Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

TO A NEW YEAR Of ROGUE!

Jikes. 2020 was even meh for Roguey. hope she get Avengered again cause in the xbooks she is doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Jikes. 2020 was even meh for Roguey. hope she get Avengered again cause in the xbooks she is doing nothing.
    I would love her to be whisked away back to the Avengers. UA was fantastic for Rogue. The fact that she is married to Gambit, a thief, might make for some fun elements with a really goody-two-shoes Avenger. I also miss the budding friendship between her and Jan (Wasp)

Seriously! Give her to Duggan on UA again.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Or Marauders with Emma Kate and Storm

That book will become XWomen xD

Or Marauders with Emma Kate and Storm

That book will become XWomen xD
    I'm so sad we probably won't be getting an X-Women type book for a long time because of the fiasco with Brian Wood. The chemistry could've been amazing. We've talked about how Rogue seems to have an emotional distance from the X-Women in some respects, but she does have a long history with them and I would've liked to see her develop deeper friendships with them. Though I did enjoy them bringing Monet in, but it never really felt the same once Rogue and Shadowcat left.

New book please.

Marauders would have also worked really well for Rogue and Gambit. I mean, what better duo to work in a pirate book then a couple that are basically the King and Queen of the Thieves Guild?

I would put Bishop in X-Force to have a reunion with Sage and work in an environment he's used to. I also don't think Bobby fits but I'm not sure where I would put him... maybe Excalibur, since Rictor x Bobby could have been some drama. though that book really needs more UK characters or characters with more direct magical connections

Kitty, Emma, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler and then the obligatory villainous-teammate like Gorgeous George, Marrow (somewhat), Lady Mastermind or Tempo would have been a perfect pirate book.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    i love the rogue voice she has, is so funny
    Sorry missed this post earlier! I agree, Lenore Zann (Rogue's voice actresses) is an iconic VA and her voice added a lot of humor and sexiness to TAS Rogue. A very unique but awesome combination lol.

Also she went from VA to politician which is an interesting career path. xD Good for her.

Maybe this is petty, but does anyone else want Rogue to become BFFs with Kwannon just to put a dramatic irony to the awkward situation where Betsy basically liked the Carol Persona more than the real Rogue during the 80s? I would LOL at least. though betsy is much nicer to rogue now and even gave rogue some earrings for the "something old, something new" wedding tradition

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I'm so sad we probably won't be getting an X-Women type book for a long time because of the fiasco with Brian Wood. The chemistry could've been amazing. We've talked about how Rogue seems to have an emotional distance from the X-Women in some respects, but she does have a long history with them and I would've liked to see her develop deeper friendships with them. Though I did enjoy them bringing Monet in, but it never really felt the same once Rogue and Shadowcat left.

New book please.

I'd love to see this team in a book, I enjoy small teams so that all of the members have something to do.

I wish Rogue could hang out with Kitty and Emma in Marauders, I always found she had great chemistry with these two
    But I don't feel like Marauders is doing well as a team book so that is holding me back a bit

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I'd love to see this team in a book, I enjoy small teams so that all of the members have something to do.
    Yes it could be an iconic book. The only odd one out would be Kwannon, but it could be interesting getting a fresh pair of eyes into the X-Women dynamic.

Speaking of X-Women, remember when Rogue was front and center in A-Force covers but was basically never used. Talk about bait n switches...

by Dangerous-Beauty778

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis
    I wish Rogue could hang out with Kitty and Emma in Marauders, I always found she had great chemistry with these two
    But I don't feel like Marauders is doing well as a team book so that is holding me back a bit
    True, Marauders isn't doing a great job with spreading the attention around either but we already know Duggan likes Rogue since vol 3 of UA was very Rogue-focused. I'd be more worried about Gambit not getting to shine, but the premise fits him so perfectly it'd be hard to screw it up. Compared to Bishop, Iceman or Pyro who struggle a bit more with the concept of being pirates. (especially Bishop, he has a history of being a cop; what is he doing there...)

------------------------

Oh well, since we are stuck with Excalibur maybe we can shift the topic into something more... magical? From what I've read, Tini is barely making the switch to utilize mutant magic with Rogue as a natural conduit for it.

Rogue and magic don't have a very long history but there are a few story-lines that involve it... namely when her parents travel into the Farbanks and as an alternate timeline with the 1602 version of the character.

