Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1891
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    X-Men Evolution Rogue is underrated. She may not be a flying brick, but she had tons of attitude that reminded me heavily of 80s Rogue. She wasn't afraid to brawl or fight, which I loved.

Unlike the X-Men movies...
    Evolution was great! It was refreshing to see her use her powers (and others') in different, unique ways
    Make Good Art

Even though I adore TAS, Evolution hands down had the best character arc for Rogue. It fully explored her development from misfit, to X-Men, and explored her trust and isolation issues.

TAS Rogue has the edge in being funny and more confident but she was a bit more stagnant as a character. Which is understandable, since she's supposed to be older.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt like Evolution or that era for Rogue much at all. It was 1 of the early material that started the prevelance of Rogue without her signature powerset as we saw in that cartoon, later WATX, the X-men movies, Ultimate X-men and eventually the main books
    I blame the movies for that. Still Chris Yost, Craig Kyle and Carey were able to write Rogue with her basic power set in creative ways. As long as she kept her strong-headed attitude, that was the deal-breaker for me.

Though I do prefer her as a flying brick over all.

Evolution Rogue was probably going to gain that powerset if we go by the ending teaser.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Its hard to pick a female friend for Rogue as most of the females have been stand-offish and a bit vice versa though Rogue shared some earlier pivotal moments with Storm. I'm trying to think of the blue team but I think Jubilee is the only character that never had friction with her but that doesn't amount to friend.

She has had some interesting interactions with Wolverine but despite him feeling Rogue had honor for saving Mariko he never fully trusted her for a long time.

Even though I adore TAS, Evolution hands down had the best character arc for Rogue. It fully explored her development from misfit, to X-Men, and explored her trust and isolation issues.

TAS Rogue has the edge in being funny and more confident but she was a bit more stagnant as a character. Which is understandable, since she's supposed to be older.

I blame the movies for that. Still Chris Yost, Craig Kyle and Carey were able to write Rogue with her basic power set in creative ways. As long as she kept her strong-headed attitude, that was the deal-breaker for me.

Though I do prefer her as a flying brick over all.

Evolution Rogue was probably going to gain that powerset if we go by the ending teaser.

I also so wanted a Season 5 for Evolution. I loved how each character looked as their future self and Rogue definitely had powers of her own at that point.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Its hard to pick a female friend for Rogue as most of the females have been stand-offish and a bit vice versa though Rogue shared some earlier pivotal moments with Storm. I'm trying to think of the blue team but I think Jubilee is the only character that never had friction with her but that doesn't amount to friend.

She has had some interesting interactions with Wolverine but despite him feeling Rogue had honor for saving Mariko he never fully trusted her for a long time.

Bobby and Sam are her best friends, and she is also close to Northstar, Logan, Shiro and even Bishop and Cable
    When it comes to the women, I guess Rachel and Kitty are the ones she gets along with the best

Rogue also made good friendships with her Unity Squad teammates (including Wasp)
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 06-03-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Bobby and Sam are her best friends, and she is also close to Northstar, Logan, Shiro and even Bishop and Cable
    When it comes to the women, I guess Rachel and Kitty are the ones she gets along with the best

Rogue also made good friendships with her Unity Squad teammates (including Wasp)
    Well, Rachel had never been shown to have a problem with Rogue and Kitty's anger during Rogues debut as an X-Man did not last long. So... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Jean sweetie are you okay? Her face looks deformed. Or maybe it’s that bloody mask and poofy hair up that’s throwing everything off. Rogue looks about 20 years older. Everyone else looks great.
    Actually I really didn't notice how Jean looked. She looks like 1960's Wanda. Lol, IDK. I think Rogues ok though she doesn't have the cuteness that I usually see with Rogue and I feel some current artists don't portray that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And how long has Rogue had full control of her abilities?
    And what possible excuse would she have to go up to Xavier or Erik now and absorb their memories?

I LOVE her black and green outfit of the Outback era. I hope we get to see it X-Men, at some point, if only for an arc.
    Now she is in control of her powers. And what excuse? Suspect that her mother and Ruth had not yet been revived. Many things.

In control she could absorb either of them and they wouldn't even notice that she scanned minds a slight casual touch would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I've been re-watching this on D+ and yeah, once they tone down Kitty's 'hip' colloquialisms, it's fun to watch her interact with Rogue. They have a great dynamic

I also just watched the one (from early season 3) where she and Wolverine are attacked while getting snacks and she saves him with the motorcycle. So good!
    The Stuff of Heroes (Season 3 - Episode 2). One of my faves, especially when Rogue manhandled Juggernaut...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I also so wanted a Season 5 for Evolution. I loved how each character looked as their future self and Rogue definitely had powers of her own at that point.
    I know, right?! I'm still waiting for them to collect the entirety of Season 4, and put it all on DVD/Blu-ray (pronto):

Well, Rachel had never been shown to have a problem with Rogue and Kitty's anger during Rogues debut as an X-Man did not last long. So... yeah.
    In agreement with you about the 616 versions of Rogue & Kitty.
    Still remember Kitty protecting Rogue from Harpoon's sneak attack during the Mutant Massacre Saga...

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-03-2021 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

he was good with Rogue after she was the one who helped save Mariko from Viper and Samurai. She's one of Logan's teen girl sidekicks, pretty much the one between Kitty and Jubilee
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The Stuff of Heroes (Season 3 - Episode 2). One of my faves, especially when Rogue manhandled Juggernaut...

I know, right?! I'm still waiting for them to collect the entirety of Season 4, and put it all on DVD/Blu-ray (pronto):

In agreement with you about the 616 versions of Rogue & Kitty.
    Still remember Kitty protecting Rogue from Harpoon's sneak attack during the Mutant Massacre Saga...

I actually have the issue that those panels are from, though I drew in it and such when I was a little kid so it wouldn't be worth much...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Loved her the most in the Outback era, when she would frequently pop open a beer with Logan.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt like Evolution or that era for Rogue much at all. It was 1 of the early material that started the prevelance of Rogue without her signature powerset as we saw in that cartoon, later WATX, the X-men movies, Ultimate X-men and eventually the main books
    I agree with this. Really It was the movie that really started Rogue's downward spiral across all media (that was her worst incarnation by far), but Evolution definitely kept it going.

I don't know.

To me there is BIG difference between this trash Rogue.

God I disliked Singer. I don't know what it is was with him having Rogue fight seat-belts instead of villains.

Compared to how Yost and Kyle wrote Rogue as one of the powerhouses in Evolution.

In Evo, Rogue throws plane, instead of plane throwing Rogue.

She might only have her basic powers in both, but they treated her very differently in each.

I don't know.

To me there is BIG difference between this trash Rogue.

God I disliked Singer. I don't know what it is was with him having Rogue fight seat-belts instead of villains.

Compared to how Yost and Kyle wrote Rogue as one of the powerhouses in Evolution.

In Evo, Rogue throws plane, instead of plane throwing Rogue.

She might only have her basic powers in both, but they treated her very differently in each.
    While Evo Rogue was definitely Much better than movie Rogue (Movie Rogue was an absolute waste),
    They both helped shape how the character was viewed and represented later, and I don't think either one helped in a positive way overall.

From giving her 616 character the name "Anna" (fine I suppose), to giving her that short haircut (Didn't care for that at all), to stripping away her flight powers and invulnerability (a Complete and Unforgivable Travesty).

I'm glad marvel finally moved away from that depowered Rogue phase they were in, and hopefully when we next see her in a cartoon or movie she'll be much more like her X-men TAS or classic comic incarnations.