Page 96 of 127 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1891
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Information material Rogue has her mutant powers under control, doing harm or not is something she decides, she can take powers without doing harm.
    For which Duggan has no excuse.
    Rogue lost the ability to just touch her friends and copy her powers in Uncanny Avengers and has never regained that aspect of her powers. She can now control her absorption to stop her self from absorbing people. But if she absorbs people now with a risk of hurting people which was how her powers worked through much of her existence.

I am happy to see all trace of Carey’s Rogue is gone. My least favorite Rogue, along with Anna Paquin’s Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Rogue lost the ability to just touch her friends and copy her powers in Uncanny Avengers and has never regained that aspect of her powers. She can now control her absorption to stop her self from absorbing people. But if she absorbs people now with a risk of hurting people which was how her powers worked through much of her existence.

I am happy to see all trace of Carey’s Rogue is gone. My least favorite Rogue, along with Anna Paquin’s Rogue.

XD XD XD You are sooooo wrong. Lol

WTF ???? I think that. You are not aware.
    Rogue regained TOTAL control OF HER POWERS from her in Excalibur and in fact she decides if she does harm or not.

She took Rachel's powers without harming her, and acted as a conduit of powers by using her absorbing powers once more harmlessly. And I'm talking about the current Rogue.

I find it excellent if you like that Rogue has no control of her powers but that has don't been the case for a long time.

Current Rogue.

Current Rogue.

Current Rogue.

Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-06-2021 at 07:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I prefer that she can't just absorb powers with no side effects.Kinda what made her power special.
    Just have it be she can take powers but it will still drain others, not knock them out levels, a little less.
    She should definitely be able to do it without memory draining though, if she doesn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I prefer that she can't just absorb powers with no side effects.Kinda what made her power special.
    Just have it be she can take powers but it will still drain others, not knock them out levels, a little less.
    She should definitely be able to do it without memory draining though, if she doesn't want to.
    That was more like having no control, not that it was special.

Now, how you see in the previous scans, she decides whether or not to do harm, because she learned to separate her absorbing powers from her.
    How do you know she takes several things not only powers, so she is learning to be selective and separate her powers, what she left in a coma and what can kill is the absorption of vital energy, which is what she suppresses so as not to harm her friends.

But hey, I'm glad she's in control again, although with Duggan she will probably never use her mutant powers.

My favorite XMen # 2 moment for Rogue was watching her pilot the blackbird, although she had no dialogue

Although well she only opened her mouth 3 times in the whole issue, it was frustrating, only Pepe's art made it digestible.

Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-06-2021 at 08:39 AM.

BANNED

XD XD XD You are sooooo wrong. Lol

WTF ???? I think that. You are not aware.
    Rogue regained TOTAL control OF HER POWERS from her in Excalibur and in fact she decides if she does harm or not.

She took Rachel's powers without harming her, and acted as a conduit of powers by using her absorbing powers once more harmlessly. And I'm talking about the current Rogue.

I find it excellent if you like that Rogue has no control of her powers but that has don't been the case for a long time.

Current Rogue.

Current Rogue.

Current Rogue.

I had forgotten that issue.

So yes, she got her control over her powers back.

She’s still mainly a physical combatant, which is why she made the team. So it’s not likely she will use her absorption power every issue. She only had Wonder Man’s ionic powers because she absorbed them. Using peers she permanently absorbed is still using her mutant powers as she only has these powers because she squired them due to her mutant powers.

I had forgotten that issue.

So yes, she got her control over her powers back.

She’s still mainly a physical combatant, which is why she made the team. So it’s not likely she will use her absorption power every issue. She only had Wonder Man’s ionic powers because she absorbed them. Using peers she permanently absorbed is still using her mutant powers as she only has these powers because she squired them due to her mutant powers.

That she has control does not make her stop being a physical combatant, but it is not the first time that you make a statement about Rogue and you are wrong. Another thing is that you personally do not like that she has control of her powers and evolves as a character. Having control of her powers, we already know that she could be selective and separate her powers and that should not change. Now as you can see, she chooses if she uses the absorption of vital energy, which is what does harm, that is, there is no reason except Duggan's laziness and bad writing for her not to use her mutant powers.

I'm not saying I don't love her like a flying brick, what I mean is that she should use all of her powers like she did Claremont, like Jim Zub did, and like Kelly Tompson did. Only a balance.

Hell even Tini was a lot more balanced than Duggan using all of Rogue's powers.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 08-06-2021 at 03:22 PM.

BANNED

That she has control does not make her stop being a physical combatant, but it is not the first time that you make a statement about Rogue and you are wrong. Another thing is that you personally do not like that she has control of her powers and evolves as a character. Having control of her powers, we already know that she could be selective and separate her powers and that should not change. Now as you can see, she chooses if she uses the absorption of vital energy, which is what does harm, that is, there is no reason except Duggan's laziness and bad writing for her not to use her mutant powers.