The Farbanks lore is a bit uninteresting to me, but I did like the 1602 version of the character. In that universe, Rogue is known as a Witchbreed and has her original powers, but she goes to the Enchantress to get rid of them but instead gets turned into a vassal of the sorceress; a Faustian. In literature a Faustian is someone who surrenders their morality or conscious to an evil entity, in the source material literally the devil, to achieve power or success. Now I wouldn't want Rogue turned into pawn for another character and she has no reason to as she's in a high point in her life in terms of happiness but I did find the aesthetic pretty gorgeous and magical connections interesting.

In 1602 the Fuastian connection allows her to use magic to produce a mist-like energy similar to how her ranged absorption powers work, grow green leathery fairy wings and a vien-y type of growth that looks like leaves from her back. We've seen how mutant magic can effect someone like Rictor in changing or morphing their abilities. How do you think they might influence Rogue's?

Yes it could be an iconic book. The only odd one out would be Kwannon, but it could be interesting getting a fresh pair of eyes into the X-Women dynamic.

Speaking of X-Women, remember when Rogue was front and center in A-Force covers but was basically never used. Talk about bait n switches...

by Dangerous-Beauty778

True, Marauders isn't doing a great job with spreading the attention around either but we already know Duggan likes Rogue since vol 3 of UA was very Rogue-focused. I'd be more worried about Gambit not getting to shine, but the premise fits him so perfectly it'd be hard to screw it up. Compared to Bishop, Iceman or Pyro who struggle a bit more with the concept of being pirates. (especially Bishop, he has a history of being a cop; what is he doing there...)

------------------------

Oh well, since we are stuck with Excalibur maybe we can shift the topic into something more... magical? From what I've read, Tini is barely making the switch to utilize mutant magic with Rogue as a natural conduit for it.

Rogue and magic don't have a very long history but there are a few story-lines that involve it... namely when her parents travel into the Farbanks and as an alternate timeline with the 1602 version of the character.

The Farbanks lore is a bit uninteresting to me, but I did like the 1602 version of the character. In that universe, Rogue is known as a Witchbreed and has her original powers, but she goes to the Enchantress to get rid of them but instead gets turned into a vassal of the sorceress; a Faustian. In literature a Faustian is someone who surrenders their morality or conscious to an evil entity, in the source material literally the devil, to achieve power or success. Now I wouldn't want Rogue turned into pawn for another character and she has no reason to as she's in a high point in her life in terms of happiness but I did find the aesthetic pretty gorgeous and magical connections interesting.

In 1602 the Fuastian connection allows her to use magic to produce a mist-like energy similar to how her ranged absorption powers work, grow green leathery fairy wings and a vien-y type of growth that looks like leaves from her back. We've seen how mutant magic can effect someone like Rictor in changing or morphing their abilities. How do you think they might influence Rogue's?

And I love that she ended up adopted by another badass lesbian couple.

by Dangerous-Beauty778

------------------------

Oh, fascinating! I've never heard of this story before. It's already more interesting than the nothing she's getting in Excalibur.

I do agree though that I'd of rather seen them as pirates in Mauraders than what we've been getting.

BANNED

Been **** post-outback.

To be fair so has the whole fucking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    And I love that she ended up adopted by another badass lesbian couple.
    lol I hadn't really made that connection, but yes you are very right! Man... I know the Rogue and Mystique drama is very overdone, but I kinda want Rogue to speak to her right about now. I feel like Mystique would warn Rogue against Krakoa and Rogue's been expressing some doubts herself.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ
    Oh, fascinating! I've never heard of this story before. It's already more interesting than the nothing she's getting in Excalibur.

I do agree though that I'd of rather seen them as pirates in Mauraders than what we've been getting.
    Rogue only appears in one issue so it's a blink and you miss it story, sadly. I like the aesthetic, though, so it's kinda always stuck with me even if it was just a light story. I was surprised when Excalibur revealed their Otherworld costumes and they were kind of... generic. I feel like Tini is dropping the ball of drawing on the mysticism of the place.

On an related note, the 1602 version of Rogue even got a costume in a Marvel game. Usually only AoA gets that acknowledgement!

I miss Rogue in that game... one of the few developers that tried to be faithful to Rogue's abilities and was up to the crazy task of letting Rogue absorb at least one ability from every enemy and hero. o.o

But yea, I think conceptually Rogue would work best in Marauders. Even if Duggan didn't already like her the connections are crystal clear; I mean her powers are thief-based, she's married to the king of thieves, it writes itself.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-06-2021 at 09:17 AM.

lol I hadn't really made that connection, but yes you are very right! Man... I know the Rogue and Mystique drama is very overdone, but I kinda want Rogue to speak to her right about now. I feel like Mystique would warn Rogue against Krakoa and Rogue's been expressing some doubts herself.
    I want them to team up and bring back Destiny.