Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I don't want to be pessimistic but I think I'm going to be right.

Rogue is not going to use her powers in combo in this book, this story was the perfect opportunity to take powers and help, as we know she can make it easy, but nooooooo she just did basic X_x flying brick stuff. How much does Kelly Tompson, Zub or Claremont need, they are good at using all her powers.

At least in UA she shone because she was the main one practically and had the leadership of the team, here she doesn't even have that.
    very generic our girl in this issue.

Issue 7 / 10. Art by Pepe Larraz 10/10

The issue was good, but with Rogue very regular, and with Laura very bad, poor Laura looks like a robot ...
    I don't agree with you at all. She was leading the charge, she was competent. Hell she had a cool moment with Scott too. She wasn't the focus of the issue, but she was far from useless. The story moved forward. We got to see Shiro's pitch for membership (And I hope we get to see the others' pitches.). Plus they kicked ass and were accepted in the community they saved. I loved the issue!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I Liked the fact that Rogue and Scott are in good terms.

They have a "rocky" working relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I don't agree with you at all. She was leading the charge, she was competent. Hell she had a cool moment with Scott too. She wasn't the focus of the issue, but she was far from useless. The story moved forward. We got to see Shiro's pitch for membership (And I hope we get to see the others' pitches.). Plus they kicked ass and were accepted in the community they saved. I loved the issue!
    Actually she was the one who had the least intervention in the book along with x23 and Scott, Rogue and Scott barely and she has dialogue, and X 23 has a couple of words between grunts, at least in this issue I am very disappointed with her performance. as I said in the previous issue it looked more impressive with the two pages of action that she had.

Here the only real participation he had in battle was the panel that we saw referring to the Avengers. And throwing a damn log for Scott to blow up. WTF .... a class100 woman who was bouncing the angry Hulk all over town must have done a lot more than that.

The issue was very good for Polaris Jean Ev and Sunfire.

For Rogue and Scott Fairly regular.

And for X23 very, very bad.

I'd be lying if I'm not saying I'm a bit disappointed, but hey X23 is actually getting the worst of this book.

Yes, it seemed like a good issue in general, but it is not for me as a Rogue fan. It was the perfect opportunity for her to charge with powers and nothing, and as a class 100 flying brick it is not that she will shine in this issue, while Polaris Jean and Ev do not stop talking, even Shiro talks more and shines more than Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Beautiful.

Correction, rereading the issue, Scott had a lot more dialogue than Rogue, the lowest point was poor Rogue and Laura.
    But Laura got the worst of it, Rogue at least felt like herself and fun, although Rogue was very underutilized, but she didn't fare as badly as poor Laura.

But taking only two pages where Rogue speaks, and not only says monosyllables, taking that out Rogue here was the queen of wallpaper, very underrated here.

…the only real participation [s]he had in battle was the panel that we saw referring to the Avengers. And throwing a damn log for Scott to blow up. WTF .... a class100 woman who was bouncing the angry Hulk all over town must have done a lot more than that.
    I would die for a Jean full-page like this, even if it was her only appearance in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I would die for a Jean full-page like this, even if it was her only appearance in the issue.

But what are you talking about ?
    If Jean shone wonderfully in that Issue and it was the one who had the most dialogues, I think I'll tolerate this issue because I also like Jean, if you are a fan of Jean Lorna or Ev it will be great, and I said it is a good issue but for a Rogue fan It is not so much, and since she is my favorite character I think it was pertinent to mention that not everything was rosy, Rogue was very lazy and was the queen of the wallpapper here.

The ones who shone the most were Lorna Jean Ev and Sunfire.

Scott was fine, although below those mentioned above.

Rogue was very regular, she almost did not speak at all except when she mentioned the Avengers and Steve, from then on she was only the queen of the cameo, and in action I am very dissatisfied, she is a class 100 also has invulnerability, flight and has super speed .She must have done more than just drop a damn log, and take a couple of blows so generically.

Very underused.

But that's if, as I said, the worst part is taken by Laura.

[B]The ones who shone the most were Lorna Jean Ev and Sunfire.
    If it makes you feel better, I am sure the three you mentioned will take a backseat to Rogue, Wolverine, and Cyclops in future issues. Maybe even the next one. I mean, look at the cover for issue #3...

Rogue with Pepe Larraz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I am sure the three you mentioned will take a backseat to Rogue, Wolverine, and Cyclops in future issues. Maybe even the next one. I mean, look at the cover for issue #3...

Hopefully you are right, although this group will only last one year, and how do we not know if some of the members will repeat in the group in the next elections, sooo each issue counts.

At least I never liked Duggan that he does not like Rogue's absorption powers, something obvious, but there was no doubt that he was still her favorite, she looked like the class100 +++ flying brick that she is.
    and she was the one who received the most dialogue in Uncanny Avengers, for now in XM she is the queen of the wallpapper.

Hopefully you're right and the situation improves.

BANNED

Hopefully you are right, although this group will only last one year, and how do we not know if some of the members will repeat in the group in the next elections, sooo each issue counts.

At least I never liked Duggan that he does not like Rogue's absorption powers, something obvious, but there was no doubt that he was still her favorite, she looked like the class100 +++ flying brick that she is.
    and she was the one who received the most dialogue in Uncanny Avengers, for now in XM she is the queen of the wallpapper.

Hopefully you're right and the situation improves.
    You cannot call a character underutilized after just two issues.

Lastly in most of her existence, Roghe had her Ms. Marvel powers. She used her strength,fighting abilities and flight as her primary offensive power every since Avengers Annual 10. Her absorption power can hurt or kill, which is why she does not use it all the time.

Duggan’s use of her is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You cannot call a character underutilized after just two issues.

Lastly in most of her existence, Roghe had her Ms. Marvel powers. She used her strength,fighting abilities and flight as her primary offensive power every since Avengers Annual 10. Her absorption power can hurt or kill, which is why she does not use it all the time.

Duggan’s use of her is amazing.

When you only have 12 safe issues in the book, and then you don't know where your character will be or if he will continue in the cast, because each issue counts.

1) And no, I insist, don't compare Duggan to Claremont, Claremont constantly used her absorbing powers along with those of flying brick.
    It is not the same to be measured in the use of absorption to NEVER use it as is the case with Duggan, who in two years at UA never used it in battle.

2) You would have a point if Rogue did not have control of her mutant powers, but that is not the case, she has full control of her powers, and can take powers from her friends without hurting them if she does not want to, it is simply to excuse the laziness of a writer.

3) And yes, at the moment she is the queen of the wallpaper here, and since we only have 12 issues safely, each issue matters, it is not known if Rogue after those 12 issues is still in the book.

4) She only speaks in two panels nothing more, while most of the cast flashed and had extensive dialogue, AND HOW FLYING BRICK DIDN'T LOOK Great HERE, excuse me for expressing a COHERENT concern lol.

5) If you never use the MUTANT POWERS to ROGUE, it is indeed amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Her absorption power can hurt or kill, which is why she does not use it all the time.
    Information material Rogue has her mutant powers under control, doing harm or not is something she decides, she can take powers without doing harm.
    For which Duggan has no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I Liked the fact that Rogue and Scott are in good terms.

They have a "rocky" working relationship.
    Right? Their colab in this issue was amazing!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Right? Their colab in this issue was amazing!
    I think it's the first time they've worked together on panel since Utopia
    It's been a long time