Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

I feel like writers have been inconsistent on how Mystique found her

Scenario 1 Rogue ran away from home very young and Mystique took her as in prepubescence. The Cody kiss happened while already living with Mystique and Destiny. Could have been living with Mystique anywhere between 6-12 years.

Scenario 2 Mystique took her in after the Cody kiss as an adolescent, as soon as her powers manifested. Only lived with Mystique during her teenage years, anywhere between 3-5 years.

I like the first scenario more, I think it really emphasizes that Irene and Raven were her mothers rather than just mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't like the "willing to give her powers up" part because it seems like giving up. It's part of why I hate X-Men: The Last Stand, even if realistically it might be what a lot of people in her situation might do.

I did like the almost villainous twist to her trauma. Remember this was post sharing a night with Gambit and then leaving him to die after finding out about his role in the Mutant Massacre, she wasn't in a good headspace.

I love goody two shoes Rogue, she's one of the most believable villain-to-hero stories in the MU. However I do find it odd she never regressed at all in her entire history. Like Gambit, she didn't exactly have great role models in her life so I think exploring that could have been interesting but that's just my take.
    People who have suffered serve emotional or psychological trauma often want immediate solutions to their problems so they try to take the "easy way out." They don't think about the possible long-term reproductions or unintended consequences. For Rogue, she saw her powers as a prison and she only wanted to be free. Xavier certainly was no help. (Years later Carey revealed that at the time Xavier couldn't help Rogue but he played her for a fool and strung her along "for her own good." Funny thing though, Xavier told Emma Frost and Remy about lying to Rogue about being able to help her but not to Rogue herself.)The good thing for Rogue is that Mystique was able to talk some sense into Rogue. Also, Logan knew Rogue was pretty emotionally messed up at the time but trusted her enough not to intervene to stop her from making the "wrong" decision, believing, in the end, she would make the "right" decision.

True.

Rogue respects and idolizes Xavier far too much for how much he actually has helped her. I get thanking him for giving her a chance at a better life but he's still a big jerk for always lying to her and really putting his attempts at getting her to learn control on the back-burner.

I feel like writers have been inconsistent on how Mystique found her

Scenario 1 Rogue ran away from home very young and Mystique took her as in prepubescence. The Cody kiss happened while already living with Mystique and Destiny. Could have been living with Mystique anywhere between 6-12 years.

Scenario 2 Mystique took her in after the Cody kiss as an adolescent, as soon as her powers manifested. Only lived with Mystique during her teenage years, anywhere between 3-5 years.

I like the first scenario more, I think it really emphasizes that Irene and Raven were her mothers rather than just mentors.
    While I like the first one more, I think when we first see Rogue introduced in comics, she did not seem to have that "super close bond" with Mystique, although it could have just been "those wild teenage years" thing, but I get the feeling like it was more of Rogue not being that close, so the second one seems to fit better perhaps. Also, the kiss with Cody Robbins probably happened 13-16 year age range, so again, probably the later.

The interesting thing is when Rogue first appeared, she seemed to be very mature, late 40's or even older (I have heard some say late 60's!). And another interesting thing is that her white hair stripe was on both sides of her head, not in the middle. I think Marvel revamped their thoughts on Rogue and did make her younger with a different stripe pattern.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    While I like the first one more, I think when we first see Rogue introduced in comics, she did not seem to have that "super close bond" with Mystique, although it could have just been "those wild teenage years" thing, but I get the feeling like it was more of Rogue not being that close, so the second one seems to fit better perhaps. Also, the kiss with Cody Robbins probably happened 13-16 year age range, so again, probably the later.

The interesting thing is when Rogue first appeared, she seemed to be very mature, late 40's or even older (I have heard some say late 60's!). And another interesting thing is that her white hair stripe was on both sides of her head, not in the middle. I think Marvel revamped their thoughts on Rogue and did make her younger with a different stripe pattern.
    Yea that's a good point. Rogue's concept changed from a older woman to a teenager and that probably affected story history and consistency.

Wow i dont think giving a Character a dark side or dark necessities makes bad writing.

I want to read that arc. A Omega level Absorption addict Rogue arc will be fun!

House of Raven.

It's around Uncanny X-Men 353 if you are curious! I recommend, it's a fun arc but Rogue doesn't get a ton of action, most of it is character exploration.

It's around Uncanny X-Men 353 if you are curious! I recommend, it's a fun arc but Rogue doesn't get a ton of action, most of it is character exploration.
    That isteresting too.

I Like the idea of a "Dark Rogue saga" or something cheese like that "The Gloves are destroyed" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    That isteresting too.

I Like the idea of a "Dark Rogue saga" or something cheese like that "The Gloves are destroyed" or something.
    I think the arc is called "the gloves are off" actually lol.

I'm not sure I'd want that story in the 616 but an AU could be fun!

I think the arc is called "the gloves are off" actually lol.

I'm not sure I'd want that story in the 616 but an AU could be fun!
    What if? Rogue remained dominant when she absorbed Danvers?

Something akin to Spiderman The Shadow.

X-men Presents : Rogue : The Hunger.

Basically she kills Danvers and get all her powers but not her influence that is removed by Emma (In HFC days) Or Mastermind whoever telepath Mystique get to that time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    What if? Rogue remained dominant when she absorbed Danvers?

Something akin to Spiderman The Shadow.

X-men Presents : Rogue : The Hunger.
    And to take it further, Rogue decided not to stop with Carol. She then wanted to absorb Everyone or at least as many different superpowers as she could absorb! Would it have been the Avengers in that reality or X-Men, FF, or individual characters one after the other? So many possibilities.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yea that's a good point. Rogue's concept changed from a older woman to a teenager and that probably affected story history and consistency.
    I don't think Claremont ever intended Rogue to be any older than 17 when she was introduced in 1981. In Avengers Annual #10, Mystique introduces Rogue as her "Protege". It was the artists that came after Michael Golden that prematurely aged her. It was Paul Smith that moved the stripe to the middle and started drawing her "appropriate" age.

A "Protege" can be of any age.

Funny thing, during her dream, Rogue rips her pillow apart and feathers are flying!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    And to take it further, Rogue decided not to stop with Carol. She then wanted to absorb Everyone or at least as many different superpowers as she could absorb! Would it have been the Avengers in that reality or X-Men, FF, or individual characters one after the other? So many possibilities.
    What If? Rogue Absorbed The Marvel Universe.

I'd read it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb
    Funny thing, during her dream, Rogue rips her pillow apart and feathers are flying!
    To be fair, she did have a really weird dream about committing sucide via Wolverine.

Speaking of dreams and minds, I'd be really curious to see the inside of Rogue's head again. Sort like the Giant Size Emma and Jean issue where they go inside Storms mind. Rogue's head is probably an interesting place.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-24-2021 at 02:30 PM.