Page 87 of 127 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Damn, that's a deadly mix right there.
    The first 4 alone. Then enters the nuke that is Jean Grey
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh I think their would be a better argument if Rogues Wonder Man Powers made her have a much more speed up metabolism because of her super flight and super strength rather then comparing her to pageant Queens when those competitions have been notoriously known for starving their contestants
    There is not true necessarily , women who are naturally thin. And they can still have good back and chest luggage, being thin does not go hand in hand with not having feminine curves.

Rogue has always been slim but curvy, but clearly slim and feminine. I don't know why they want to see her as a steroids miss when she was never like that .. look at the comcis of the 80s even the 90s. Rogue has never been drawn as a bodybuilding physique. and it is part of the grace that a woman so feminine and who does not seem intimidating is capable of destroying mountains with her fists.

The same goes for Carol Danvers and Jessica Jones, who have thin or normal bodies.

The only super strong women who look like a misshapen mass of steroids that I remember are Shehulk Titania and Frenzy in their early years, luckily Frenzy looks better and less over the top these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Currently Shulkie looks ridiculous thanks to Jason Aaron's tomfoolery but neither she nor Titania traditionally have looked anything like what you're describing...they're both generally depicted as visibly muscular women, but nothing that's disproportionate to their height and build. Not to derail the thread or anything but it's kind of poor form to make them sound like freaks when male superheroes without enhanced physical attributes are generally depicted as muscular by default and nobody gives it a second thought.

Well, I do not agree. both Jen and Titania since the 80s have already had bodybuilding skills. and with more muscle than an average man who does not train in the gym with weights. But in this days their looking good yet.

But back in the 90's/2000 they looked terrible as if they were abusing steroids. and now well not to mention it.

No thanks, I don't want Rogue to look like this.
    She is very well so very feminine but she can still destroy a truck with her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Seriously! This is too dumb to function level of stupid. She's led 4 squads so far, c'mon!
    Statistics should not be taken as absolute truth.
    We know his strength stat should be maxed out these days, but he's not bad.

What is offensive is 1 point in intelligence.
    I pass it on to you in Duggan's run which she was fun but dumber than a rock, but we know she's very smart. and we spoke to a woman who had been the leader of the xmen several times, and of the avengers as well.

She is not a stupid woman at all. Not even average. she's pretty smart.

That card seems to say it is beautiful and sexy but silly 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Statistics should not be taken as absolute truth.
    We know his strength stat should be maxed out these days, but he's not bad.

What is offensive is 1 point in intelligence.
    I pass it on to you in Duggan's run which she was fun but dumber than a rock, but we know she's very smart. and we spoke to a woman who had been the leader of the xmen several times, and of the avengers as well.

She is not a stupid woman at all. Not even average. she's pretty smart.

That card seems to say it is beautiful and sexy but silly ��
    One of the skills Rogue has that isn't usually emphasized is she is a master mechanic. In the first Fantastic Four vs X-Men in 1987, you see her doing engine maintenance on the Blackbird. 15 years or so later, when she and Remy were living in California, her boss praised her skills as a motorcycle mechanic. Got to have some smarts to be able to be so skilled.

These ratings are the exact same from the original card from 1992.

We're getting way too hung up on this variant as if those ratings mean anything. They are not MARVEL GOSPEL.

The power statistics have not altered them, as you see in the post above, it was just a copy and paste.
    so they are not valid well for me, how do we know all the statistics of her have increased with respect to the powers of Miss Marvel, something that has been seen in the comics.

On the other hand that 1, it didn't make any sense to me, not even what we consider to be the 90s, How Mikeb said, Claremont he always wrote Rogue as a pretty smart woman, and that's canon.

I believe the fault of that erroneous 1, is the first animated series where Rogue appeared, that although funny and powerfull certainly very intelligent she was not, compared to her version of the comcis of her what if she is.

Luckily the following animations showed us that Rogue is pretty smart.🙏🏻💪🏻👌🏻

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

We're getting way too hung up on this variant as if those ratings mean anything. They are not MARVEL GOSPEL.
    Amen!
    They were outdated 5 years after their release in 1992...they're irrelevant now. It's ALL about the Dauterman exquisitenessities, nothing more.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    One of the skills Rogue has that isn't usually emphasized is she is a master mechanic. In the first Fantastic Four vs X-Men in 1987, you see her doing engine maintenance on the Blackbird. 15 years or so later, when she and Remy were living in California, her boss praised her skills as a motorcycle mechanic. Got to have some smarts to be able to be so skilled.

