Page 48 of 127 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

That Darkholme family photo certainly is incredible and heartwarming. However and not in any way to discredit but isn’t Rogue much younger than Kurt? I always pictured him being up with the 05 and Storm and their age range, while Rogue was only a few years older than Kitty when she joined (Some say she was 17 or something).
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That Darkholme family photo certainly is incredible and heartwarming. However and not in any way to discredit but isn’t Rogue much younger than Kurt? I always pictured him being up with the 05 and Storm and their age range, while Rogue was only a few years older than Kitty when she joined (Some say she was 17 or something).
    Yea Kurt should be older than Rogue. Nightcrawler was already an adult (early or mid twenties?) with ANAD and Rogue was barely 18 when she first joined after him, so he should be older. I'd guesstimate he has around four or more years on her.

Very short preview for some panels of the Rogue & Mystique story.

Link just in case you want to check out the entire video.

The Women of Marvel story was short but very cute in a saturday morning cartoon sort of way. In a perfect world, there would be a whole series about teenage Rogue and Mystique titled “My Super-villain Mom is Ruining My Life.” I’ll cherish this story because who knows how long I’ll have to wait for their relationship to be acknowledged again.

Yes, I almost forget it came out today. It was a lot shorter than I wanted but it was kinda cute.

spoilers:
    Though I'm a bit confused when this fits into her history. I assume this is pre-absorbing Carol, since she seemed unable to take care of the Skeleton!Rex herself.

Mystique catching on that Rogue was beginning to become aware of boys and acting like a protective parent xD
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    She was 17/18 when Kurt was 21 so not a lot younger. so about 4 years. She was close to the same age as Ray.

Anyway maybe Rogue can make an appearance in Way of X.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yes, I almost forget it came out today. It was a lot shorter than I wanted but it was kinda cute.

spoilers:
    Though I'm a bit confused when this fits into her history. I assume this is pre-absorbing Carol, since she seemed unable to take care of the Skeleton!Rex herself.

Mystique catching on that Rogue was beginning to become aware of boys and acting like a protective parent xD
    end of spoilers
    The short story was super cute!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    The short story was super cute!
    Yep. Not a whole lot to it but was a nice change of pace!

In other news, a calendar of Rogue content in the following months!

May 4th, Rogue Untouched

Hellfire Gala Tie-Ins (unlikely but potential Rogue cameos, especially since Rogue is one of the 7 official team picks)
    June 2nd, Hellions #12
    June 2nd, Marauders #21
    June 2nd, X-Force #20

June 9th, Excalibur #21
    June 9th, X-Men #21

June 16th, New Mutants #19
    June 16th, Planet Size X-Men #1
    June 16th, X-Corp #2

June 23rd, SWORD #6
    June 23rd, Way of X #3
    June 23rd, Wolverine #13

June 30th, X-Factor #10

July 7th, X-Men #1

Bolded for issues where Rogue should have main or significant roles. well maybe I should not include Excalibur but...

Not sure if I'm missing anything here.

May 4th, Rogue Untouched

Hellfire Gala Tie-Ins (unlikely but potential Rogue cameos, especially since Rogue is one of the 7 official team picks)
    June 2nd, Hellions #12
    June 2nd, Marauders #21
    June 2nd, X-Force #20

June 9th, Excalibur #21
    June 9th, X-Men #21

June 16th, X-Corp #2

June 23rd, SWORD #6
    June 23rd, Way of X #3
    June 23rd, Wolverine #13

June 30th, X-Factor #10

July 7th, X-Men #1

Bolded for issues where Rogue should have main or significant roles. well maybe I should not include Excalibur but...

This makes me so happy. 😭

IKR!? ��

A couple of Rogue questions to spice up this thread for anyone that wants to answer! I'll start it off with giving my own answers.

First Rogue Issue You Read?

While probably not exactly the first X-Men comic I read as that's a bit more ambiguous and hard for me remember, the issue that I distinctly recall noticing Rogue was...

X-Men # 94

Favorite Team (with Rogue)?

Perhaps this is sacrilege but it's not actually the Outback or 90s team. I think I'm gonna go with Carey's mess of team. It was really fun reading about Rogue trying to lead a bunch of villains, it's like trying to herd cats.

Rogue would totally lead a Thunderbolts type X-Book pls.

Preferred Powerset? Flying Brick or Solo Absorption

There are benefits to both but I gotta go with the flying brick powers. It fits her personality completely and creative use of her powers is not strictly prohibited while using this set, it's just writers seem to intentionally handicap her or ignore them at times. It's just a sad reality.

I will say, however, that's Rogue highest highs in terms of actions all involve her absorption powers though. None of her flying brick showings are as memorable.

Favorite Underrated Rogue Writer?

Jim Zub or Steven Seagle. Zub had great action sequences and actually tried to write some team interactions, if a bit regressive with some confidence issues.

Stevan T. Seagle didn't write that many Rogue issues but when he did he wrote a somewhat darker Rogue. I wish he had more time to explore that story-line.

Favorite Rogue Artist?

This is so hard. Pepe Larraz, Coipel, Bachalo, and Clayman are all great.

I... think I'm gonna cop out on this one and let other people answer lol. : p but it might chris bachalo considering how much I posted above

So yea, what do you guys think? Reposting for easy copy and paste format.

Preferred Powerset? Flying Brick or Solo Absorption?
    Favorite Rogue Artist?

X-Men #24
    clean.jpg
    Was an avid XTAS watcher at the time and when I spotted this cover I was immediately intrigued. It was my X-Men comics entry point.

That is tough! Probably the Blue team from the 90s just because I loved that whole line up and their interactions with Gold, but any team is better with Rogue on it or leading it.

Again, so tough but it's Flying Brick. She is more brash and fun when she's high flying and invulnerable. That said, I always want to see more and creative use of her absorption powers.

Hmmm no one I can think of is really underrated, though I agree Seagle did some great issues with her so that might be mine too come to think of it.

Favorite Rogue Artist?
    Coipel hands down, then Larraz, really enjoyed Pere Perez more recently, Jim Lee is always a classic, Kubert too

Uncanny X-Men #184

X-Men#1
    (2013)

Flying Brick

Bill Mantlo

Favorite Rogue Artist?
    Marc Silvestri

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-21-2021 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Interesting!

So far the only common thread here is prefering Rogue with flying brick powers. xD

But Coipel is wonderful and I completely forget about the all X-Women team. I wish we'd had Rogue on there for longer.

May 4th, Rogue Untouched

June 2nd, Hellions #12
    June 2nd, Marauders #21
    June 2nd, X-Force #20

June 9th, Excalibur #21
    June 9th, X-Men #21

June 16th, X-Corp #2

June 23rd, SWORD #6
    June 23rd, Way of X #3
    June 23rd, Wolverine #13

June 30th, X-Factor #10

July 7th, X-Men #1

P sure the election results are happening in X-Men #21 so we should see her there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    P sure the election results are happening in X-Men #21 so we should see her there as well!
    I hope so! I'm pretty curious on how exactly everyone got picked. I guess I can buy that Rogue is a recognizable X-Man in-universe, what with being a long-time member and being an avenger (though that might work against her vote-wise...).