I'm not saying I don't love her like a flying brick, what I mean is that she should use all of her powers like she did Claremont, like Jim Zub did, and like Kelly Tompson did. Only a balance.

Hell even Tini was a lot more balanced than Duggan using all of Rogue's powers.
    I don’t hate her control over her powers at all. I wasn’t pushing for it, obviously. However, the reason why I liked Rogue is from the very beginning she was a tough scrappy woman who could take hits from the Hulk and that was unheard of at that time. Even today there are still very few female characters who are class 100 like Rogue is. With her strength, fighting skills, flight, and durability there simply is not the bees for her to absorb someone every issue. Her physical prowess has been a part of her since she was introduced 40 years ago.
    Ut
    There just isn’t.

I don’t hate her control over her powers at all. I wasn’t pushing for it, obviously. However, the reason why I liked Rogue is from the very beginning she was a tough scrappy woman who could take hits from the Hulk and that was unheard of at that time. Even today there are still very few female characters who are class 100 like Rogue is. With her strength, fighting skills, flight, and durability there simply is not the bees for her to absorb someone every issue. Her physical prowess has been a part of her since she was introduced 40 years ago.
    Ut
    There just isn’t.

I also like Rogue flying brick ... but you can't compare Claremont to Duggan. I WANT THEM TO USE ALL THEIR POWERS, NOT IGNORE THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE THE SHIFT WRITER.

Claremont used both brick and absorption powers, he was very good at combining ALL.
    in every story arc he at least used them once either by will or by accident.

And that's what I want writers who are able to play with all of her powers. not to ignore her powers that make her more powerful just to be just a generic brick, that I love her with those powers but Rogue is much more than a generic flying brick.

BANNED

I also like Rogue flying brick ... but you can't compare Claremont to Duggan. I WANT THEM TO USE ALL THEIR POWERS, NOT IGNORE THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE THE SHIFT WRITER.

Claremont used both brick and absorption powers, he was very good at combining ALL.
    in every story arc he at least used them once either by will or by accident.

And that's what I want writers who are able to play with all of her powers. not to ignore her powers that make her more powerful just to be just a generic brick, that I love her with those powers but Rogue is much more than a generic flying brick.
    I am not saying she should never use her absorption powers. There will be fights where she needs to absorb someone to get their powers, to take them down, or sometimes to get their knowledge. I do know what her actual mutant power is.

I just don’t get upset if she doesn’t absorb people every issue. The monsters she fought this issue weren’t something you’d want to absorb.

I think people get upset when their favorite character doesn’t do everything every issue. It’s a team book, and they are working well together

I’m sure if the story requires Rogue to fly somewhere with energy blasts in additional to her strength she can borrow power from Cyoos since Synch is shown Synching with both Marvel Girl and Polaris. It’s just all
    He does is synch while Rogue permanently has Wonder Man’s ionic powers.

BANNED

I do think Rogue should occasionally borrow her teammates powers and occasionally use the more lethal version of her powers to knock out villains. I do love her absorption powers. It’s just generally it’s fun to see her beat the crap out of villains. As I said she is one of the few female characters who can fist fight Hulk, Juggernaut, etc.

FB_IMG_16283409046913383.jpg
    Happy Birthday to our girl! What are your favorite stories featuring Rogue?
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    FB_IMG_16283409046913383.jpg
    Happy Birthday to our girl! What are your favorite stories featuring Rogue?

Happy Anniversary Rogue.

The first Rogue comic I read as a child was one by MCarey when Rogue absorbed Hecatomb and the 8 billion alien entities, I will always have a special fondness for that story.

I also love the Claremont story where Rogue defeats Mastermold and sacrifices herself to have his head sent to a dimensional portal.

Annual Avengers 10 is also in my top3.

Lots of stories but I think I especially love all x-men legacy Uncanny Avengers (by Jim Zub).

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Happy anniversary Rogue!

I felt Duggan's run with her on Uncanny Avengers was quite good. I was also a fan of Mike Carey's depiction and some of her early Claremont stuff.

I was happy to see a bit of Lorna and Rogue interacting in X-Men this past week. I hope they manage to have an interesting relationship.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-07-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Happy anniversary Rogue!

I felt Duggan's run with her on Uncanny Avengers was quite good. I was also a fan of Mike Carey's depiction and some of her early Claremont stuff.

I was happy to see a bit of Lorna and Rogue interacting in X-Men this past week. I hope they manage to have an interesting relationship.
    They are definitely up there in my Rogue writers! She is competent, badass and a force to be reckoned with.
    My favorite was X-Treme X-Men 13 and X-Men 103, where she gets to lead the team for the first time.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah