Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m not mad at all. As I said, I like the current Eternals. If I didn’t I wouldn’t buy them.

As for whether other people but then or not, it’s entirely up to them.
    Great. Its settled then.

Some people like it some people won't.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't or can't dissect what makes a story element or plot good or bad from a heroic perspective. Not to mention be able
    to highlight that to our own personal tastes.

That being said while I really appreciate the eternals, and in general think they are a pretty dang interesting Sub-race. This particular development actually means in a way that the
    deviants and eternals aren't that far apart, and its interesting that they realize it too and try to join up.

The deviant insight on the Celestial machination and agenda might shed a lot of light on their shared experience.

Don't know if that's good or bad, but its... something. Maybe all change is good change.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Seems like Marvel continues to only want a horrible version of Eternals to exist. I've got no desire to see anything more about Eternals anymore.
    Which "horrible version" and why?

Which is the better version and why?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Didn’t you get the memo? Everything needs to be edgy and controversial.
    What is "edgy and controversial" about Gillen's Eternals?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    What is "edgy and controversial" about Gillen's Eternals?
    spoilers:
    Some of the usual main characters gets routinely mindwiped by their own brethren because they are unwilling to keep siphoning life from innocent human beings in order to be continually resurrected by the celestial machine, sersi knew it all along and was never mindwiped because she could not care less…… do I have to say more?
    end of spoilers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

WoW that's dumb.

Doesn't that make her the same as MCU Mantis?

I remember comic Sersi being a lot more powerful and proficient than it sounds like she'll be in the movie. I guess because Thena and now femMakkari are the fighters? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't that make her the same as MCU Mantis?

I remember comic Sersi being a lot more powerful and proficient than it sounds like she'll be in the movie. I guess because Thena and now femMakkari are the fighters? I dunno.
    imagine having this cool character capable of matter manipulation,

you can't wait to see her in the movieverse just to savor all the awesome special effects,

.......they turn her into an empath

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm not liking the sound of this to be honest. Also, did whoever wrote the article ever read a Sersi comic? She is known more for her trans mutation powers not telepathy! So the change is going to be even bigger than the article makes out.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Some of the usual main characters gets routinely mindwiped by their own brethren because they are unwilling to keep siphoning life from innocent human beings in order to be continually resurrected by the celestial machine, sersi knew it all along and was never mindwiped because she could not care less…… do I have to say more?
    end of spoilers
    We have known they were mindwiping Eternals and using backup personalities since the first issue with Spirite as well as any Eternals with paternal/maternal relationships. As for the "revelation", it's not as "shocking" as Gillen intended if you know anything about global mortality rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    We have known they were mindwiping Eternals and using backup personalities since the first issue with Spirite as well as any Eternals with paternal/maternal relationships. As for the "revelation", it's not as "shocking" as Gillen intended if you know anything about global mortality rate.
    Whatever the intention I feel like it is not adding anything of value, it actually managed to make the eternals even more unrelatable if it ever was possible

imagine having this cool character capable of matter manipulation,

you can't wait to see her in the movieverse just to savor all the awesome special effects,

.......they turn her into an empath

Don’t we see her doing stuff with like creating water? I feel like this is an ADDED power.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    didn’t sersi create those exploding lava fungi against Thanos via matter manipulation?

It’s still there
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    spoilers:
    didn’t sersi create those exploding lava fungi against Thanos via matter manipulation?

It’s still there
    end of spoilers
    The article was about the movie

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Don’t we see her doing stuff with like creating water? I feel like this is an ADDED power.
    Sure hope so