with absorbtion powers only doesn't preclude a good story, and Alisa Kwitney has some comic cred (Sandman, Batgirl), but I'm more concerned by the presence of Gambit - usually an perilous inclusion to Rogue's tale. Her solo series that had a recurring thread of Rogue brushing up against people (sometimes intentionally) to "steal" a good memory of touching others, had a poetic tragedy to it....

Roguey fans.

What you think Rogue will think about the Moira Thing? I Mean her good momma cant back for her opinion. Also well years of lying of Erik and Charles..

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    She looks a bit like Chloe Grace Moretz on that cover.

I really don't talk about X-Men Evolution enough. The animation and facial expressions in particular are amazing. Also still the best Mystique, Nightcrawler and Rogue drama of the 3 shows IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited for this book as well. I hope it's good. It would be cool to see more AU stuff in the future if this does well
    Me too. At least if this novel does well, it sends a message to Marvel that Rogue fans want to see her more. *cough* outside of Excalibur *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by sbo
    I would be much more interested if she had super-strength in the story.
    Typically I like my Rogue with her flying brick powers. It's how I first read her and to me, it's a big part of the character.

Exhibit A and B

On the other-hand, I think writers feel a bit overwhelmed by the powerset and tend to get more creative with her base powers.

I wish more of them were able to do both, as CC was.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz
    and you have her story with Raven too... Maybe revolting bc Destiny's not back yet.
    I have a feeling Raven will eventually talk to Rogue about Destiny, I just don't know when. Maybe right now may be too early, but either way, it can be fun seeing the two interact.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen

Rogue with absorbtion powers only doesn't preclude a good story, and Alisa Kwitney has some comic cred (Sandman, Batgirl), but I'm more concerned by the presence of Gambit - usually an perilous inclusion to Rogue's tale. Her solo series that had a recurring thread of Rogue brushing up against people (sometimes intentionally) to "steal" a good memory of touching others, had a poetic tragedy to it....
    Oh no, I wasn't implying Rogue couldn't have good stories with just her base powers. Lots of Legacy only had her limited in that way and Carey wrote one of the best eras of Rogue. However I will admit, for me I was charmed by the concept of a sassy and brawling type character. Something about a hero that looks delicate but is actually very strong is a cool contrast.

Ah, not too familiar with Kwitney, I might pick up an issue of Batgirl to get a feel for her writing. I get a feel I'll enjoy the novel either way but doesn't hurt.

And I agree, Rogue using her powers in any small way she could when she couldn't control her powers because she craved physical affection/intimacy and brief happiness is bittersweet.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus
    Roguey fans.

What you think Rogue will think about the Moira Thing? I Mean her good momma cant back for her opinion. Also well years of lying of Erik and Charles..
    I think Rogue will feel a bit betrayed about it. She has her issues with being manipulated and trust. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up helping Mystique if she thought that was the right choice.

I really don't talk about X-Men Evolution enough. The animation and facial expressions in particular are amazing. Also still the best Mystique, Nightcrawler and Rogue drama of the 3 shows IMO.

Me too. At least if this novel does well, it sends a message to Marvel that Rogue fans want to see her more. *cough* outside of Excalibur *cough*

Typically I like my Rogue with her flying brick powers. It's how I first read her and to me, it's a big part of the character.

Exhibit A and B

On the other-hand, I think writers feel a bit overwhelmed by the powerset and tend to get more creative with her base powers.

I wish more of them were able to do both, as CC was.

I have a feeling Raven will eventually talk to Rogue about Destiny, I just don't know when. Maybe right now may be too early, but either way, it can be fun seeing the two interact.

Oh no, I wasn't implying Rogue couldn't have good stories with just her base powers. Lots of Legacy only had her limited in that way and Carey wrote one of the best eras of Rogue. However I will admit, for me I was charmed by the concept of a sassy and brawling type character. Something about a hero that looks delicate but is actually very strong is a cool contrast.

Ah, not too familiar with Kwitney, I might pick up an issue of Batgirl to get a feel for her writing. I get a feel I'll enjoy the novel either way but doesn't hurt.

And I agree, Rogue using her powers in any small way she could when she couldn't control her powers because she craved physical affection/intimacy and brief happiness is bittersweet.

I think Rogue will feel a bit betrayed about it. She has her issues with being manipulated and trust. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up helping Mystique if she thought that was the right choice.
    Yeah, I would say so too

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Roguey fans.

I know the writers won't do anything with it, but I feel like Rogue should technically know about Moira already. She's absorbed Destiny, Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, and Sinister. She could have easily figured it all out. My dream reaction is for Rogue to go rogue (so sorry) and absorb all of the five to bring Destiny back on her own.

Time for some Rogue art.

by Allison Rodrigues and Josh-84

by geofffffff

and while not exactly a picture, this 3D model looks great! I'm not really one to collect figures but even I would make an exception for this! ... If was ever finished that is.

by Mars Studio

Time for some Rogue art.

by Allison Rodrigues and Josh-84

by geofffffff

and while not exactly a picture, this 3D model looks great! I'm not really one to collect figures but even I would make an exception for this! ... If was ever finished that is.

by Mars Studio
    Hellz yeah! Also, Rogue will be featured in the Mutant Force one shot of the Heroes Reborn event...
    Magneto-MutantForce-1.jpg

Rogue vs Hyperion? also other superstrong female mutants like Frenzy, Sabra (?), and Emma

Hopefully it goes better then that one AU...

But yay more Rogue content!

Right? We are so starved, though... ������

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I miss seeing Rogue in Black/Green or Green/White. (I'm still not buying that mess though)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Hellz yeah! Also, Rogue will be featured in the Mutant Force one shot of the Heroes Reborn event...
    Magneto-MutantForce-1.jpg
    I ... yeah I dunno about this ... some good characters there like Emma and Frenzy, but that plot description is just ... was someone really asking for this? Looks like a geriatric version of AoA. Probably not for me. Krakoa is a more interesting concept by far, I just want Rogue to be a central character in it that actually does something and to see characters that aren't blindly bought in.