Page 81 of 127 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Rogue puttin her back into it is what we've all been waiting for.

It's hard to believe this book is finally coming out next week!

It feels like yesterday when Rogue's future looked bleak due to being in Excalibur jail, it's gonna take me a while to sink in she'll be in a decent book for at least year moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

It feels like yesterday when Rogue's future looked bleak due to being in Excalibur jail, it's gonna take me a while to sink in she'll be in a decent book for at least year moving forward.
    Yes, this is good news. Also, Rogue will be on an interesting team of characters. It should be good!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This looks great and I'm LMAO because telling Rogue not to provoke a monster is like telling a dog not to eat a steak.

So glad to have one of my favs off Excalibur and on to bigger and better things! Here's hoping the other one breaks free soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Rogue puttin her back into it is what we've all been waiting for.
    To be fair, she was carrying Excalibur. Her and Betts.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    This looks great and I'm LMAO because telling Rogue not to provoke a monster is like telling a dog not to eat a steak.

So glad to have one of my favs off Excalibur and on to bigger and better things! Here's hoping the other one breaks free soon too.
    And the monster attacked first. Soon as she can, she's gonna hit it!

Never thought I’d be so happy to see Rogue get knocked through skyscrapers. She’s finally back in her element.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Never thought I’d be so happy to see Rogue get knocked through skyscrapers. She’s finally back in her element.
    And she's ready to rescue Lorna right after
    I love this girl so much

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    To be fair, she was carrying Excalibur. Her and Betts.
    Yeah Rogue was the only reason I bought Excalibur, even when she was comatose and laid out on the salad bar.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Yeah Rogue was the only reason I bought Excalibur, even when she was comatose and laid out on the salad bar.
    God. That book is a mess.

Oh, huh. Here I was working with the assumption that when Rogue had full control, the absorption worked similar to Synch and Hope in that it did not affect the other person at all. It seems I was wrong, Rogue just lessens the transfer consciously to where the person doesn't feel the worst of the effects. I guess it's akin to the difference from a medical blood draw to getting stabbed, both gonna draw blood but one hurts way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, this is good news. Also, Rogue will be on an interesting team of characters. It should be good!
    Yep! Some she's never really interacted much with before (Synch, Laura), some she's never been on a real team with (Jean) and some it's been awhile since served with (Sunfire, Polaris, Cyclops).

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ

IKR? But sassy trash-talking Rogue is my favorite </3

Yes, I'm rereading Legacy, what gave it away xD

And yes Gambit, Jubilee and Rictor despite how much attention he gets, it's been terrible for him too all deserve better. I'm really hoping the line gets a reshuffle soon, hopefully without Tini writing any of my favorites...

Oh, huh. Here I was working with the assumption that when Rogue had full control, the absorption worked similar to Synch and Hope in that it did not affect the other person at all. It seems I was wrong, Rogue just lessens the transfer consciously to where the person doesn't feel the worst of the effects. I guess it's akin to the difference from a medical blood draw to getting stabbed, both gonna draw blood but one hurts way more.

That's a perfect analogy and honestly I like this version of her powers in control, because it has some cost and keeps the power creep under check and differentiates her from Synch and Hope. They're more likely to use their powers with teammates but have limited solo abilities and she's more likely to use absorbance against enemies and sparingly with teammates, while relying on her flying brick skills.

And I agree 100%, sassy trash-talking Rogue is the Rogue we deserve.

I think Tini thought she was giving us that, but it didn't hit right about 80% of the time.

And yes Gambit, Jubilee and Rictor despite how much attention he gets, it's been terrible for him too all deserve better. I'm really hoping the line gets a reshuffle soon, hopefully without Tini writing any of my favorites...
    Hard same. It's killing me slowly.

That's a perfect analogy and honestly I like this version of her powers in control, because it has some cost and keeps the power creep under check and differentiates her from Synch and Hope. They're more likely to use their powers with teammates but have limited solo abilities and she's more likely to use absorbance against enemies and sparingly with teammates, while relying on her flying brick skills.
    Yes, I love that her power has a downside like that. I also think that her being able to absorb the psych and knowledge of the person as well is more realistic and better too. I feel like characters that can just take other people's powers and use them just as well or better without that aspect are not just overpowered, but also cheapens the absorbed character's training and experiences in mastering their power.

