Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Hey everyone PLEASE submit your questions here to Tini for X-Men Monday:
    https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/statu...245069312?s=19

We need to let the powers that be know that we as fans are hoping for a LOT more out of these books for Rogue.

Can I submit questions if I'm not supporting the book any longer? lol

But I guess it doesn't cost money to read an interview, if Tini still has her hands on these characters for the next year I guess I still want to know what she plans to do (if anything...) with them.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz
    I want them to team up and bring back Destiny.
    omg yes. Darkholme family vs Krakoa pls

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

But I guess it doesn't cost money to read an interview, if Tini still has her hands on these characters for the next year I guess I still want to know what she plans to do (if anything...) with them.
    I stopped having faith in her writing a long time ago...

Right? That would be amazing!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Honestly, I would submit a question and say that you're not reading the book anymore. Maybe that would urge them to actually do something with the characters
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Honestly, I would submit a question and say that you're not reading the book anymore. Maybe that would urge them to actually do something with the characters
    YES! Exactly this! Ask, as a Rogue fan what would make me want to come back to this book? Be honest. Be polite. But the more people that ask questions, especially challenging but earnest questions the better!

Marvel doesn't know we are dissapointed and have dropped their book. They don't know how much fans love Rogue unless we are vocal about it.

Ask if she'll have an important role soon. Ask if she'll lead again. Teach again. Ask if she will go into Thieving with Gambit. Ask anything you want, just ask something.

I'll give it a go but I feel like whoever picks the questions just ignores or glosses over anything that doesn't give high-praise unfortunately. I can't remember the last time they submitted a question that was even slightly negative.

I'll give it a go but I feel like whoever picks the questions just ignores or glosses over anything that doesn't give high-praise unfortunately. I can't remember the last time they submitted a question that was even slightly negative.
    Yeah, that's fair. I could see not wanting to ask any of the super-negative questions, but it's lame they don't seem to address any negative topics
    Make Good Art

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Some of you do know that you aren't the first nor the only X-readers who've dropped an X-book/books because they were disappointed.
    I think that comic book writers do expect that not everybody will love or even read their books so...that tac of announcing "you've dropped the book because you dislike what the writer has done to Rogue and Gambit (when she's not only writing Rogue and Gambit) is not going to do anything or get the response you hope for other than..."I really have some interesting plans for them coming up, keep your eyes open."

At the end of the day the writer has to follow their own dictates as to what to create and just hope that more people will like and appreciate it than those who are disappointed.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Some of you do know that you aren't the first nor the only X-readers who've dropped an X-book/books because they were disappointed.
    I think that comic book writers do expect that not everybody will love or even read their books so...that tac of announcing "you've dropped the book because you dislike what the writer has done to Rogue and Gambit (when she's not only writing Rogue and Gambit) is not going to do anything or get the response you hope for other than..."I really have some interesting plans for them coming up, keep your eyes open."

At the end of the day the writer has to follow their own dictates as to what to create and just hope that more people will like and appreciate it than those who are disappointed.
    I don't think anyone was saying they felt special in terms of being disappointed/dropping the book.

Personally I also don't believe Tini will change her writing style or focus even if she does get some criticisms regarding her handling of the characters. I just won't spend time reading about the characters being wasted in a book like that. What speaks more is money but Excalibur numbers while low don't seem low enough for cancellation so as a Rogue fan, unfortunately I'm just treating it as if my fave is in limbo (which is effectively what the character is doing in the book anyway).

Yes we're all quite aware as you've stated this all before.

At the same time though, sulking in a corner and dropping a book just tells the writers and editors that nobody cares about the characters. Not that the story for them is extremely dissapointing.

There's a reason Wolverine and Cyclops and Jean get so many stories and so many good stories at that. And it's not because they are more compelling characters. It's always been a popularity contest.

Even really obscure characters will get more attention if fans show persistent interest in and excitement for them.

So again, please DO ask questions. Even if you aren't reading anymore.

I think if a book had low numbers that starred Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Rictor and Betsy Braddock I'd chalk it up to bad writing rather than the characters. Even Rogue and Gambit on their own can sustain solo-like numbers for a good long time. (see Legacy)

I'd hope the editorial team was smart enough to see a problem with the writer rather than the cast. But you do have a point that sometimes they miss the obvious or can deliberately come to the wrong conclusions regarding why a book failed.

No one here thinks they're special for dropping the book. I personally just want some indication of how the author plans to use my favorite characters, especially given how she hasn't said much about them in previous interviews.
    Make Good Art

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Then just ask that question, exactly like that.
    No need to point out to Tini that her Rogue characterisation is disappointing, or her stories are boring, her pacing is bad etc....all of which I'm certain she's already heard/read on twitter at some point and is more likely prone to ignore, because yes, she's heard it all before.

My point wasn't that some of you "feel special", quite the opposite actually...being disappointed in the writing or dropping a book is pretty common as sales to shops would indicate (as much as the writers would wish otherwise, as much as the Heads will tell you otherwise)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I kinda feel like I'm being held hostage with this book.
    I love Rogue, Gambit, Betsy and I'm dying to read their next chapter, but the writing in Excalibur is dreadful and the writer doesn't get the voices at all.

Rogue especially has been totally misplaced in this whole era. She's one of those characters who is either front and centre of the action (claremont, early 90's, carey) or completely mishandled and forgotten (hickman, morrison/austen, schism era).

Then just ask that question, exactly like that.
    No need to point out to Tini that her Rogue characterisation is disappointing, or her stories are boring, her pacing is bad etc....all of which I'm certain she's already heard/read on twitter at some point and is more likely prone to ignore, because yes, she's heard it all before.

My point wasn't that some of you "feel special", quite the opposite actually...being disappointed in the writing or dropping a book is pretty common as sales to shops would indicate (as much as the writers would wish otherwise, as much as the Heads will tell you otherwise)
    Tell that to Jo Duffy. Marvel hired her. It's probably good for her that she didn't decide she wasn't "special" enough to have a well formed opinion and just kept it to herself.

I'm not encouraging people to be rude and if you ask a question even bordering on rude it will and should definitely get ignored. But there is nothing wrong with asking challenging questions and showing genuine interest in the destiny of your favorite characters. Maybe sales would improve if readers were listened to when it's important.

Again - everyone submit your questions. Apathy will not help. Passion will.