Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yes, I love this issue. Rogue being deep in her feels about touch post-Antarctica and wrestling with the notion of taking the Cure.
    It's from UnCanny X-Men #359, dated September 1998. Funny, though, it took Marvel 20 years to reprint the post Zero Tolerance UnCanny and X-Men issues in TPB form...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

One of my favourite-of-all-time Rogue moments/stories.
    UXM 173 Rogue.jpg
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Rogue is Dauterman's variant cover's star
    I wish I could post the image here

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue is Dauterman's variant cover's star
    I wish I could post the image here
    Here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    Here it is
    Simply gorgeous!!! I want him to do one for every X-Lady, but mainly for Storm. But this really show how bomb Jim Lee's look is, as well as her original. I'm probably in the minority but I also love the red X-treme costume and the AOX one.
    I kinda hate the pink Shi'ar and JRJ orange tunic looks.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Simply gorgeous!!! I want him to do one for every X-Lady, but mainly for Storm. But this really show how bomb Jim Lee's look is, as well as her original. I'm probably in the minority but I also love the red X-treme costume and the AOX one.
    I kinda hate the pink Shi'ar and JRJ orange tunic looks.
    I'm a big fan of the X-Treme (and AOX) costume as well. It's cool to see a team in the black/red color combo
    Make Good Art

Agreed that Dauterman piece is gorgeous! I wish we'd had more time with Rogue in the AoX and Legacy outfits, though. </3

If it was up to you, would you rather her white streak be natural or dyed? I would go with natural but sometimes the streak goes from peak to nape and sometimes it just her bangs. I prefer the streak myself.

I think natural works best. There's always issues regarding dyed hair in comics that my break my sense of immersion. "how has she been stuck in a prison with no contact with facilities but still managed to dye her hair?" sort of silliness. It's a small complaint but...

As for how it's styled, I don't think I have a real preference. Either works for me, as long as she has long hair.

It went from two on either side to a centre streak, to bangs...so it's probably dyed (or her secondary mutation).
    I prefer a natural centre-streak, too. It was more interesting and distinctive visually. (the Bangs are so boring).
    I also wish they would go back to her initial auburn colour rather than brown.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I think natural works best. There's always issues regarding dyed hair in comics that my break my sense of immersion. "how has she been stuck in a prison with no contact with facilities but still managed to dye her hair?" sort of silliness. It's a small complaint but...

As for how it's styled, I don't think I have a real preference. Either works for me, as long as she has long hair.
    I always thought the white streak was a birthmark. I had a friend in high school who had a spot of white hair as a birthmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    If it was up to you, would you rather her white streak be natural or dyed? I would go with natural but sometimes the streak goes from peak to nape and sometimes it just her bangs. I prefer the streak myself.
    I prefer that it is natural. I like it when the mutants have some kind of outward sign that they might be a little different, even if poliosis does occur in regular humans as well.

Seems like it's a trend in other mutants as well with white streaks or all white hair ... looking at you Tempest.

I tend to think that the white portion for Rogue actually takes up a significant portion of her crown and can be grown out into the full streak or dyed back or cut into just bangs or the two small streaks. That's my head cannon anyway to account for the huge range we get from artists.

I like to think the white streak is still there but she dyes is auburn to feature her bangs.
    Rogue on the cover of Excalibur 20
    Excalibur 20 cov.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

So much THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    Here it is
    Looks like another cover I must add to the collection. Love all the outfits but I miss the X-men Legacy outfit the most. I'm just over the retro look for characters