Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Was Eternals just a mini? I didn't see it in the August - October solicitations except for the one-shots.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Was Eternals just a mini? I didn't see it in the August - October solicitations except for the one-shots.
    Per Gillen's newsletter it'll be a few months of specials and then the next arc kicks off.

I really like the arc now that it's all come together. I hope we get more time with Thena and Forgotten. I feel like Gillen has made things interesting dehumanizing them and showing all these machine like qualities that they are burdened by.

Well it looks like I will be a 2nd class citizen of Marvel movies.
    It was a good run.
    We went to most new movies on opening or close. It was a nice event for us and a couple of friends.
    Of course Covid changed that for over a year, but once we were able to stream Disney and other things, it gave me hope to continue with the MCU.

I still haven't seen Black Widow yet; I'm not made of money and timing is important right now, but at least I have/had the option.

I won't with Eternals, it seems. I'll have to wait until a regular release or dvd, etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I really like the arc now that it's all come together. I hope we get more time with Thena and Forgotten. I feel like Gillen has made things interesting dehumanizing them and showing all these machine like qualities that they are burdened by.
    This is bound to make them so very popular, finally people can actually relate to them right?!…….right?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Seems like Marvel continues to only want a horrible version of Eternals to exist. I've got no desire to see anything more about Eternals anymore.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Seems like Marvel continues to only want a horrible version of Eternals to exist. I've got no desire to see anything more about Eternals anymore.
    Didn’t you get the memo? Everything needs to be edgy and controversial.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is bound to make them so very popular, finally people can actually relate to them right?!…….right?
    Or maybe it just makes them different from other heroes.

Concepts of heroes change, as the times change.

Kind of like how the Asgardians and Olympian’s are manifestations of humanities imaginations, it seems the Eternals have a similar function that was put in place by the Celestials. They just always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Or maybe it just makes them different from other heroes.

Concepts of heroes change, as the times change.

Kind of like how the Asgardians and Olympian’s are manifestations of humanities imaginations, it seems the Eternals have a similar function that was put in place by the Celestials. They just always exist.
    As always you missed the point of my comment, I’ll explain myself better: turning the eternals into biological bots that keep being resurrected by stealing the life of innocent humans is utter garbage in my opinion.

BANNED

As always you missed the point of my comment, I’ll explain myself better: turning the eternals into biological bots that keep being resurrected by stealing the life of innocent humans is utter garbage in my opinion.
    You’re just one person. Just because you don’t like something does mean it will commercially.

Individuals may or may not like something, and we all have the rights to our individual tastes.

But it seems like some fans get mad when they can’t get others to join in whatever crusades they have. I am perfectly happy with the current Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You’re just one person. Just because you don’t like something does mean it will commercially.

Individuals may or may not like something, and we all have the rights to our individual tastes.

But it seems like some fans get mad when they can’t get others to join in whatever crusades they have. I am perfectly happy with the current Eternals.
    Talking about others people “getting mad”, how very ironic, You should really follow your own advice
    I wonder how did you menage to miss the part of my comment where I specified it was all just my opinion

There you go, I highlighted it for you
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-04-2021 at 08:08 AM.

BANNED

Talking about others people “getting mad”, how very ironic, You should really follow your own advice
    I wonder how did you menage to miss the part of my comment where I specified it was all just my opinion

There you go, I highlighted it for you
    I’m not mad at all. As I said, I like the current Eternals. If I didn’t I wouldn’t buy them.

As for whether other people but then or not, it’s entirely up to them.