And I agree 100%, sassy trash-talking Rogue is the Rogue we deserve.

I think Tini thought she was giving us that, but it didn't hit right about 80% of the time.
    Yeah I think there has been a big disconnect from the very beginning between what Howard thinks she is giving us and how the readership sees her work. She honestly does act like she likes the characters and says good things about the characters and what is coming up in interviews, but none of it makes it to the page imo. I still remember her saying in a interview some time that Rogue was going to have a good part coming up or something like that(and this was after the coma arc), and then we got nothing for the rest of the series as far as Rogue was concerned. I feel like Howard thought she did give us good Rogue moments though lol.

Hard same. It's killing me slowly.
    Same here. Sigh... same here.

ChronoRogue i love your post, but this time you are a little wrong. She can take the powers doing damage or without doing damage, and can suppress the power of taking vital energy.
    Remember that was the second time she used her powers with control of her. Even she used them like in the old days. Dhe had no practice she only knew how to deactivate the absorption and activate it.
    Although she then she learned fast.

If we learned anything from legacy it is that she actually has 5 basic powers based on absorption.
    Not one how many people assume. I think it is obvious they are different powers with different effects although they are all based on absorption.

And she with control she learned to separate all these powers.

1) Copy powers. She showed doubling the power by making the original owner have access to her powers as well. Or she could take the entirety of a power and let the owner of it consent. In other words, she could leave him depowered without leaving him in a coma, she did a lot of this in legacy.

2) mind taking or mind scanning with control she decides whether she takes thoughts or not. She said many times that she did not take the thoughts because she considered it disrespectful. She only took the powers

3) [I]take vital energy. This power[/I] is what leaves you in a coma and what can be lethal. She learned to separate that power. That's why she took so many powers and didn't do them any harm. But we saw if she wants to use that power to put her in a coma as she explained herself in avengers vs xmen.

4) taking physical and intellectual abilities.
    There is not much to add here, if you are a mountain climber or a doctor or engineer Rogue takes your skills and she can do the same as you.

5) empathy. Rogue doesn't just take memories.
    She also takes emotions and it is something that is sometimes forgotten.

With control we already saw her many times use her powers separately

Example 1, all legacy when she learned she begged for powers, and she did not take life energy at all so she did not harm them. She also did not take the minds and memories this also made it clear to Kitty that she took the power of her but she did not want to take the memories of her without her permission.

Example 2, her mental power of her she could scan and review minds and thoughts without taking powers or life energy. This he did many times. When she scanned the entire mind of the man who died in the subway and then showed her thoughts to her partner. So she can transfer thoughts. And this was seen more when she did it on the planet that of cats and insects.

She too probed in depth all the minds of the Legion personalities without taking her powers or life energy from her.

Example 3, she took all the power of the cuckos without taking her mind and less her life energy. Then after hours she decided to give it back to him. This he did many times. With frenzy when she stole the teleportation to exodus, to dog and when she threatened to hellion that he was going to take the power from her and burn him.
    In all these cases she took all of her powers without taking any vital energy.

Example 4. When she actually uses the power of taking vital energy they fall into a coma.
    And she specifies it.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-03-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Basically Rogue with control learned to separate her 5 basic natural powers that were all mixed up. And every time she was learning better how to do this.

Also with control of her the absorption of her is growing and she is more powerful

Also a good thing the few characters that were immune for some reason to his powers were no longer. Perhaps for the same reason her powers were growing. We saw how the childrenotvault mojo and wonderman the latter the most obvious case, they were no longer immune to its absorption powers.

Another thing that does not add to her powers but it has always been implicit, only that it happens sometimes and sometimes not. And maybe because she still doesn't know how to master that. How to revive past powers that we know is the final evolution of it.

But Rogue many times before Hope existed she maximizes the potential of the powers she takes from her.
    Sometimes they remember that, sometimes they don't.
    But it is canon. With more marvel Rogue increased many times the level of the powers that she took from Carol.
    With the xkids she used their powers much better and more powerful than they even Sam's, and I remember that Jean Grey's telepathy in Rogue was more powerful in Rogue than in Jean. And I remember that clearly and she wrote it claremont.

So it's a not-often-mentioned ability that Rogue possesses.