Page 60 of 127 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL...yupp, that's very plausible.
    Those magazine artistic directors are the worst!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    models don't have organs
    That Mj controversy was stupid.I could easily see MJ with a figure like this.Rogue is bulkier imo.

Whelp... Rogue appears in one scene before the rest of the preview is all Braddock drama. just like this book

Anyway I hope we get more we get some Planet Sized previews soon, I feel like Rogue may play a more important role in that issue.

Rogue has a cameo in today's X-Factor issue
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 05-12-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Yep! Rogue is a fave of Leah's so I'm glad she got a chance to show that off, if just briefly. ;p

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Anyway I hope we get more we get some Planet Sized previews soon, I feel like Rogue may play a more important role in that issue.
    Maybe...maybe not.
    From the XM21 prev pages, it seems like only the Omegas are leaving the party for their Mission on Mars.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Maybe...maybe not.
    From the XM21 prev pages, it seems like only the Omegas are leaving the party for their Mission on Mars.
    Yea I thought maybe the picked team were the one's going to mars but nope, the cover was right and it's the omegas.

Oh well, hopefully she does have more appearances somewhere around the Gala issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Maybe...maybe not.
    ....which I Hope they show using their Omega Powers to their Omega-est!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea I thought maybe the picked team were the one's going to mars but nope, the cover was right and it's the omegas.

Oh well, hopefully she does have more appearances somewhere around the Gala issues.
    I am sure we will see more Rogue soon!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am sure we will see more Rogue soon!
    We can hope!

Anyway some Rogue art.

by Andymemu

by Rafeal Loureiro

by Adam Hastings

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I like that second one a lot. Looks like something the MCU would do to adapt that costume
    Make Good Art

Yea I think that's what the artist was doing actually, updating the 92' uniforms.

Anyway a question for y'all

What direction would you like to see Rogue in that is relatively new? She's been a teacher, gotten married, been leader of the X-Men and Avengers but there are still a few things she hasn't explored that tie into her current status and history.

a. Villain Reform Advocate Thunderbolts (?)

For how much Krakoa is giving amnesty and resources to various civilians, I'm surprised no one is actually trying to address actually reforming them. So if you give everyone paradise they automatically decide not to harass people? Eeeh, I think that's super simplistic view of why crime happens. I still think there are plenty of villains that would still break various laws and should learn how to interact with both mutant and human society. I think this is where Rogue would shine, as she's one of the X-Men's best success stories in this regard and she already did lead a team of majority mutant villains. A bit that it blew up in her face lol.

I could totally see her trying to reform villains on Krakoa or even the greater MU, as a faux She-Hulk like title were she'd argue as a defendant for villain second chances (the one's that deserve it anyway). Actually I think UA was totally setting this up for awhile or at least Zub really liked the idea.

b. Queen of Thieves

This is more of a joint-direction with Gambit, but really getting into the thick of things with the Guild. We know Gambit's the current head but he's handed over all his responsibility to his father. I imagine poor Jean-Luc would like to retire sometime, so it'd be high time to start prepping Remy and his wife for his position. I think it would be an interesting premise navigating controlling one of the largest crime organizations in the MU as a superhero. What changes would Rogue and Remy make to the way it's run? Would they be put in conflict with other heroes? What does this mean for their image as X-Men? As it is, both of them just sort of keep a blind eye to the Guild despite probably having enough power to bring it down. At the very least they are both complicit already.

But a position of power is different. That's a plot that I wish Mr and Mrs X would have addressed more or turned into. Remy has a rich background for a solo series and Rogue could help build that up with her own connections (Mystique, Destiny, Blindspot, etc...). Rogue and Remy have fought hard to break free from their pasts but this puts them in a situation that forces them reconcile that. I'd love to read it TBH.

Any thoughts? Or perhaps any other ideas for what direction they could take Rogue in the future?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm biased, but I would like to see her in the role of Queen of Thieves. I think that could make for some very interesting storytelling, especially since it's such a dubious organization and she is a reformed villain. I can picture her trying to gain the respect of the thieves while also trying to reign in some of the more rebellious/villainous members. Heck, Gambit has had a hard time with that at times. It wouldn't be a walk in the park for Rogue, either.

I would like to see her as a Reformed Villain Advocate as well, though.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I'm biased, but I would like to see her in the role of Queen of Thieves. I think that could make for some very interesting storytelling, especially since it's such a dubious organization and she is a reformed villain. I can picture her trying to gain the respect of the thieves while also trying to reign in some of the more rebellious/villainous members. Heck, Gambit has had a hard time with that at times. It wouldn't be a walk in the park for Rogue, either.

I would like to see her as a Reformed Villain Advocate as well, though.
    No, I get it, I like both ideas a lot xD

Maybe if KT ever gets another shot at a Rogue and Gambit book that can be an idea someone can pitch to her. Now that they're settled as a couple, they can lean more into their roots and background. I liked the series but it would've benefited from a tighter focus and plot.

Anyway, my dream cast for a Thieves Guild book would be something like

Gambit, Rogue, Pulse*, Zoe Ishihara, Blindspot II (Samuel Chung), Courier, Nil, Rat King

As much as I hate to recycle Milligan's bad plots, I think Pulse makes sense as a blank slate with a connection to Rogue as well as with his thieving background. Just avoid any drama and develop him as a character. If the book really needed star power maybe adding Blackcat or Boom Boom.

Rogue as a villain reform advocate
    I like that idea a lot, could lead to some very interesting stories. Especially since Rogue has no problem dispensing the "tough love" when necessary.
    It would also let her interact with a number of villains that the X-men don't often cross paths with.

queen of thieves
    I've never been a huge fan of the thieves guild. Rogue has been in some good guild stories, but I don't really see her personality meshing well with a group like this.
    If Rogue were going to take something I think she'd be more likely to do it Juggernaut style (bust through a wall , take what you want, bust through another wall on your way out). No real need for stealth from people with power like that.