Exactly Rogue is very good at complex mechanics. and you must be smart to do that.

Also writers ignore this in most of her, but Rogue speaks perfect French, something that she made very clear in her first meeting with Northstar,.
    she also believe she must have a decent knowledge of Spanish,. I have seen her in different comcs throw some words in Spanish.

Also Rogue seems to have a good knowledge of laws and the gift of the word, she defended a former villain in a trial, villain who helped her in UA when the city was trapped in a dome, this topic was written by Jim Zub, he did not write it Duggan personally seems to me to write to Rogue quite dumb, badasss But dumb, luckily in Avengers when Jim Zub took command Rogue regained his intelligence.

For the missions and what works, Rogue's plans must be quite smart, and even more so to lead both the xmen and the Avengers.

Taking into consideration that from 5 points she would already enter the genius rank and 7 she would already be super genius in intelligence.
    That Rogue has 3 or 4 points in intelligence seems the most logical to me.
    because our girl is pretty smart.

Ah. Then **** it, then. The 90's were not kind to our gal...

Exactly Rogue is very good at complex mechanics. and you must be smart to do that.

Also writers ignore this in most of her, but Rogue speaks perfect French, something that she made very clear in her first meeting with Northstar,.
    she also believe she must have a decent knowledge of Spanish,. I have seen her in different comcs throw some words in Spanish.

Also Rogue seems to have a good knowledge of laws and the gift of the word, she defended a former villain in a trial, villain who helped her in UA when the city was trapped in a dome, this topic was written by Jim Zub, he did not write it Duggan personally seems to me to write to Rogue quite dumb, badasss But dumb, luckily in Avengers when Jim Zub took command Rogue regained his intelligence.

For the missions and what works, Rogue's plans must be quite smart, and even more so to lead both the xmen and the Avengers.

Taking into consideration that from 5 points she would already enter the genius rank and 7 she would already be super genius in intelligence.
    That Rogue has 3 or 4 points in intelligence seems the most logical to me.
    because our girl is pretty smart.
    And she was Mystique's lawyer back whe mutants were depowered by the High Evolutionary. The only one who wrote her as a dumbass was Remender.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Amen!
    They were outdated 5 years after their release in 1992...they're irrelevant now. It's ALL about the Dauterman exquisitenessities, nothing more.
    I mean honestly. That 90's Lee art is lovely but that body is not 120lbs.
    We must never allow the text inaccuracies to mar the art appreciation, sugah babies.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    And she was Mystique's lawyer back whe mutants were depowered by the High Evolutionary. The only one who wrote her as a dumbass was Remender.

Exactly, our Girl is smart.

And I'm going to play devil's advocate a bit here. Remender did not writingn Rogue with such limited brain power as Duggan did.

Duggan portrays a funny Rogue and Badass But he also portrays Rogue as a moron, with the intelligence of a rock.

Duggan is very overrated because he gave us a very powerful and funny flying brick, but the bad is extremely stupid portrait to Rogue, Jim Zub did a thousand times better than Duggan in Avengers.
    It's the truth.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Not to mention ranking these skills on this small of a scale is deceptive
    Make Good Art

Exactly, our Girl is smart.

And I'm going to play devil's advocate a bit here. Remender did not writingn Rogue with such limited brain power as Duggan did.

Duggan portrays a funny Rogue and Badass But he also portrays Rogue as a moron, with the intelligence of a rock.

Duggan is very overrated because he gave us a very powerful and funny flying brick, but the bad is extremely stupid portrait to Rogue, Jim Zub did a thousand times better than Duggan in Avengers.
    It's the truth.
    Not really. She is smart abd cunning. She devised a plan to deal with a resurrected by the Hand Hulk. And for the most part was sucessful in limiting casualties. She also had Jonnhy burn the remains of Xavier's brain that Nazi Cap was planning on re-implanting in the Red Skull.
    Plus she managed to work with Cable behind Cap's back to get a cure for the M-pox.
    Last edited by seccruz; 07-16-2021 at 04:17 AM.